C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dashboard warning light c6

Old 04-27-2018, 12:18 PM
Gera96ss
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dashboard warning light c6

I got some warning sings last night on my car it was the service fuel system,abs,turn off the car n started back up and they went away I was reading some threads of people having the same issue supposedly check the fuses under the passenger side can anyone relate?
Old 04-27-2018, 02:09 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,597 Likes on 2,332 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Gera96ss
I got some warning sings last night on my car it was the service fuel system,abs,turn off the car n started back up and they went away I was reading some threads of people having the same issue supposedly check the fuses under the passenger side can anyone relate?
Quite often those are a sign of a low battery. It could be the battery or the charging system.
I suspect you are not experienced working on cars. I would take it to a Corvette specialty shop if one is nearby.
Also, post up what year car, how long have you had it, what has been done to it...
Old 04-27-2018, 04:12 PM
Gera96ss
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by ruxvette
Quite often those are a sign of a low battery. It could be the battery or the charging system.
I suspect you are not experienced working on cars. I would take it to a Corvette specialty shop if one is nearby.
Also, post up what year car, how long have you had it, what has been done to it...
yes I am not experience with these cars I’ll try replacing the battery thank you 👍🏼
Old 04-27-2018, 04:22 PM
Welker1
Melting Slicks

Received 555 Likes on 464 Posts

yes I am not experience with these cars I’ll try replacing the battery thank you 👍🏼
Before replacing it, have it load tested at your local parts store to see if it's bad. AutoZone and most other parts stores will test it for free.
Old 04-27-2018, 05:57 PM
Gera96ss
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Welker1
Before replacing it, have it load tested at your local parts store to see if it's bad. AutoZone and most other parts stores will test it for free.
Sure will thanks 👍🏼
Old 04-28-2018, 12:41 AM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 288 Likes on 269 Posts

If it went away you are good to go unless it comes back on..Computer glitches.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:35 AM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,185 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Originally Posted by Welker1
In my experience, load testing tells nothing.

Every bad battery I've had has "load tested" just fine. Every single one.

Replaced the battery, and the "symptoms" went away. And I've replaced a few C6 batteries.
Old 04-28-2018, 11:24 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

What year vette and how old is the battery? You would not get those warning with you car running if you have a bad battery.If your alternator is working and putting out 14 plus volts.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:07 PM
Gera96ss
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Cherokee Nation
What year vette and how old is the battery? You would not get those warning with you car running if you have a bad battery.If your alternator is working and putting out 14 plus volts.
it’s a 2005 I had a friend test it said the battery was good we started the engine n the alternator bolts went down to 9 can that be the problem?
Old 04-29-2018, 11:10 PM
SladeX
Melting Slicks

Received 833 Likes on 607 Posts

Was it just a blip of 9V or did it stay at 9V after the car was started and it was idling?

The alternator should be outputting 14+V at idle with nothing but the engine on (no lights, fans etc)
Old 04-30-2018, 12:22 AM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

it’s a 2005 I had a friend test it said the battery was good we started the engine n the alternator bolts went down to 9 can that be the problem?
Yes...."Houston We Have A Problem".
Old 04-30-2018, 01:38 AM
Gera96ss
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Cherokee Nation
Yes...."Houston We Have A Problem".
also one of my lights is brighter than the other one can that b the problem as well not having too much power?
Old 04-30-2018, 01:42 AM
Gera96ss
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by SladeX
Was it just a blip of 9V or did it stay at 9V after the car was started and it was idling?

The alternator should be outputting 14+V at idle with nothing but the engine on (no lights, fans etc)
It was just a blip then the battery gauge was lower then 13 we Accelerated n went over 13 also the interior light flicker I was told that those alternators have some type of clutch in them that messed up really quick

Get notified of new replies

To dashboard warning light c6

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: dashboard warning light c6