C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[NEW] 2012 - 2013 C6 Corvette Black Leather Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 07:00 PM
0Ridies
Former Vendor

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by slammin86
What other leather items do you offer?
For C6, seat covers and 3-piece center console kit. That's it
Old 05-28-2018, 08:05 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

They dont seem to have the holes for ventilation for the heated seat option...or do I have that wrong?
They do seem very nice and not expensive. I just went the OEM route and one seat was close to that tax included

Clif
Old 05-28-2018, 08:35 PM
jdvann
Melting Slicks

Received 451 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by z06clif
They dont seem to have the holes for ventilation for the heated seat option...or do I have that wrong?
They do seem very nice and not expensive. I just went the OEM route and one seat was close to that tax included

Clif
I saw perforation as an option...
Old 05-28-2018, 09:33 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,797 Likes on 4,232 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

I haven’t posted anything negative as I’ve been giving Interior Innovations the benefit of the doubt because others have had good experiences with them. As Corvette Ed stated, the seat skins pictured are the ones I ordered back in March.

I contacted II and specified what I was looking for specifically. Communication was excellent when I was considering ordering. I was told they could do what I wanted (the custom flag logo you see) & I sent them pictures of my car to specify the shade of orange I wanted & I mailed them a sample of the exact color thread I wanted for the stitching. I was given a decent discount if I sent them my originals so they could make a template.

I shipped them my originals which were received on March 23rd & was told 3-4 weeks shipped. 9 weeks later I received the skins you see pictured & unfortunately they did not fit & the thread was the wrong color. I contacted them that day and explained the situation. I was told they would make it right, and also that they had not sent the thread sample I provided to their manufacturer over seas in an effort to save time (was already at 9 weeks when they told me 3-4).

I also ordered a console cover, shift boot & e-brake boot with the “orange stitching” except the stitching is really more of a gold color. The stitching on the seats also appears a different color than the stitching in the flag logo which is more of a burnt orange - again not the color I specified.

On May 18 I asked to return the console cover, shift boot & e-brake boot (none were installed) because the thread color was not even close to orange & I could not use them due to a mis-match with other thread in my interior. They responded that I should’ve just ordered everything from them to ensure a match (unfortunately they don’t make any other interior leather pieces, so that doesn’t work plus the thread is the wrong color anyway).

I have not heard back from them since May 18th. Of course I already paid for the order, so I am out that money plus I had to buy a set of OEM skins so I could put the seats back in my car after 9 weeks. That cost me another $400. I’m currently out $850 & don’t have the product that I specified.

Yes the skins appeared to be high quality leather & the stitching was good, however, they did not fit the ‘12-13 seats. If I actually get skins that fit correctly with the correct color stitching, I will happily amend my review.

Old 05-28-2018, 09:44 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by JABCAT
I haven’t posted anything negative as I’ve been giving Interior Innovations the benefit of the doubt because others have had good experiences with them. As Corvette Ed stated, the seat skins pictured are the ones I ordered back in March.

I contacted II and specified what I was looking for specifically. Communication was excellent when I was considering ordering. I was told they could do what I wanted (the custom flag logo you see) & I sent them pictures of my car to specify the shade of orange I wanted & I mailed them a sample of the exact color thread I wanted for the stitching. I was given a decent discount if I sent them my originals so they could make a template.

I shipped them my originals which were received on March 23rd & was told 3-4 weeks shipped. 9 weeks later I received the skins you see pictured & unfortunately they did not fit & the thread was the wrong color. I contacted them that day and explained the situation. I was told they would make it right, and also that they had not sent the thread sample I provided to their manufacturer over seas in an effort to save time (was already at 9 weeks when they told me 3-4).

I also ordered a console cover, shift boot & e-brake boot with the “orange stitching” except the stitching is really more of a gold color. The stitching on the seats also appears a different color than the stitching in the flag logo which is more of a burnt orange - again not the color I specified.

