C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drivers Seat Inop.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 07:12 AM
01Z06 Black
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Default Drivers Seat Inop.

My drivers seat has been intermittent for awhile and finally stopped altogether and was all the way back. I searched through all of the other threads on this issue and found one where you could unplug the forward and reverse motor connecter and jump 12 volts to it to get the seat forward. I found this to be difficult to do since you can barley reach in there and disconnect the connector.

I ended up removing the seat switches. The seat cushion has grey cloth around the bottom of the seat cushion with a cord inside that secures the cushion to the seat frame. I cut the cord with a razor knife and then I was able to lift up the seat cushion to get to the seat module. Once back together you will not notice that you cut the cord, as the side switch cover will hold it in place.

I connected the new connector to the seat module and applied 12 volts to move the seat forward to get to the rear seat bolts.

The seat module is mounted on the seat springs and when you sit in the seat the module moves with the spring and this flexes the power wires. The power wires are 10ga and have a low strand count and do not flex well and eventually break off at the connector. I wire tied the power wires to the seat spring so that the wires move with the module when you sit in the seat. The seat was repaired once before I purchased the car.

Last edited by 01Z06 Black; 05-02-2018 at 07:56 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Landru (05-01-2018)
Old 05-01-2018, 10:16 AM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

Nice write-up, even better it's back working.

Wondering if Chevy's 'comb' contraption was supposed to address this & associated problems w/ wires breaking/coming loose w/ repeated seat movement.

Glad you're golden again, here's to running this down.
Old 05-01-2018, 11:49 AM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

I'm sure you did this prior, but if others have a problem with seat operation, the first thing to do is separate the connections, lightly brush the receptacles, then use compressed air to blow out any dirt or other particles. I had a problem on my 08 (sold since) with an intermittent seat belt warning when there was nobody in the seat, and vertical adjustment, in the passenger seat. Did the above, and it was fine after that.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:58 AM
01Z06 Black
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Landru
Nice write-up, even better it's back working.

Wondering if Chevy's 'comb' contraption was supposed to address this & associated problems w/ wires breaking/coming loose w/ repeated seat movement.

Glad you're golden again, here's to running this down.
You don't have many other options if you can't get the rear seat bolts off.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:00 AM
01Z06 Black
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by buckmeister2
I'm sure you did this prior, but if others have a problem with seat operation, the first thing to do is separate the connections, lightly brush the receptacles, then use compressed air to blow out any dirt or other particles. I had a problem on my 08 (sold since) with an intermittent seat belt warning when there was nobody in the seat, and vertical adjustment, in the passenger seat. Did the above, and it was fine after that.
I think that any C6 will eventually experience this problem.

Get notified of new replies

To Drivers Seat Inop.

Quick Reply: Drivers Seat Inop.