What I did today . . . - Page 12 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What I did today . . .

Old 10-20-2018, 05:14 PM
  #221  
Rusler John
CF Senior Member
 
Rusler John's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2007
Location: Halcottsville NY
Posts: 1,050
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Default

The weather here has been terrible for nice rides, but, yesterday was a jewel. So, I took the Vette out to go to the cardiac doctor. Half the ride was twisty, up hill, down hill mountain roads and the other half was highway speed roads. It was wonderful to drive it and stretch its legs. Unfortunately, the season's coming to an end for cruising. Soon the snow will be falling along with the salt and all the other crap on the road. Hopefully, it'll all hold up for a while longer.
Rusler John is offline  
Old 10-20-2018, 05:34 PM
  #222  
Vet Interested
CF Senior Member
 
Vet Interested's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Location: (R. Bernardo) San Diego, California
Posts: 3,500
Thanked 402 Times in 315 Posts
Default

Two days ago I used my new Quickjack and changed the fluid/filter in my auto transmission. Car has 50,000 miles. Fluid looked good....dark red. Glad that job is done.
Vet Interested is offline  
Old 10-20-2018, 05:54 PM
  #223  
Jaime-Corvette
CF Senior Member
 
Jaime-Corvette's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2013
Location: Somewhere Near Bakersfield California
Posts: 942
Thanked 64 Times in 55 Posts
Default

I just finished cleaning my Loyyd floor matts. I used chemical guys all purpose cleaner and a brush then watered them down. That's probably not the way to do it but the 7 horsepower vacuum could no longer clean em!

Hopefully when they dry they'll look as good as they do wet!!
I should also mention that my matt's are the dirtiest color.... CASHMERE!!!

Last edited by Jaime-Corvette; 10-20-2018 at 05:58 PM.
Jaime-Corvette is offline  
Old 10-20-2018, 06:45 PM
  #224  
Bruze
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Bruze's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2014
Location: Finger Lakes, NYS
Posts: 7,002
Thanked 682 Times in 560 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Rusler John View Post
The weather here has been terrible for nice rides, but, yesterday was a jewel. So, I took the Vette out to go to the cardiac doctor. Half the ride was twisty, up hill, down hill mountain roads and the other half was highway speed roads. It was wonderful to drive it and stretch its legs. Unfortunately, the season's coming to an end for cruising. Soon the snow will be falling along with the salt and all the other crap on the road. Hopefully, it'll all hold up for a while longer.
Yup, yesterday was a beauty. Today I re-roofed my coal bin, the last thing I have to do before winter. Almost finished it but it started to rain so I quit for now. Crap weather for a few days, but we typically have to have that before we get Indian Summer.

Here in the Finger Lakes hills, we've had a frost and I had an inch of snow on my roofs and on the truck a couple of mornings ago. The road is clear for Injun Summer!

Bruze is online now  
Old 10-20-2018, 07:32 PM
  #225  
owc6
CF Senior Member
 
owc6's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2013
Location: Broomes Island, MD
Posts: 14,464
Thanked 2,153 Times in 1,534 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jaime-Corvette View Post
I just finished cleaning my Loyyd floor matts. I used chemical guys all purpose cleaner and a brush then watered them down. That's probably not the way to do it but the 7 horsepower vacuum could no longer clean em!

Hopefully when they dry they'll look as good as they do wet!!
I should also mention that my matt's are the dirtiest color.... CASHMERE!!!

​​​​​​ That's why I use Black/Ebony floor mats on my cashmere interiors.

Saved a lot of heartache.
owc6 is offline  
Old 10-20-2018, 08:29 PM
  #226  
Bruze
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Bruze's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2014
Location: Finger Lakes, NYS
Posts: 7,002
Thanked 682 Times in 560 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by owc6 View Post

​​​​​​ That's why I use Black/Ebony floor mats on my cashmere interiors.

Saved a lot of heartache.
For me, the red mats are here to stay. Changed the whole character of the car, for the better IMO.

I still have my black Lloyd's if anyone wants to buy them. Like new. I was gonna keep them "just in case," but they look BORING compared to the red mats.