On May 18 I asked to return the console cover, shift boot & e-brake boot (none were installed) because the thread color was not even close to orange & I could not use them due to a mis-match with other thread in my interior. They responded that I should’ve just ordered everything from them to ensure a match (unfortunately they don’t make any other interior leather pieces, so that doesn’t work plus the thread is the wrong color anyway).

I have not heard back from them since May 18th. Of course I already paid for the order, so I am out that money plus I had to buy a set of OEM skins so I could put the seats back in my car after 9 weeks. That cost me another $400. I’m currently out $850 & don’t have the product that I specified.

Yes the skins appeared to be high quality leather & the stitching was good, however, they did not fit the ‘12-13 seats. If I actually get skins that fit correctly with the correct color stitching, I will happily amend my review.

Bummer, seems they are still as bad after becoming ridies as they were when they were interior innovations. I had a similar experience before being completely blown off. They fucked up an order and when I asked about it they said "mind you this was a custom order, what would you like us to do?" I first asked for a replacement at material cost, then tried to just buy the pieces outright and was completely ignored. So as much as I would like to change my covers I guess I'll be going the OEM route.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:55 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

This is certainly not the experience I had with them as Interior Innovations, and if they do not make this right they will be getting a negative response from me with every thread they post. This is completely unacceptable considering they would not even be able to offer the 2012-13 skins without your trust and generosity. They will quickly gain a bad name for themselves if they don't make this right, and I will make it a personal mission to make it so since I have been praising them for more than a year now. Many forum members have made their purchases from my recommendation alone, and that will stop until they do the right thing. If they want to lose money, they can continue the present course. If they want to do business, they will make it right. Those are the only two options they have at this point.
Old 05-30-2018, 02:05 PM
0IInnovations
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff I don't understand the reason behind this post, last time I spoke I told you that we will be sending you another complete set, but you would have to wait since you wanted to match the shade of orange that you have on certain items you bought form another company. It takes sometime to ship the thread overseas, stitching unit folks just received it today and hopefully the new set will go out in next 24-48 hours with some adjustments.

I do apologize for the delay but it got extended due to the fact that you would like two oranges from different companies to match, we tried it with the first set but unfortunately it didn't work, hence, we had to ship it to our overseas stitching unit. If that wasn't the case, we would have shipped another set within 24-48 hours.

I have issued a full refund of your money, hopefully this will rectify some of the inconvenience that you had to go through.

Thanks!
IInnovations.
Old 05-30-2018, 02:12 PM
0IInnovations
Former Vendor

Hi Corvette_Ed, Thanks for your support! We always tried our level best to bring quality products at a reasonable price for our customers but things happen, in the case of Jeff, it was a first ever set that we made for 12-13 model without having the actual seats, you know sometime you would need to make few adjustments in your pattern..........But in the case of Jeff, the issue to match the stitching color pushes the time frame to next level specially considering the fact that the seat covers have been manufacturing overseas..........In any case we have issue a full refund and hopefully the second set will go out in next 24-48 hours.

Hope everybody understand!

Thanks!
IInnovations.
Old 05-30-2018, 02:54 PM
doomi
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

I knew Jabcat had to buy another oem set as I noticed in the for sale section. I was curious if he was going to give his input here.

Ridies, I prototype new products before I unleash them and can certainly understand that a first pass at something may not be perfect. But you don't pass that imperfection on to the customer. I'm sure you didn't know of the fitment issues since you didn't have any seats to test them on, so I think you deserve a break there.

