C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever get flipped off?

Old 04-11-2018, 01:04 PM
madcityeric
Heel & Toe

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ever get flipped off?

My wife and I each own a C6. I admit we do drive them hard. But we are carefull and courtious. She usually follows me. On the interstate with 2 or 3 lanes we do not ride peoples asses, if we come up on traffic, we slow down and wait for the people camping out in the left lane to move to the right. Then step on the gas and pass. Almost every time we are out we get flipped off. We also get the thumbs up from a lot of people too. But It happened again last sunday. we were running down a streach of highway going about 100, one ford escape in the right lane about 1 mile ahead of us. as we passed, he flipps us off. I know i was speeding, but in no way infrindge on "his" section of road, or made him move over, he was already in the right lane. I drive like this in our other cars too, don't get flipped off. So I don't believe its my driving, cause i dont get the same reaction when driving my other vehicles. only the vettes. Anyone else get this too?

Eric

Popular Reply

04-11-2018, 01:39 PM
~STOLEN~
Melting Slicks

Received 164 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by mcandrew67
I get flipped off no matter what I drive, I put it down to me
If you are hogging the left lane and not even doing the speed limit, I will ride your *** until you move over... maybe even flash lights at you too...

its called common sense to us normal people. Its always some doosch in a prius thats going 65mph in the fast lane for 10 miles RIGHT next to someone going 64.5 mph......i HATE THAT SH*T

what about the people that cant wait to pull out in front of you to go 13mph when there is NO ONE BEHIND YOU..............i may have road rage just sitting at my desk right now
Old 04-11-2018, 01:14 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,092 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by madcityeric
My wife and I each own a C6. I admit we do drive them hard. But we are carefull and courtious. She usually follows me. On the interstate with 2 or 3 lanes we do not ride peoples asses, if we come up on traffic, we slow down and wait for the people camping out in the left lane to move to the right. Then step on the gas and pass. Almost every time we are out we get flipped off. We also get the thumbs up from a lot of people too. But It happened again last sunday. we were running down a streach of highway going about 100, one ford escape in the right lane about 1 mile ahead of us. as we passed, he flipps us off. I know i was speeding, but in no way infrindge on "his" section of road, or made him move over, he was already in the right lane. I drive like this in our other cars too, don't get flipped off. So I don't believe its my driving, cause i dont get the same reaction when driving my other vehicles. only the vettes. Anyone else get this too?

Eric
Never.
Old 04-11-2018, 01:15 PM
Innovate
Drifting

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

The day I drove my Z home a guy in a BRZ/FRS slowed down on the interstate and at night in the rain, he reached his arm all the way out the window to give me the bird. I was bewildered lol, all I could think of is why?
Old 04-11-2018, 01:24 PM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

If you are hogging the left lane and not even doing the speed limit, I will ride your *** until you move over... maybe even flash lights at you too...
The following 6 users liked this post by mcandrew67:
airmed2 (04-12-2018), CaptainFalcon (09-13-2019), Dutch08 (08-26-2019), LuthRavin (08-26-2019), RGT (09-05-2019), tdf01cycling (04-13-2018) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-11-2018, 01:29 PM
itomh
Pro

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

Never, but would I notice it passing a car going 100? Probably not, cause my eyes would be focused on the road ahead of me.
The following users liked this post:
Hepcat (08-26-2019)
Old 04-11-2018, 01:31 PM
ExxWhy
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

My brother used to have a BMW Z3 coupe. He sold it after getting tired of people either trying to run him off the road or flipping him off for no particular reason. I doubt it ever had a thing to do with how he was driving, only what he was driving. Don't get it, you can buy a used vette or bmw or whatever for a lot less than a new hyundai, yet people must figure you to be a rich snob or something. Sadly, a LOT of people just plain suck.

Only had mine a short time, so far it's been peaceful.
Old 04-11-2018, 01:31 PM
stingray71
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 138 Posts

No. But I don't drive 100mph on the highway either. Anything over 80mph is reckless driving and up to 1 year in jail in Virginia.
Old 04-11-2018, 01:34 PM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 395 Likes on 226 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by stingray71
No. But I don't drive 100mph on the highway either. Anything over 80mph is reckless driving and up to 1 year in jail in Virginia.
Wow.

Automatic 1 year license revocation here.
Old 04-11-2018, 01:39 PM
~STOLEN~
Melting Slicks

Received 164 Likes on 136 Posts

its called common sense to us normal people. Its always some doosch in a prius thats going 65mph in the fast lane for 10 miles RIGHT next to someone going 64.5 mph......i HATE THAT SH*T

what about the people that cant wait to pull out in front of you to go 13mph when there is NO ONE BEHIND YOU..............i may have road rage just sitting at my desk right now
The following 8 users liked this post by ~STOLEN~:
astaggs (04-11-2018), CBRXX (04-16-2018), Glendows (04-12-2018), Gotta-Qik-C7 (04-15-2018), iw172 (04-11-2018), Logan_IDR (04-11-2018), luka2sb (08-26-2019), RGT (09-05-2019) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-11-2018, 01:40 PM
Jstan2014
Safety Car

