C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

door does not unlock

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 05:28 AM
dozzer
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default door does not unlock

have a 2013 gs when i come out of drive doors don't unlock and yes it is program to unlock in park
Old 04-27-2018, 06:33 AM
C6ToGo
Safety Car

Received 1,110 Likes on 691 Posts

1) FOB battery good?
2) door pad working? Can you open passenger door?
The following users liked this post:
dozzer (04-28-2018)
Old 04-27-2018, 04:35 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,060 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by dozzer
have a 2013 gs when i come out of drive doors don't unlock and yes it is program to unlock in park
What method are you using to know it doesn't work?

Entry to car by passenger door with driver door closed and fob inside of car?
Exit from car by passenger using door button with driver door closed and fob inside of car?
Either of the above with the fob outside the car?
Either of the above with the fob inside but the shift lever in a position other than park?
The above is only a small sample of questions to help resolve your problem.

What I'm asking for is far more detailed information than what you have so far mentioned.
The following users liked this post:
dozzer (04-28-2018)
Old 04-27-2018, 04:57 PM
HK770
Burning Brakes

Received 237 Likes on 189 Posts

Where I'd start

Fob battery for charge and try both doors for opening. THEN!

The following 2 users liked this post by HK770:
2k Cobra (04-29-2018), dozzer (04-28-2018)
Old 04-27-2018, 07:49 PM
Curt D
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by HK770
Where I'd start

Fob battery for charge and try both doors for opening. THEN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sfJQZrbbyY
Just happened to do this today as my drivers side was getting slow to unlatch. It’s awesome again
Old 04-28-2018, 05:36 AM
dozzer
4th Gear

thanks for the help fob bat is good i put the car in drive and the doors lock drive around love it ! stop put it in park and the doors stay locked i have to push the unlock button to open them mean while i have it set up to unlock in park
Old 04-28-2018, 10:43 AM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Are you using the same fob all the time? Do you have it set to unlock in park for both fobs?
Old 04-28-2018, 01:47 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

thanks for the help fob bat is good i put the car in drive and the doors lock drive around love it ! stop put it in park and the doors stay locked i have to push the unlock button to open them mean while i have it set up to unlock in park
Stay locked?
Which "unlock button"? The one on the fob or the rocker switch on the drivers door?
Does this happen if the engine is still running or only if it's off? If off, how much time has passed before having the problem?
Do you mean no one can open them from the outside?
Can you open either door from the inside using only the button on the door handle?
Are both of your fobs programmed for active or passive locking?

See what I meant about being specific.
Old 04-29-2018, 06:12 AM
dozzer
4th Gear

Default doors

thanks guys use the same fob all the time the other one is put away with the battery out . Have fob in car when i program it for doors to unlock when in park and they don't. Have to push rocker switch on the drivers to unlock door . Weather car is running or not after you come out of drive and go in park both doors do not unlock have to use rocker switch its really not a big deal . But it be nice if i can get it to work thank you for the help
Old 04-29-2018, 02:10 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

thanks guys use the same fob all the time the other one is put away with the battery out . Have fob in car when i program it for doors to unlock when in park and they don't. Have to push rocker switch on the drivers to unlock door . Weather car is running or not after you come out of drive and go in park both doors do not unlock have to use rocker switch its really not a big deal . But it be nice if i can get it to work thank you for the help
This may be due to a confusion on the way the owner's manual describes the locking functions and how you interpret them.
On many other cars that have similar abilities, the passive unlocking feature still requires you to pull a handle/lever to actually open the door. However, there is not a mechanical method on a Vette door, because the actual lock/unlock latch is in the door jam, not the door itself. The auto-unlock feature merely allows the door to unlock when the door button that is on the door handle is pressed. (see the Doors and Locks section in chapter 3 for a drawing of the button location) The rocker switch you have been using, overrides the door handle button and is best used to control ingress/egress on the passenger door.

The passive door unlock feature in chapter 4, allows exterior passive settings vs active unlock by pressing fob buttons. The Auto Unlock interior feature fails to describe that the rocker switch must be used if you select the OFF option. Assuming you prefer to keep the fob in your pocket, select BOTH (default) choices for both features.
Old 04-30-2018, 05:44 AM
dozzer
4th Gear

thank you i will give it a try today after dinner

Get notified of new replies

To door does not unlock

Quick Reply: door does not unlock