I'm glad to see you are making this right because I was planning on using you for my interior swap in a few months.
​​​​​​
Old 05-30-2018, 03:34 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

I'm going to add a reply, not to get into a forum back & forth as I have communicated throughout this process with II via email. If you read my post, nowhere in there did I bash II or the product. In fact, I stated the skins appeared to be very good quality leather & the stitching itself was good, the issue was they didn't fit & the stitching was the wrong color. I also stated that they gave me a decent discount for me sending in my OEM to be used as a template. My primary concerns were:
  • I was told 3-4 weeks - it took 9 to receive the product
  • I sent them a sample of the stitching to ensure they had the thread color I wanted & they didn't send it to their manufacturers to make sure it matched
  • Communication has been very sporadic since placing the order & as indicated I emailed on 5/15 when I received the order to let them know of the issues. I contacted Ridies through PM on the forum to let them know of the fitment issue when I saw these posted for sale in case they started receiving other orders. You can see I didn't post anything about my issues, and even posted positive responses that they could pretty much do any color (to a forum member's question).
  • I emailed II on 5/18 regarding what resolution I wanted & another email on 5/25 that read "Good morning, Any updates on where we are with replacement skins with the correct stitching & returning of the center console cover and shift/e-brake boots? Thank you very much". I did not receive a response until today.
  • I had to purchase a new set of OEM skins to replace the set I sent in to be used as a template because I had not been able to drive my car for 11 weeks.
I understand this was a custom order, and I indicated as much in my email communication to them, thus why I have been so patient. II offered to provide a partial refund due to the issues & length of time, to which I thanked them for working to fix the situation. I expressed that I wanted to return the console cover, shift-boot & e-brake boot for a refund because the stitching color was not close to matching. These items are in brand new, never-installed condition just as the day I received them. I also expressed to II what I felt was a fair amount to be refunded. I even sent them a screen shot of the payment I made for replacement OEM skins to show I wasn't just pulling a dollar amount out of the air. I've been professional in every communication over the last 3 months. Unfortunately, my post in this thread, which I don't feel was out-of-line, caused II to close his reply to my email this morning with "I will be issuing a full refund as I don't need your money."

As I stated in my previous post, when I received the custom skins & if they fit correctly/have the correct stitching, I will happily amend my review of the product.
Old 05-30-2018, 03:54 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

I'm going to add a reply, not to get into a forum back & forth as I have communicated throughout this process with II via email. If you read my post, nowhere in there did I bash II or the product. In fact, I stated the skins appeared to be very good quality leather & the stitching itself was good, the issue was they didn't fit & the stitching was the wrong color. I also stated that they gave me a decent discount for me sending in my OEM to be used as a template. My primary concerns were:
  • I was told 3-4 weeks - it took 9 to receive the product
  • I sent them a sample of the stitching to ensure they had the thread color I wanted & they didn't send it to their manufacturers to make sure it matched
  • Communication has been very sporadic since placing the order & as indicated I emailed on 5/15 when I received the order to let them know of the issues. I contacted Ridies through PM on the forum to let them know of the fitment issue when I saw these posted for sale in case they started receiving other orders. You can see I didn't post anything about my issues, and even posted positive responses that they could pretty much do any color (to a forum member's question).
  • I emailed II on 5/18 regarding what resolution I wanted & another email on 5/25 that read "Good morning, Any updates on where we are with replacement skins with the correct stitching & returning of the center console cover and shift/e-brake boots? Thank you very much". I did not receive a response until today.
  • I had to purchase a new set of OEM skins to replace the set I sent in to be used as a template because I had not been able to drive my car for 11 weeks.
I understand this was a custom order, and I indicated as much in my email communication to them, thus why I have been so patient. II offered to provide a partial refund due to the issues & length of time, to which I thanked them for working to fix the situation. I expressed that I wanted to return the console cover, shift-boot & e-brake boot for a refund because the stitching color was not close to matching. These items are in brand new, never-installed condition just as the day I received them. I also expressed to II what I felt was a fair amount to be refunded. I even sent them a screen shot of the payment I made for replacement OEM skins to show I wasn't just pulling a dollar amount out of the air. I've been professional in every communication over the last 3 months. Unfortunately, my post in this thread, which I don't feel was out-of-line, caused II to close his reply to my email this morning with "I will be issuing a full refund as I don't need your money."

