C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do C6's Have Hyper flashing Issues with LEDs?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 08:58 AM
2008 Corvette
Melting Slicks

Received 766 Likes on 538 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
Default LED's

Originally Posted by sboblett
I changed to LEDs on the turn signals and yes there is hyperflash but not bad enough for me to install additional resistors hanging in the wiring. It is a faster flash but still very noticeable to other drivers and does not bother me. My big issue is the DRL's which I wanted to be white not amber but this is not the case. The vendor told me it would but that is not correct. Oh well, you cannot have everything.
You can have it correct with the Radio Flyer front DRL harness.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:43 AM
gpruitt54
Burning Brakes

Received 181 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by sboblett
I changed to LEDs on the turn signals and yes there is hyperflash but not bad enough for me to install additional resistors hanging in the wiring. It is a faster flash but still very noticeable to other drivers and does not bother me. My big issue is the DRL's which I wanted to be white not amber but this is not the case. The vendor told me it would but that is not correct. Oh well, you cannot have everything.
Yes, over the weekend, I added LED bulbs in my tail lights. You are right, the flashing is not at all bad. Only slightly faster than standard bulbs. Hyper flashing was much faster on my C5. I think I am going to permanently install 3057LL LEDs in the tail lights and call it a day. At least until I decide to install LED housings. But, that is way down the road for me.

Last edited by gpruitt54; 05-31-2018 at 09:18 AM.

Quick Reply: Do C6's Have Hyper flashing Issues with LEDs?