Received 546 Likes on 421 Posts

Once. I was driving my Victory Red C6. I exited the highway. Signaled my lane change into the middle lane of a three lane frontage road. I man exits a parking lot and attempts an improper right turn into the middle lane. Legally he was required to turn into the nearest lane making a “ curb to curb” right turn. He also should have yielded the right of way to oncoming traffic. At the last second, he sees my car and quickly jerks hard right into the right (outside) lane to avoid crashing into my car. His front left bumper area would’ve struck my passenger door. He then rolls to a stop at the interesection that we were both approaching, reached out his window and flipped me off. He then turned right at the intersection and I proceeded forward through the intersection without even acknowledging his behavior. It should be noted his car already had several areas damaged from obvious previous crashes. Smh.
Old 04-11-2018, 01:50 PM
J.Moore
Burning Brakes

Received 223 Likes on 150 Posts

You and the wife both flying 100mph down the roads? You are apparently a reckless driver with no concern for other cars on the road. You deserve to get boned off.. So people camping out in the fast lane going the speed limit about 70 are wrong huh? You got it backwards Bob. Grow up.
The following 3 users liked this post by J.Moore:
jrose7004 (04-12-2018), mellojoe (04-12-2018), VETYGUD (04-12-2018)
Old 04-11-2018, 01:51 PM
itomh
Pro

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

Are we certain people are flipping us off? Maybe, just maybe, they are checking for wind direction.
The following 2 users liked this post by itomh:
carl3989 (08-26-2019), SivaSuryaKshatriya (08-26-2019)
Old 04-11-2018, 01:59 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,799 Posts

Originally Posted by madcityeric

Eric
I either get flipped off or some yahoo in a lifted pickup decides they want to chase me and try to run me off the road, as if they could keep up. I attribute it to envy.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:01 PM
madcityeric
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by itomh
Never, but would I notice it passing a car going 100? Probably not, cause my eyes would be focused on the road ahead of me.
kinda hard to miss even at 100, but I always watch the cars on the right in case they decide to move to the left lane.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:05 PM
J.J.D.O.
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ~STOLEN~

+1
Old 04-11-2018, 02:05 PM
Mcrider
Le Mans Master

Received 1,038 Likes on 400 Posts

2 cars jamming 100mph down the interstate and you wonder why you get the finger???

You have more money than brains IMO.
The following users liked this post:
slow_zo6 (08-27-2019)
Old 04-11-2018, 02:07 PM
cgladish
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 446 Likes on 336 Posts
Default The bird

I would have given you a "thanks", but don't want people to think I was condoning your behavior. my biggest pet peeve, are the "moving road blocks" in the passing lane ( a close second is not signaling ).
it's either ignorance or apathy, unfortunately, you can't always tell.
but as I also tend to drive a bit more aggressively than most, I come across the left lane bandits regularly. my goal when driving is, any action I do, does not cause someone else to make any corrections.
it is a goal, but not a rule. not looking for the roadways to be the authbahn, but a little consideration goes a long way.
I heard one reason why someone hangs out in the passing lane, that at least is reasonable ( though I still don't agree with it ). my friends wife's mother drives in the passing lane, since then she only has to worry about one lane ( to her right ).
just wait until the autonomous cars become standard.

Get notified of new replies

To Ever get flipped off?

Old 04-11-2018, 02:30 PM
madcityeric
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by J.Moore
You and the wife both flying 100mph down the roads? You are apparently a reckless driver with no concern for other cars on the road. You deserve to get boned off.. So people camping out in the fast lane going the speed limit about 70 are wrong huh? You got it backwards Bob. Grow up.
I don't belive doing 100 is reckless at all, I bought corvettes, not fiestas. And yes, someone camping out in the left lane doing 70 is wrong. However I dont ride there ***, I stay 2-3 cars leanths behind and wait.
The following 3 users liked this post by madcityeric:
CaptainFalcon (09-13-2019), Kimball (04-13-2018), montereyredvette (08-31-2019)
Old 04-11-2018, 02:31 PM
Welker1
Melting Slicks

Received 555 Likes on 464 Posts

Once (that I know of). I know I drive with a heavy foot, but I'm not a 'lane jumper' (zigzag through traffic), I normally stay in the left lane and try to be courteous (not tailgate). On one of our trips, there was a guy in left lane actually doing 5-10 mph below the speed limit who would not move over, even when there was nobody in the right lane. Finally I passed him on his right side; as I went by he flipped me off. My wife and I just laughed and continued on our way.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:38 PM
cgladish
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 446 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Welker1
Once (that I know of). I know I drive with a heavy foot, but I'm not a 'lane jumper' (zigzag through traffic), I normally stay in the left lane and try to be courteous (not tailgate). On one of our trips, there was a guy in left lane actually doing 5-10 mph below the speed limit who would not move over, even when there was nobody in the right lane. Finally I passed him on his right side; as I went by he flipped me off. My wife and I just laughed and continued on our way.

in California, the SF bay area at least, the passing lane has lost its meaning.
took a road a few years back, heading east on I-80, all the way through sparks, nv. left lane bandits the whole way.
after getting through sparks, all of the way to ohio, everyone who passed in the left lane, immediately passed to the right.
my patience is getting thin.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ever get flipped off?