C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What I did today . . .

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 04:14 PM
Rusler John
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

The weather here has been terrible for nice rides, but, yesterday was a jewel. So, I took the Vette out to go to the cardiac doctor. Half the ride was twisty, up hill, down hill mountain roads and the other half was highway speed roads. It was wonderful to drive it and stretch its legs. Unfortunately, the season's coming to an end for cruising. Soon the snow will be falling along with the salt and all the other crap on the road. Hopefully, it'll all hold up for a while longer.
Old 10-20-2018, 04:34 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Two days ago I used my new Quickjack and changed the fluid/filter in my auto transmission. Car has 50,000 miles. Fluid looked good....dark red. Glad that job is done.
Old 10-20-2018, 04:54 PM
Jaime-Corvette
Drifting

Received 153 Likes on 130 Posts

I just finished cleaning my Loyyd floor matts. I used chemical guys all purpose cleaner and a brush then watered them down. That's probably not the way to do it but the 7 horsepower vacuum could no longer clean em!

Hopefully when they dry they'll look as good as they do wet!!
I should also mention that my matt's are the dirtiest color.... CASHMERE!!!

Last edited by Jaime-Corvette; 10-20-2018 at 04:58 PM.
Old 10-20-2018, 05:45 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

Originally Posted by Rusler John
The weather here has been terrible for nice rides, but, yesterday was a jewel. So, I took the Vette out to go to the cardiac doctor. Half the ride was twisty, up hill, down hill mountain roads and the other half was highway speed roads. It was wonderful to drive it and stretch its legs. Unfortunately, the season's coming to an end for cruising. Soon the snow will be falling along with the salt and all the other crap on the road. Hopefully, it'll all hold up for a while longer.
Yup, yesterday was a beauty. Today I re-roofed my coal bin, the last thing I have to do before winter. Almost finished it but it started to rain so I quit for now. Crap weather for a few days, but we typically have to have that before we get Indian Summer.

Here in the Finger Lakes hills, we've had a frost and I had an inch of snow on my roofs and on the truck a couple of mornings ago. The road is clear for Injun Summer!

Old 10-20-2018, 06:32 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaime-Corvette
I just finished cleaning my Loyyd floor matts. I used chemical guys all purpose cleaner and a brush then watered them down. That's probably not the way to do it but the 7 horsepower vacuum could no longer clean em!

Hopefully when they dry they'll look as good as they do wet!!
I should also mention that my matt's are the dirtiest color.... CASHMERE!!!

​​​​​​ That's why I use Black/Ebony floor mats on my cashmere interiors.

Saved a lot of heartache.
Old 10-20-2018, 07:29 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Originally Posted by owc6

​​​​​​ That's why I use Black/Ebony floor mats on my cashmere interiors.

Saved a lot of heartache.
For me, the red mats are here to stay. Changed the whole character of the car, for the better IMO.

I still have my black Lloyd's if anyone wants to buy them. Like new. I was gonna keep them "just in case," but they look BORING compared to the red mats.

Attachment 48348620
Old 10-20-2018, 07:39 PM
Jaime-Corvette
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bruze
For me, the red mats are here to stay. Changed the whole character of the car, for the better IMO.

I still have my black Lloyd's if anyone wants to buy them. Like new. I was gonna keep them "just in case," but they look BORING compared to the red mats.

You got that right!
I was thinking of purchasing a red cargo Matt with "Corvette Racing" embroidered onto it. It's so it can compliment my red big z06 brakes. My cargo Matt needs to be changed either way, as battery acid has conpletely destroyed it.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:28 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

You got that right!
I was thinking of purchasing a red cargo Matt with "Corvette Racing" embroidered onto it. It's so it can compliment my red big z06 brakes. My cargo Matt needs to be changed either way, as battery acid has conpletely destroyed it.
Hey Jaime, how are things?

Anything has to be better than cashmere mats, but black are also a PITA. They show the tiniest bit of light-colored dirt or dust from your shoes. Red isn't nearly as bad. But I think those three are the only choices.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:46 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

Received 1,596 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Anything has to be better than cashmere mats, but black are also a PITA. They show the tiniest bit of light-colored dirt or dust from your shoes. Red isn't nearly as bad. But I think those three are the only choices.
I am right there with you on the red mats.

