C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vitesse Recalibration

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 03:35 PM
bartsky
Safety Car

Received 328 Likes on 244 Posts

Default Vitesse Recalibration

Might want to double check yours. After my initial install on this car 12 GS auto, it would not kick down into passing gear. After recalibrating the unit and on level 9, it is awesome. It kicks down with slightest touch now...
Old 04-11-2018, 05:41 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Now ya got me curious. Don't think I have an issue but I will check.
The following users liked this post:
bartsky (04-11-2018)
Old 04-11-2018, 05:47 PM
bartsky
Safety Car

Received 328 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by Vet Interested
After my initial install, it just would not kick down on the highway like it should. I thought to myself too, this probably won't change anything, but man it sure did!
Old 04-11-2018, 09:09 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

Received 1,596 Likes on 1,074 Posts

I think they recommend recalibrating it every (6 ?) months or so. I just recalibrated mine after I had to recharge the battery. One of the best mods I have ever done.
The following users liked this post:
bartsky (04-11-2018)
Old 04-11-2018, 11:58 PM
zzjakect
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

I've had nothing but bad and dangerous experience with this mod. It's in my junk drawer in the garage. Zero help from vendor also. Blamed every part of my car except this unit. Yet I removed it and car is fine.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:40 PM
FlyboyZR1
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by zzjakect
I've had nothing but bad and dangerous experience with this mod. It's in my junk drawer in the garage. Zero help from vendor also. Blamed every part of my car except this unit. Yet I removed it and car is fine.
What type of bad/dangerous experience did you have with it?
Old 04-12-2018, 11:58 PM
zzjakect
Pro

Originally Posted by FlyboyZR1
What type of bad/dangerous experience did you have with it?
I pulled into bank lot. Car's RPMS went up to over 6000 rpm with my foot off the throttle. Luckily its a manual so I mashed down clutch and shut down car or I would have been parked in bank lobby. They frown on that.
Contacted Vitesse and they said it was a throttle sensor problem. Nothin to do with their item. I got zero codes. I removed unit and car is back to perfect. They said their unit cannot fail. Horrible customer service. We have re-calibrated the device several time with no improvement in results. Car would have wandering rpms at rest. It's in a junk drawer where it belongs.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:37 PM
FlyboyZR1
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by zzjakect
I pulled into bank lot. Car's RPMS went up to over 6000 rpm with my foot off the throttle. Luckily its a manual so I mashed down clutch and shut down car or I would have been parked in bank lobby. They frown on that.
Contacted Vitesse and they said it was a throttle sensor problem. Nothin to do with their item. I got zero codes. I removed unit and car is back to perfect. They said their unit cannot fail. Horrible customer service. We have re-calibrated the device several time with no improvement in results. Car would have wandering rpms at rest. It's in a junk drawer where it belongs.
Wow! That's quite a bad experience indeed. I wonder if anyone else has run into this issue before.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:42 PM
zzjakect
Pro

The vendor will just say its buyers fault. It freaked me out. But others have said it works fine. I may have a bad unit, but vendor will never admit that.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:02 PM
Vette_Fan
Safety Car

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by bartsky
After my initial install, it just would not kick down on the highway like it should. I thought to myself too, this probably won't change anything, but man it sure did!

I leave mine on 3. My understanding of Vitesse is that it makes your acceleration input more sensitive, when starting from a stop. And I have noticed that a light input "Moves" the car much quicker and the peddle is sensitive to the touch.

But I had no idea it makes any difference on the highway, or while the car is in motion. Please school me on that, if I'm wrong.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:23 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by Vet Interested
Checked mine. No need to reset anything. Works great. My favorite mod.

Get notified of new replies

To Vitesse Recalibration

Quick Reply: Vitesse Recalibration