C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yet Another "No Fob Detected" Issue

Old 04-29-2018, 05:48 PM
Kelley
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 25 Posts
AL Events Coordinator

Default Yet Another "No Fob Detected" Issue

I have read multiple "No Fob Detected" and "Won't Start" threads but I have a new twist. I normally hang out on the C2 forum but I bought a 2011 GS two years ago and I have my first problem with it. I keep all of my cars in a garage and keep the keys (or fob) in them. I don’t drive the GS much so it sits for long periods with the fob inside. A couple of times it has given me the “No Fob Detected” message but all I have done is lock/unlock the doors, pop the hatch, etc and the fob is then detected. It’s a hassle but not a problem. This time after sitting only two weeks the no fob message appeared but nothing I could do would make it start. I was getting nothing. The doors would not lock/unlock and the hatch would not release. I suddenly realized that there was no power anywhere. I couldn’t get the door open. As I sat there wondering if I was destine to spend the night in the car I heard a low whining noise from within the dash. I got the owner’s manual out to find the manual door release. I got the second fob but it didn’t work either. I tried to jump it off with a power pack and nothing. I tried to charge the battery with my charger and the battery wouldn’t take a charge. I checked the voltage and got 3.25 volts. What do I do?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Can I charge the battery or try to jump it off from the battery itself rather than under the hood?
Old 04-29-2018, 05:55 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

If you got 3.25 v from the car battery it's time to replace it.
Old 04-29-2018, 10:36 PM
Kelley
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 25 Posts
AL Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by EVRose
If you got 3.25 v from the car battery it's time to replace it.
Agreed but I think the battery is dead because of the whining noise from within the dash. Whatever that noise was definitely pulled the battery down. It was still whining when I got out of the car and called it a night. By morning the battery had to be drained
Old 04-29-2018, 10:41 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

The C6 is notorious for draining when in marginal conditions.

Once it gets iffy, it will just not obey the rules and shut down. It will continue to misbehave until dead.
Old 04-29-2018, 10:43 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Weird things happen when the battery is low or dead. I'm betting a new battery is all you need.
Old 04-29-2018, 10:46 PM
Knob Jockey
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 208 Likes on 172 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Your car battery is DOA.

And get a battery tender if your car is going to sit unused for more than a couple weeks.

And...read your Manual about how to get in the car using the metal key and how to use the slot in the glove box when your fob has a dead battery.

Get notified of new replies

To Yet Another "No Fob Detected" Issue

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Yet Another "No Fob Detected" Issue