As I stated in my previous post, when I received the custom skins & if they fit correctly/have the correct stitching, I will happily amend my review of the product.
Same experience here, granted it was only for the matching pieces to my seats, but i was given the same attitude and was ignored after I tried to outright purchase another set, multiple times at my own cost to their mistake(which they never offered to fix). I was under the impression ridies was merging with II so things like this didn't happen anymore, unfortunately it looks like that isn't the case, because I loved the way the covers looked in my C5 but the overall experience of the purchase was enough to warrant looking somewhere else for skins or having them made locally.
Old 05-30-2018, 04:33 PM
Lee Cromwell
Pro

Received 211 Likes on 148 Posts

Just for what it's worth here... I got my covers a few weeks ago and they were absolutely perfect, love everything about them, now it wasn't any special order or anything but special to me none the less so II, or Ridies as what they're working as now was totally great, just my experience..
Old 05-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Please keep me posted. I will withhold any further comment until I know whether or not they've made things right with you. I know the refund doesn't make up for the aggravation you've had to go through considering your generosity that started all of this, but if the end result turns out to be what you'd wanted to begin with, that will say a lot.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:36 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Originally Posted by IInnovations
Jeff I don't understand the reason behind this post, last time I spoke I told you that we will be sending you another complete set, but you would have to wait since you wanted to match the shade of orange that you have on certain items you bought form another company. It takes sometime to ship the thread overseas, stitching unit folks just received it today and hopefully the new set will go out in next 24-48 hours with some adjustments.

I do apologize for the delay but it got extended due to the fact that you would like two oranges from different companies to match, we tried it with the first set but unfortunately it didn't work, hence, we had to ship it to our overseas stitching unit. If that wasn't the case, we would have shipped another set within 24-48 hours.

I have issued a full refund of your money, hopefully this will rectify some of the inconvenience that you had to go through.

Thanks!
IInnovations.
I’m updating the status of the custom seat skins as I said I would. I received the new skins today - 2 weeks after this last post. The thread color used in the stitching matches the sample I sent in (back in April) and the skins fit well. This set also had the cut outs for the recline lever in the headrest and power module on the sides which the first set did not. The only thing missing is the plastic piece along the front edge of the seat bottom that folds under and snaps into the rail underneath to keep the seat bottom snug on the front edge. The seat bottoms are very secure so I don’t think that will be a problem but I’ll update if it is.

The quality of the leather & stitching is top notch. The only other issue is that II said both in email & here that they issued me a refund, however, I have not received a refund to date.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:20 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Read all of this and sounds like a pretty close to 100% solution after a lot of time. I thought it was a partial refund, and the little piece of plastic under the front are the the two things missing right now. Otherwise, to this member's eyes, it looks pretty good.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:34 AM
slammin86
Burning Brakes

Received 392 Likes on 205 Posts

Put some heat on those things to tighten the leather up.
Old 06-15-2018, 03:35 PM
0IInnovations
Former Vendor

Jeff,

We have issued a full refund, not even a partial, but full refund! Please check your PayPal or Credit Card account again. Thanks.
IInnovations.

Get notified of new replies

To [NEW] 2012 - 2013 C6 Corvette Black Leather Seat Covers

Old 06-15-2018, 03:56 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Originally Posted by IInnovations
Jeff,

We have issued a full refund, not even a partial, but full refund! Please check your PayPal or Credit Card account again. Thanks.
IInnovations.
Thank you for the reply, however, I've checked both accounts and as of today I have not received a refund.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:50 PM
PCMusicGuy
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 222 Posts

You list red/torch red in your options. Do you have cobalt red?
Old 06-15-2018, 08:06 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Thank you for the reply, however, I've checked both accounts and as of today I have not received a refund.

Quick Reply: [NEW] 2012 - 2013 C6 Corvette Black Leather Seat Covers