C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

memory seat exit position

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 08:01 AM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

Originally Posted by **** Jockey
Somebody enabled that option, maybe a previous owner or Dealer.

If you don't want to mess around with the DIC Options, just set the seat where you want it and store that setting into both memories (drive and exit) by pressing the #1 button and after it beeps, press the exit button til it beeps.
Is the "Exit" button the one between "1" and "2"? If so, that is the answer I was looking for. I will try it today.

Thanks!
Old 05-16-2018, 09:46 AM
dcarter0001
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by buckmeister2
No, you do not need to press the button each time if it is set properly. As DD indicated, the driving position and the exit position have to be set separately for it to operate automatically.

Also, when you start the car, if you immediately take it out of Park (A6), the seat will not move to the driving position. It must first sense that the car is in "Park". It takes maybe 2 full seconds, at which time, the seat will begin to move. At that point, you can take the car out of park, and the seat will continue to the set position.
I think that's it I tried it and every time I took my time it worked. I'm usually in a hurry and hop in and go. I like this feature, it's much easier for me to get in and out.
Old 05-16-2018, 12:28 PM
Pylons
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fireparamed
If you have a manual, you program everything the same but you have to physically push the #1 or #2 button to tell the car you want your seat and steering wheel in driving position (memory recall). The manual drive will still automatically move you seat and steering wheel into the exit position when you turn the car off and open the door. [/left]
this is my experience with my '11 manual GS...except I'd add that the seat/wheel won't go to the exit position unless you pull the handbrake

I set my auto-exit to ON mostly to avoid wearing the bolster getting in and out...it's also nice when I autocross...I use my 2nd seat memory position, which is closer to the wheel, so it's then even nicer to have the exit position option
Old 05-16-2018, 01:35 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Somebody enabled that option, maybe a previous owner or Dealer.

If you don't want to mess around with the DIC Options, just set the seat where you want it and store that setting into both memories (drive and exit) by pressing the #1 button and after it beeps, press the exit button til it beeps.
Originally Posted by Bruze
Is the "Exit" button the one between "1" and "2"? If so, that is the answer I was looking for. I will try it today.

Thanks!
I got in, the seat moved and stopped, I pressed the button between 1 and 2 til it beeped. I went to lunch, got out, got back in, came home, got out and the seat didn't move at all.

Hooray! I will never monkey with the settings again.
Old 05-16-2018, 02:32 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

I got in, the seat moved and stopped, I pressed the button between 1 and 2 til it beeped. I went to lunch, got out, got back in, came home, got out and the seat didn't move at all.

Sounds like a good plan.
The following users liked this post:
Bruze (05-16-2018)
Old 05-16-2018, 02:42 PM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

In the immortal words of some old fart from years ago....."If it ain't broke then don't fix it"......
Old 05-16-2018, 03:12 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Originally Posted by windyC6
In the immortal words of some old fart from years ago....."If it ain't broke then don't fix it"......
I absolutely agree with that, and it is a motto I usually live by -- especially when it has anything to do with computers. And our cars are just rolling computers.

Kinda sux though that I couldn't move the seat just a little bit without going through the third degree just to get back to ground zero.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:49 AM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

I absolutely agree with that, and it is a motto I usually live by -- especially when it has anything to do with computers. And our cars are just rolling computers.

Kinda sux though that I couldn't move the seat just a little bit without going through the third degree just to get back to ground zero.
....I know this is right !!!! I don't really mind all this new techno crap...as long as it works....and works for a long time....and is relatively easy for anyone (including my weak computer mind) to use.....
The following users liked this post:
Bruze (05-17-2018)
Old 05-17-2018, 02:15 PM
dr_gallup
Melting Slicks

Received 897 Likes on 584 Posts

Geez, the seat, fob and button memory stuff it a walk in the part compared to that damn NAV!
Old 05-17-2018, 02:25 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Originally Posted by dr_gallup
Geez, the seat, fob and button memory stuff it a walk in the part compared to that damn NAV!
Your problem seems to be the English language.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:06 PM
Knob Jockey
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 208 Likes on 172 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Just when I thought you may actually embrace some of the C6's techno-quirks.

Now just don't go changing the mirrors or radio because they're tied to the fob-related memory too.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:37 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Just when I thought you may actually embrace some of the C6's techno-quirks.

Now just don't go changing the mirrors or radio because they're tied to the fob-related memory too.

Quick Reply: memory seat exit position