C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Side airbags plus seat swaps?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 10:55 AM
6SpeedTA95
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Side airbags plus seat swaps?

I believe the side airbags came on 3LT and 4LT cars and many of the Z06 cars 2LZ and 3LZ?

What kind of issues does this create when swapping seats? I believe the bolsters on the seats have the airbags? I would think that it would throw a code constantly? Or there any other ill effects other than dealing with the light when you've swapped to a more supportive seat?

I'm looking at seat options for C6GS and Z06.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:24 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

I can't tell for certain what you are asking. Do you currently have side airbags? If you don't know, just look at the left side panel of the driver's seat back. If you have airbags, it will be embossed with the word "airbag". If you don't see the word, you don't have side airbags.

If you don't have original side bags, it will not matter what seat you put in. If you have original side bags, surely you would want to replace with same, correct?

Sorry I could not be of more help.
Old 05-18-2018, 01:40 AM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,060 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by 6SpeedTA95
I believe the side airbags came on 3LT and 4LT cars and many of the Z06 cars 2LZ and 3LZ?

What kind of issues does this create when swapping seats? I believe the bolsters on the seats have the airbags? I would think that it would throw a code constantly? Or there any other ill effects other than dealing with the light when you've swapped to a more supportive seat?

I'm looking at seat options for C6GS and Z06.
2LT cars also had side airbags and my C6 seats are very supportive for me. Of course, it's all about how your body fits the mold that the seats were designed to fit. Obviously we all aren't built the same, but the seats were.
Old 05-18-2018, 05:31 AM
Suns_PSD
Le Mans Master

Received 408 Likes on 301 Posts

They sell resistor kits that you plug in to the wiring harness when you swap seats that gets rid of the airbag light.

The only other effect I'm aware of is your skull hitting that door edge and glass at 35 mph if you slide off the road or someone sideswipes you. No thanks.

Hoxxoh, didn't you say that you ditched the OEM power sliders cause they are really heavy? If so, how did you do it?

Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Side airbags plus seat swaps?

Quick Reply: Side airbags plus seat swaps?