C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn Signal Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 06:08 PM
browns8776
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn Signal Trouble

My turn signal is flashing fast. I've determined the passenger front is out. Replaced the bulb and still nothing. Any other suggestions?
Old 05-24-2018, 02:52 PM
c1j1c2
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

I'm assuming that you don't have LED's in all your turn signals. If that is the case, you must have another bulb out someplace. JMO
Old 05-24-2018, 04:45 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,018 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Originally Posted by browns8776
My turn signal is flashing fast. I've determined the passenger front is out. Replaced the bulb and still nothing. Any other suggestions?
Is the new bulb lighting up with the turn signals on that side?

If no, then you need to clean the bulb socket and tweak the small prong side tabs more inwards towards the center of the slot so they make contact with the bulb tombstone wires.

It just take a small pick type tool to you can get under the top L protector, so you can get under it to lightly bend the lower tabs more inwards.

The small tabs are on the right side of the slot in the middle photo,

Also, before you put the bulb in, use a lot of dielectric grease in the entire socket. The grease will help to absorb some of the bulb heat, to prevent the tabs from bending back out again.

If all the turn signal bulbs are lighting up for each side of the car, then you have LED bulbs in play some where; without the needed resistors to prevent the bulbs from hyper flashing. Hence the hyper flashing tells you when you have a standard bulb out, and with the LEDs since they have less resistance then the standard bulbs, you have to install a resistors to get the resistance through the turn signal circuit side back up to that of all the standard bulbs in play instead (12v 60w, 6ohms per side).

Last edited by Dano523; 05-24-2018 at 04:50 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Landru (05-25-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Turn Signal Trouble

Quick Reply: Turn Signal Trouble