C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake lights coming on and traction control fixed

Old 05-24-2018, 09:10 AM
rclenhardt
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brake lights coming on and traction control fixed

I just wanted others to know that if you have a brake light that is coming on and staying on even when you don't push on the brake pedal and an occasional traction control error that the fix may be simply a new battery. I had the brake pedal sensor replaced, had the battery checked and still got the errors. I, on a hunch, decided to change the battery. Low and behold the new battery was the fix. For some reason the battery in the vehicle was incorrect for the car and the negative post apparently was not put on correctly. Ever since the change I have had no issues with either error and the cruise control also has not been going on and off. Just thought I would share my experience. My car is the 2008 C6 Convertible.
The following users liked this post:
Landru (05-24-2018)
Old 05-24-2018, 10:04 AM
Dutch08
Drifting

Received 387 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by rclenhardt
I just wanted others to know that if you have a brake light that is coming on and staying on even when you don't push on the brake pedal and an occasional traction control error that the fix may be simply a new battery. I had the brake pedal sensor replaced, had the battery checked and still got the errors. I, on a hunch, decided to change the battery. Low and behold the new battery was the fix. For some reason the battery in the vehicle was incorrect for the car and the negative post apparently was not put on correctly. Ever since the change I have had no issues with either error and the cruise control also has not been going on and off. Just thought I would share my experience. My car is the 2008 C6 Convertible.
Excellent first post!! Thank you for contributing to the community!
rclenhardt (05-25-2018)
Old 05-24-2018, 10:55 AM
doomi
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

Great info. If by chance the issues come back you may need to do a brake pedal sensor relearn with a Tech II. I had similar symptoms and ended up needing a relearn, but if the sensor was replaced they should have already done it.
rclenhardt (05-25-2018)
Old 05-24-2018, 07:14 PM
Knob Jockey
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 208 Likes on 172 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Welcome to the Forum.

If you have further issues with your brake lights, a common source of trouble is the large connector in the rear bumper.

Remove one or both tail lights on the passenger side then reach in to access the connector. Take it apart, clean it and re-connect it with some dielectric grease on the contacts.

rclenhardt (05-25-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Brake lights coming on and traction control fixed

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brake lights coming on and traction control fixed