C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 corvette HVAC head unit lights flashing

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 02:55 PM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

Default 2008 corvette HVAC head unit lights flashing

Guys my HVAC head unit lights started flashing and will not stop. Everything works as it should but just flashes. MY search indicated the fix was a reset proc., pull fuse and reinsert, or change out head unit. Anything I am missing? If I need a new head unit where is best place to buy or is there a place to get mine rebuilt. I had a C5 and remember reading about a company that did the rebuild resolder deal. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 04-17-2018, 03:44 PM
Texan79423
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 138 Posts

I have a 05 that the display does that or the AC just won't come on. I think it have to do with the battery charge if not 14.+. One morning AC would not come on. At lunch same thing. Came out from eating lunch it worked fine. Then a couple of months later same thing again.

Funny thing is it will start to work after a few miles and turning it off and on a couple of time. IMO low voltage and it may not pull in a relay. But who knows for sure!
Old 04-17-2018, 04:27 PM
stingray71
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 138 Posts

Unfortunately, most responses for this issue appear to indicate that the hvac head unit would need replacement. There is one thread that says you can try re-soldering the connections in the unit if you are comfortable doing that kind of thing.

Blinking display
Old 04-17-2018, 04:33 PM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by stingray71
Unfortunately, most responses for this issue appear to indicate that the hvac head unit would need replacement. There is one thread that says you can try re-soldering the connections in the unit if you are comfortable doing that kind of thing.

Blinking display

Thanks for your feedback. I did the reset proc. I read about and it worked but not sure for how long. Prob. A new head unit is in order. Again i have heard about an outfit that will repair your unit and send back to you but can't find that info as of yet

Get notified of new replies

To 2008 corvette HVAC head unit lights flashing

Quick Reply: 2008 corvette HVAC head unit lights flashing