Bruze is online now  
Old 10-20-2018, 08:39 PM
  #227  
Jaime-Corvette
CF Senior Member
 
Jaime-Corvette's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2013
Location: Somewhere Near Bakersfield California
Posts: 942
Thanked 64 Times in 55 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Bruze View Post
For me, the red mats are here to stay. Changed the whole character of the car, for the better IMO.

I still have my black Lloyd's if anyone wants to buy them. Like new. I was gonna keep them "just in case," but they look BORING compared to the red mats.




You got that right!
I was thinking of purchasing a red cargo Matt with "Corvette Racing" embroidered onto it. It's so it can compliment my red big z06 brakes. My cargo Matt needs to be changed either way, as battery acid has conpletely destroyed it.
Jaime-Corvette is offline  
Old 10-20-2018, 09:28 PM
  #228  
Bruze
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Bruze's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2014
Location: Finger Lakes, NYS
Posts: 7,002
Thanked 682 Times in 560 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jaime-Corvette View Post
You got that right!
I was thinking of purchasing a red cargo Matt with "Corvette Racing" embroidered onto it. It's so it can compliment my red big z06 brakes. My cargo Matt needs to be changed either way, as battery acid has conpletely destroyed it.
Hey Jaime, how are things?

Anything has to be better than cashmere mats, but black are also a PITA. They show the tiniest bit of light-colored dirt or dust from your shoes. Red isn't nearly as bad. But I think those three are the only choices.
Bruze is online now  
Old 10-20-2018, 09:46 PM
  #229  
Patsgarage
CF Senior Member
 
Patsgarage's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2012
Location: Outside the Quick Stop N.J.
Posts: 8,268
Thanked 334 Times in 284 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Bruze View Post
Hey Jaime, how are things?

Anything has to be better than cashmere mats, but black are also a PITA. They show the tiniest bit of light-colored dirt or dust from your shoes. Red isn't nearly as bad. But I think those three are the only choices.
I am right there with you on the red mats.

Yeah, I know that you can't see them too good in this pic, but it is all I have right now.

Did I read correctly that you had snow already ?
I could never live there.
Patsgarage is offline  
Old 10-20-2018, 09:54 PM
  #230  
Jaime-Corvette
CF Senior Member
 
Jaime-Corvette's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2013
Location: Somewhere Near Bakersfield California
Posts: 942
Thanked 64 Times in 55 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Bruze View Post
Hey Jaime, how are things?

Anything has to be better than cashmere mats, but black are also a PITA. They show the tiniest bit of light-colored dirt or dust from your shoes. Red isn't nearly as bad. But I think those three are the only choices.
Hey Bruze and friends!!!! I been away from forum for bit as I wasnt driving my vette too much for the past few months. Got into a new job and I cant really take the car to work cause all the contruction going on there. So I take my beater car. At least it saves me gas!!
looks to me like you and some people are going to have to put hair vettes away for their hibernation.
If there is only one good thing that comes from Cali, it's that I can drive the vette all year long!
Jaime-Corvette is offline  
Old 10-20-2018, 10:27 PM
  #231  
Bruze
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Bruze's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2014
Location: Finger Lakes, NYS
Posts: 7,002
Thanked 682 Times in 560 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Patsgarage View Post
I am right there with you on the red mats.

Yeah, I know that you can't see them too good in this pic, but it is all I have right now.

Did I read correctly that you had snow already ?
I could never live there.
Red with blue exterior? You should get some better pix!

Snow only lasted a few hours and was melted by 9-10 AM. As for not living here? -- millions of people disagree with you.
Bruze is online now  
Old 10-20-2018, 10:31 PM
  #232  
Patsgarage
CF Senior Member
 
Patsgarage's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2012
Location: Outside the Quick Stop N.J.
Posts: 8,268
Thanked 334 Times in 284 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Bruze View Post
Red with blue exterior? You should get some better pix!

Snow only lasted a few hours and was melted by 9-10 AM. As for not living here? -- millions of people disagree with you.

Blue ? CG all the way.
That is some great country, but snow in October ? No way.
Patsgarage is offline  
Old 10-21-2018, 12:08 AM
  #233  
Bruze
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Bruze's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2014
Location: Finger Lakes, NYS
Posts: 7,002
Thanked 682 Times in 560 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Patsgarage View Post
Blue ? CG all the way.
That is some great country, but snow in October ? No way.
So we finally see your car! (looks blue in your av )

Yeah, you'd probably never make it here -- you need to be tough and have LARGE *********.