Yeah, I know that you can't see them too good in this pic, but it is all I have right now.

Did I read correctly that you had snow already ?
I could never live there.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:54 PM
Jaime-Corvette
Drifting

Hey Bruze and friends!!!! I been away from forum for bit as I wasnt driving my vette too much for the past few months. Got into a new job and I cant really take the car to work cause all the contruction going on there. So I take my beater car. At least it saves me gas!!
looks to me like you and some people are going to have to put hair vettes away for their hibernation.
If there is only one good thing that comes from Cali, it's that I can drive the vette all year long!
Old 10-20-2018, 09:27 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Patsgarage
I am right there with you on the red mats.

Yeah, I know that you can't see them too good in this pic, but it is all I have right now.

Did I read correctly that you had snow already ?
I could never live there.
Red with blue exterior? You should get some better pix!

Snow only lasted a few hours and was melted by 9-10 AM. As for not living here? -- millions of people disagree with you.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:31 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

Received 1,596 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Red with blue exterior? You should get some better pix!

Snow only lasted a few hours and was melted by 9-10 AM. As for not living here? -- millions of people disagree with you.

Blue ? CG all the way.
That is some great country, but snow in October ? No way.
Old 10-20-2018, 11:08 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Patsgarage
Blue ? CG all the way.
That is some great country, but snow in October ? No way.
So we finally see your car! (looks blue in your av )

Yeah, you'd probably never make it here -- you need to be tough and have LARGE *********.

Old 10-20-2018, 11:14 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Hey Bruze and friends!!!! I been away from forum for bit as I wasnt driving my vette too much for the past few months. Got into a new job and I cant really take the car to work cause all the contruction going on there. So I take my beater car. At least it saves me gas!!
looks to me like you and some people are going to have to put hair vettes away for their hibernation.
If there is only one good thing that comes from Cali, it's that I can drive the vette all year long!
Good to see you here again, Jaime.

Your beater gets better mileage than the Vette? My 4-cylinder truck gets 1-2 MPG less than the C6.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:09 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Snapped this near my driveway this morning, then went for a cruise:

Leaves are past prime, and there wasn't much red this year. It stayed too warm too late:

Car wash!

You can't tell here, but a couple of the wheels still had soap on them. It's a touchless car wash and used to work great. Apparently they are slacking off on maintenance because the last couple of years it hasn't dried very well (LOUSY today, had to wipe most of the car down) and now for the first time it didn't even rinse completely. I've tried several stalls and they all suck to one degree or another:

Almost home:

The following users liked this post:
Jstan2014 (11-05-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 07:47 PM
Jaime-Corvette
Drifting

While my vette has its headlights off (sent them to get new lenses replaced) and my front end is in peices I decided to finally change out my air dam spoiler. It as really damaged and it was missing the passenger side peice. Baught a new one and installed and it looks pretty good

I also thought of buying splash guards for the car. I didnt buy gm ones... I got ebay ones for 80 bucks or so and they look oem. Only thing I'm concerned about is the 3m tape. But even if it comes out it doesnt look too bad I guess. It's still uses push pin retainers.

I took a look at the cabin air filter (since I only discovered where it was last night) and it was time for a new one. Turns out it's on the upper passenger side firewall held by 3 ring clips. Easy peasy. Although it doesnt look like those filter fit in well. Ehh

Another smart thing I did was research why my upper fender near the headlight keeps popping up. Well it turns out it's a fun plastic clip that holds the fender end down. My drivers side was infected. So I baught a replacement peice at cultrag. You can see why it wouldnt hold it down.

Old 11-08-2018, 11:12 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

A virgin air dam. Well, that won't last long!

Get notified of new replies

To What I did today . . .

Old 11-08-2018, 11:35 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Originally Posted by owc6
A virgin air dam. Well, that won't last long!
Virginity is always a temporary condition.

Old 11-08-2018, 11:43 PM
Zr6xChris
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

still waiting on my vette to be wrapped, it has been 2 weeks. It feels like forever
Old 11-09-2018, 10:56 AM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

Virginity is always a temporary condition.
LOL....kinda like that line from the movie "Hot Shots" where Toppers girlfriend says that shes a virgin....but shes just not very good at it !!!....

Quick Reply: What I did today . . .