C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[NEW] 2012 - 2013 C6 Corvette Black Leather Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 08:57 AM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,806 Likes on 4,237 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
I emailed Interior Innovations on 6/13 at 8:55 am letting them know I received the new skins, that the stitching color was correct & that they fit well. I also asked for an update on the refund that they stated they issued on 5/30 because I had not received it.

Instead of replying to my email, they posted here in this thread on 6/15 that they had issued “not a partial, but a full refund” so I should check my accounts again.

There’s been no refund received nor reply to my email with any confirmation of a refund processed.
Old 06-19-2018, 11:24 AM
Lee Cromwell
Pro

Received 211 Likes on 148 Posts

Don't shoot me for asking....and I've been following and can understand your frustrations..took awhile with the custom color match etc.. I get it... But they did finally make it right correct?
I could see a partial credit but a full refund? So after all both you and the company has gone thru your getting...or wanting custom color seat skins for free? I'm just courious...
correct me if I'm wrong or missing something

​​
Old 06-19-2018, 11:48 AM
JABCAT
Race Director

Originally Posted by Lee Cromwell
Don't shoot me for asking....and I've been following and can understand your frustrations..took awhile with the custom color match etc.. I get it... But they did finally make it right correct?
I could see a partial credit but a full refund? So after all both you and the company has gone thru your getting...or wanting custom color seat skins for free? I'm just courious...

​​
The short version is I sent them my OEM seat covers to use as a template to make the '12-'13 covers. I was told 3-4 weeks (no big deal), but it took 9 weeks to receive the the first set that did not fit & had the wrong color stitching. In the meantime, because I was out my OEM skins I had to purchase a new set of OEM - which I did from a forum member. So I was out my OEM skins ($1,400 from a dealer), the amount I had paid II for the custom skins & out an additional $412 for new OEM skins so I could put my seats back in my car & actually drive it after it sitting for over 2 months. I suggested what I thought was fair compensation to II in an email, and they responded back that they had issued me a full refund. They also posted here on 5/30 & 6/15 that they issued me a full refund. My update here is that I have yet to receive the refund they promised.

I did just receive an email from II saying the refund had not gone through, so they re-issued it. If/when I receive it I will update that the matter has been closed.

Last edited by JABCAT; 06-19-2018 at 11:49 AM.
Old 06-19-2018, 12:35 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

​​
In addition to what JABCAT stated, they wouldn't even be offering the 12-13 seats if he didn't donate his covers. I inquired as well but giving up my covers for only a 25% discount wasn't worth it to me. Something like this should have been a free return deal anyhow, or maybe material cost. Which is standard for R&D trades in the auto industry. Anyone who orders these covers owes JABCAT a bit of gratitude, as does Interior Innovations.
Old 06-19-2018, 06:21 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Originally Posted by IInnovations
Please see the screen shot of Refund of $440 that has been issued successfully.

Thanks.
IInnovations
Thank you for the update. A screen shot to my email would've been sufficient. Can you please edit your post to remove my personal information.
Old 06-19-2018, 11:18 PM
Lee Cromwell
Pro

Received 211 Likes on 148 Posts

I can see that, think it would have been best to have offered to use the OP's skins as a template for free replacement covers to start with... Then the complications would have been expected... But these deals should have been from the start.. my thoughts..
Old 06-20-2018, 11:08 AM
0IInnovations
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry but I have to since you posted several times on the forum and actively updating the status....

Thanks.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:43 PM
jdvann
Melting Slicks

Received 451 Likes on 253 Posts

More of a review, i did take pictures during the install more for just myself Incase I needed to look back on something but i do have lots of tips that worked for me and will be glad to share . I think it's only fair to share, I've gotten so much good info here, if I can help one person it's my duty! My interior shop that does fantastic work in the past for me wanted $1000 bucks to do the work...wtf!! After I heard that I figured it won't hurt to attempt the swap, won't say it was easy but only took 3 hours total that's pulling the seat, covers swapped and reinstalled. Then the next seat was only 2 hrs . There's one or two gottcha's that you have to look out for. Really really great improvement!
Did you ever post a write up or pics of your finished seats? Ready to order but want to see as many pics and install details first if you don't mind?
Old 10-20-2021, 09:53 AM
keithbennett
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Under heading of you don't know unless you ask: Any chance of getting (Velocity) Yellow stitching - if so how much more? How long for delivery. Thanks
Old 10-20-2021, 12:18 PM
0Ridies
Former Vendor

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

Yes we can do velocity yellow stitching. Price remains same.
Once you put the item in the cart, it will show you few shopping options.

Last edited by Ridies; 10-20-2021 at 12:19 PM.

Quick Reply: [NEW] 2012 - 2013 C6 Corvette Black Leather Seat Covers