Bruze is online now  
Old 10-21-2018, 12:14 AM
  #234  
Bruze
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Bruze's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2014
Location: Finger Lakes, NYS
Posts: 7,002
Thanked 682 Times in 560 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jaime-Corvette View Post
Hey Bruze and friends!!!! I been away from forum for bit as I wasnt driving my vette too much for the past few months. Got into a new job and I cant really take the car to work cause all the contruction going on there. So I take my beater car. At least it saves me gas!!
looks to me like you and some people are going to have to put hair vettes away for their hibernation.
If there is only one good thing that comes from Cali, it's that I can drive the vette all year long!
Good to see you here again, Jaime.

Your beater gets better mileage than the Vette? My 4-cylinder truck gets 1-2 MPG less than the C6.
Bruze is online now  
Old 11-05-2018, 12:09 AM
  #235  
Bruze
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Bruze's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2014
Location: Finger Lakes, NYS
Posts: 7,002
Thanked 682 Times in 560 Posts
Default

Snapped this near my driveway this morning, then went for a cruise:



Leaves are past prime, and there wasn't much red this year. It stayed too warm too late:






Car wash!



You can't tell here, but a couple of the wheels still had soap on them. It's a touchless car wash and used to work great. Apparently they are slacking off on maintenance because the last couple of years it hasn't dried very well (LOUSY today, had to wipe most of the car down) and now for the first time it didn't even rinse completely. I've tried several stalls and they all suck to one degree or another:



Almost home:

Bruze is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to Bruze For This Useful Post:
Jstan2014 (11-05-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 08:47 PM
  #236  
Jaime-Corvette
CF Senior Member
 
Jaime-Corvette's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2013
Location: Somewhere Near Bakersfield California
Posts: 942
Thanked 64 Times in 55 Posts
Default

While my vette has its headlights off (sent them to get new lenses replaced) and my front end is in peices I decided to finally change out my air dam spoiler. It as really damaged and it was missing the passenger side peice. Baught a new one and installed and it looks pretty good



I also thought of buying splash guards for the car. I didnt buy gm ones... I got ebay ones for 80 bucks or so and they look oem. Only thing I'm concerned about is the 3m tape. But even if it comes out it doesnt look too bad I guess. It's still uses push pin retainers.



I took a look at the cabin air filter (since I only discovered where it was last night) and it was time for a new one. Turns out it's on the upper passenger side firewall held by 3 ring clips. Easy peasy. Although it doesnt look like those filter fit in well. Ehh


Another smart thing I did was research why my upper fender near the headlight keeps popping up. Well it turns out it's a fun plastic clip that holds the fender end down. My drivers side was infected. So I baught a replacement peice at cultrag. You can see why it wouldnt hold it down.

Jaime-Corvette is offline  
Old 11-09-2018, 12:12 AM
  #237  
owc6
CF Senior Member
 
owc6's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2013
Location: Broomes Island, MD
Posts: 14,464
Thanked 2,153 Times in 1,534 Posts
Default

A virgin air dam. Well, that won't last long!
owc6 is offline  
Old 11-09-2018, 12:35 AM
  #238  
Bruze
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Bruze's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2014
Location: Finger Lakes, NYS
Posts: 7,002
Thanked 682 Times in 560 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by owc6 View Post
A virgin air dam. Well, that won't last long!
Virginity is always a temporary condition.

Bruze is online now  
Old 11-09-2018, 12:43 AM
  #239  
Zr6xChris
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Posts: 125
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default



still waiting on my vette to be wrapped, it has been 2 weeks. It feels like forever
Zr6xChris is offline  
Old 11-09-2018, 11:56 AM
  #240  
windyC6
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,319
Thanked 344 Times in 295 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Bruze View Post
Virginity is always a temporary condition.
LOL....kinda like that line from the movie "Hot Shots" where Toppers girlfriend says that shes a virgin....but shes just not very good at it !!!....
windyC6 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What I did today . . .


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: