C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for Vert Owners with Subthump Dual 10" Upfiring Sub Box

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 12:26 PM
Cardinal Flyer
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Question for Vert Owners with Subthump Dual 10" Upfiring Sub Box

This question relates to C6 CONVERTIBLES.
Found this reasonably priced sub enclosure for C6 convertibles at http://subthump.com/Chevrolet-GMC-Cu...es-by-Subthump
Looks like it doesn't eat too much trunk space, and 2 10" subs should be better than my current nothing!
Interested in your comments on box quality, and the speaker/amp package you run.
Thanks in advance for your input!

Last edited by Cardinal Flyer; 04-20-2018 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Clarify question
Old 04-19-2018, 12:50 PM
Elijah71
Burning Brakes

Received 102 Likes on 72 Posts

I went with 2 8" JLAudio in the back. 10"s would be too much for such a small space in my opinion. As for loud, I've not played my system over 24 while I'm in the car as it is extremely loud on my setup and it goes to 40 volume.
My box is this one I believe: http://subthump.com/Chevrolet-GMC-Cu...ure-clone.html
Old 04-19-2018, 01:02 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Originally Posted by Elijah71
I went with 2 8" JLAudio in the back. 10"s would be too much for such a small space in my opinion. As for loud, I've not played my system over 24 while I'm in the car as it is extremely loud on my setup and it goes to 40 volume.
My box is this one I believe: http://subthump.com/Chevrolet-GMC-Cu...ure-clone.html
10's actually sound VERY good. I have a pair in my trunk.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:18 PM
Cardinal Flyer
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Elijah, I got an email from Subthump a few days ago when I asked about the dual 8" enclosure you have; they said it wouldn't fit a Vert.
Could you describe the process you used to install it?
I really would prefer the dual 8s if it's not that hard to alter it!
Thanks for the help!
Old 04-19-2018, 09:44 PM
Elijah71
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Cardinal Flyer
Elijah, I got an email from Subthump a few days ago when I asked about the dual 8" enclosure you have; they said it wouldn't fit a Vert.
Could you describe the process you used to install it?
I really would prefer the dual 8s if it's not that hard to alter it!
Thanks for the help!
it was a few years back i did mine. Let me see if I can find some infoon it from the shop. I don't see how they can claim 10s fit and 8 won't.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:45 AM
Cardinal Flyer
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

it was a few years back i did mine. Let me see if I can find some infoon it from the shop. I don't see how they can claim 10s fit and 8 won't.
Elijah,
Just to be clear, the company said the enclosure for the dual 8s would not fit a convertible. Nor would any of their enclosures fit a convertible EXCEPT the dual 10 upfiring box. So if you installed that dual 8s enclosure in a Vert I'd like to know what alterations had to be made to the enclosure itself.
Thanks again for the help!
Old 04-20-2018, 12:01 PM
Elijah71
Burning Brakes

Oh, that is my mistake. I missed the 'CONVERTIBLE' part of your post. Mine has the Targa.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:35 AM
Cardinal Flyer
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Anyone?
Old 04-30-2018, 07:04 AM
Vette_Fan
Safety Car

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts

Oh, that is my mistake. I missed the 'CONVERTIBLE' part of your post. Mine has the Targa.
I knew that from the get go... seeing that photo, it clearly shows a coupe. Infact, most coupes have no such issues as the Verts - verts have less space and places to install subs/amps/etc.

Originally Posted by Cardinal Flyer
Elijah,
Just to be clear, the company said the enclosure for the dual 8s would not fit a convertible. Nor would any of their enclosures fit a convertible EXCEPT the dual 10 upfiring box. So if you installed that dual 8s enclosure in a Vert I'd like to know what alterations had to be made to the enclosure itself.
Thanks again for the help!
Have you thought of installing subs where the rear speakers are now, or in the waterfall area....I wish there was a way to do that to save trunk space and get the bass sound directly behind the driver... Looking for such a solution.
Old 05-01-2018, 12:48 PM
Cardinal Flyer
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Vette_Fan
I knew that from the get go... seeing that photo, it clearly shows a coupe. Infact, most coupes have no such issues as the Verts - verts have less space and places to install subs/amps/etc.

Have you thought of installing subs where the rear speakers are now, or in the waterfall area....I wish there was a way to do that to save trunk space and get the bass sound directly behind the driver... Looking for such a solution.
Custom modification of rear speaker area to create enough enclosure for even shallow mount subs looks to be a very costly proposition for those like me who can't DIY. At this point I'm resigned to trying to choose between a self-powered sub or a small sub box + amp.

Get notified of new replies

To Question for Vert Owners with Subthump Dual 10" Upfiring Sub Box

Quick Reply: Question for Vert Owners with Subthump Dual 10" Upfiring Sub Box