wireless cams to aftermarket Nav unit? - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wireless cams to aftermarket Nav unit?

Old 05-16-2018, 02:22 AM   #1  
Canuckster

Default wireless cams to aftermarket Nav unit?

I want to install wireless cameras, front and back, to a Pioneer or Kenwood head unit w/nav that has 2 camera inputs.
I asked Crutchfield and they said: "There are no wireless cameras out there yet that will hook up with a receiver, only to your phone or a separate display"
Can this be right?
I was also hoping to use the smallest wired cameras and convert them to wireless with the inexpensive converters I see online.
Thanks to you experts out there. Michael
Canuckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 09:47 AM   #2  
2kredsilverado

I have a pioneer head unit on my car and I installed a backup camera along with one of those wireless transmitters from amazon that are like 8 bucks. It works fine and I didn't have to worry about running wires all thru the car.

They are correct in that there are no wireless cameras that will hook up to a receiver as far as I know but you CAN use a wireless video transmitter and make any camera wireless.
2kredsilverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:33 AM   #3  
Canuckster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kredsilverado View Post
I have a pioneer head unit on my car and I installed a backup camera along with one of those wireless transmitters from amazon that are like 8 bucks. It works fine and I didn't have to worry about running wires all thru the car.

They are correct in that there are no wireless cameras that will hook up to a receiver as far as I know but you CAN use a wireless video transmitter and make any camera wireless.
So just to be clear: I can use the wireless transmitters to connect a wired camera to the back up camera input on the Pioneer HU?

Thanks!
Canuckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 12:25 PM   #4  
ByRiver
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckster View Post
So just to be clear: I can use the wireless transmitters to connect a wired camera to the back up camera input on the Pioneer HU?

Thanks!

This is what you need:
Amazon Amazon

You need the wireless transmitter to connect and power the camera, and the wireless receiver that will plug into your HU.
ByRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 12:32 PM   #5  
3rdlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kredsilverado View Post

Great idea, thank you for this. I am about to do the same on mine but I am hoping to have wireless front and back cameras. Does your wireless unit have an A-B switch so they do not cross talk, or would two of these be on the same frequency? Which one did you buy? Thanks
3rdlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • wireless cams to aftermarket Nav unit?
  •