C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio Flyer DRL switchbacks: Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 05:34 PM
05 Wreck
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Radio Flyer DRL switchbacks: Problem

I installed the Radio Flyer switchback harness and tried to install the supplied LED bulb(s). I could not get them to lock into the socket. The original Sylvania amber bulb locks right in place. Anyone have this issue?
Old 04-22-2018, 06:04 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,018 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Why in the first place?????

Hence just turn the DLR off when you start the car but turning the light switch past auto on the column to turn them off in the day time

Or, Tech II to change the BCM country code from USA to Mexico in module programming, then asterisk check the T62 option in the BCM menu, so the DRL's don't come on when you start the car in the day light instead.

The T62 option is the day time running light delete option, but will not show up in the USA BCM programming options, but does show up in the BCM Mexico settings isntead.
The following users liked this post:
luka2sb (04-22-2020)
Old 04-22-2018, 06:20 PM
bartsky
Safety Car

Received 328 Likes on 244 Posts

In the past I have had to use quite a bit of force to put some LEDs in those sockets myself.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:17 PM
05 Wreck
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Dano523
Why in the first place?????

Hence just turn the DLR off when you start the car but turning the light switch past auto on the column to turn them off in the day time

Or, Tech II to change the BCM country code from USA to Mexico in module programming, then asterisk check the T62 option in the BCM menu, so the DRL's don't come on when you start the car in the day light instead.

The T62 option is the day time running light delete option, but will not show up in the USA BCM programming options, but does show up in the BCM Mexico settings isntead.
I'm trying to use a well reviewed option. I can't get the bulbs to stay in the socket. Plus, the LED's do not generate the heat of the incadescent lights.....And I like the white DRL's.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:32 PM
TripleBlackZ06
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

subscribed , been thinking about this mod
Old 04-22-2018, 09:26 PM
2008 Corvette
Melting Slicks

Received 766 Likes on 538 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
Default DRL's

Instead of posting here why don't you contact George at Radio Flyer. He is your man.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:16 AM
tmsmedic
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Same thing happened to me...seems the stock halogen gets very hot and alters the mounting surface. Spoke to Radio Flyer and he said this is common. After some trial and error with creating a “gasket” with black electrical tape (doesn’t work...gets too hot and deforms) I found success with some rescue tape. One wrap tightly around threads of the ballast and got a snug, secure fit. The trick for me was to cut it to only cover the width of the threads. The tape adhere to itself so you need to overlap just enough to create the seal. Plus the tape is heat rated, so extreme heat doesn’t make it soft and pliable.

Get notified of new replies

To Radio Flyer DRL switchbacks: Problem

Quick Reply: Radio Flyer DRL switchbacks: Problem