C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Talk me into it.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 09:15 AM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,436 Likes on 2,797 Posts

Originally Posted by K2l2eve
I've also thought about that with the c8 on the way and in 2 years it'll be even cheaper.

I have no smog here in sunny FLORIDA my SS is headers with no cats and straight thru mufflers dumped at the axles.
I would not bank on anything C8 related. It' all rumors and lies at this point, and when the c7 came out, c6 prices went UP, especially for lower mileage nice cars.
Old 04-18-2018, 11:12 AM
Tonylmiller
Race Director

Received 526 Likes on 343 Posts

If you want to talk money, I would say don't stretch your finances for a sports car. I would never borrow money for a Corvette. Drive a Corolla or Miata and save up some money.

With that said, I think an early year C6 Z06 is one of the best values on the car market, period.
Old 04-18-2018, 02:03 PM
gtredlt4
Melting Slicks

Received 67 Likes on 34 Posts

All I can say is I love my 2009 Victory Red Z06. I haven't had one issue with it since I bought it. Granted she only has 18K miles on her but it's without question the best automobile I have ever owned. I haven't done anything with the heads but do have an extended warranty until 2020. All she wants to do is run - nothing I have ever driven is this light and this powerful. She always sounds great and I'm seriously itching to get her out (Michigan winter still here today). If you get one that hasn't been beaten to death you will not be disappointed. It truly is my dream car. 150 mph and she's not even working hard. Yes I have done normal maintenance, replaced all fluids at least once and tires can be expensive but man this car hauls ***!!

Quick Reply: Talk me into it.