C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM Parts Source

Old 05-25-2018, 08:52 AM
CBRDude
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default OEM Parts Source

I've visited the Marketplace and there are several OEM parts guys listed. Which one is the best at sourcing OEM parts from?

My local Chevy shop is a PITA. They aren't interested in price matching at all, just raping the hell out of my wallet. They sell everything over MSRP. I mean everything.

I've reached out to one of the vendors on an item but they won't give me the part number. I'm guessing they want me real bad as a customer? I don't think the price he's quoting is discounted as it's not in line with what others are charging. Then there comes the S&H and it's over the top.

I get it that everyone wants to make a buck, but fleecing is a whole different ball game.
Old 05-25-2018, 09:12 AM
GrandSportRob
Safety Car

Received 289 Likes on 160 Posts

I’ve used Gene a few times at “Cultrag Performance”... good prices. I’ve also used www.gmpartsdirect.com They will give you a part number when you send your VIN in an email.
Old 05-25-2018, 05:19 PM
CBRDude
Advanced

Originally Posted by GrandSportRob
I’ve used Gene a few times at “Cultrag Performance”... good prices. I’ve also used www.gmpartsdirect.com They will give you a part number when you send your VIN in an email.

Gene was a bust! Wouldn't provide the part number and only 10% Off? I'll try Flow.
Old 05-25-2018, 06:38 PM
88redconvert
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by CBRDude
I've visited the Marketplace and there are several OEM parts guys listed. Which one is the best at sourcing OEM parts from?

My local Chevy shop is a PITA. They aren't interested in price matching at all, just raping the hell out of my wallet. They sell everything over MSRP. I mean everything.

I've reached out to one of the vendors on an item but they won't give me the part number. I'm guessing they want me real bad as a customer? I don't think the price he's quoting is discounted as it's not in line with what others are charging. Then there comes the S&H and it's over the top.

I get it that everyone wants to make a buck, but fleecing is a whole different ball game.
Have you looked at Rockauto?
Old 05-25-2018, 06:42 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Originally Posted by 88redconvert
Have you looked at Rockauto?
they don't have every part, but many. The prices are very good. Amazon is also an option.
OEM Part # can be found on many GM part sites, such as GMPartsdirect, GMPartsdepot, etc.
Select your vehicle, year, and category (body, steering, etc. and all parts with the part numbers come up.
If you can't find the paet , e-mail them for a part request and they can help you.

Here is the body section of GMpartsDepot.ca
Remember you are after part #'s so you can order from the place with the best prices, so use this as a guide for part #'s (those in red)

Last edited by 4SUMERZ; 05-25-2018 at 06:58 PM.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:14 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,066 Likes on 2,073 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Trunk Monkey Parts ...

Nice people and good discounts on GM parts. Free shipping on all orders of $75 or more (unless it's an 'oversize' part).

Phone: 888-260-6168

Last edited by Turbo6TA; 05-25-2018 at 07:27 PM.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:16 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,609 Likes on 2,341 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Gene was a bust! Wouldn't provide the part number and only 10% Off? I'll try Flow.
Wow, that surprises me. Gene and Patrick have always bent over backwards to make sure I got the right part. Sorry for you experience.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:47 PM
CBRDude
Advanced

I was looking at the outer seat cover for my 12 GS drivers side. The head rest has the C6 logo. I can’t get anyone to confirm if this was an option. As all the pics I’ve looked at some have the logo others don’t. So I’m thinking it was part of a package? Can any GS owner verify that?

When end I use my VIN it pulls up the same part number as a GS without the logo. So either the seats were switched out or the online parts are not that drilled down.

So I need the OEM part. I’ve already gone the route of a auto seat ulpolster. Too much money wanted.

My my local guy charges over and above MSRP. Not will discount. The problem lies people here have too much disposable income and they know it and the prices reflect that.

The other issue is the parts jockey behind most counters are not that versed and want to move on to another customer that could be a sale.

The one OEM guy quoted here is also the highest on prices. He offered me 10% off. That’s no bargain. And won’t give me the part number either. I’ve asked twice to make sure the seat has the logo. Ya ya I got that! Sounds real confident to me, not!

Old 05-25-2018, 07:58 PM
farmington
Safety Car

Received 1,119 Likes on 798 Posts

I've bought some parts from tascaparts. Not the quickest, but had the best price every time

Tascaparts.com

Last edited by farmington; 05-25-2018 at 08:01 PM.
Old 05-25-2018, 09:23 PM
jay c smith
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default seat cover

I've been in various automotive dealer parts departments for 46 years before I retired. I worked for Ford, Gm, Chrysler and Mercedes.When I
was with Ford, I had a great person working for Chevrolet parts department. He helped me out whenever I needed all the parts for my
Corvette, If you want me to, I will try to find out the info you need.
I haven t been in contact with him since I retired.If he is still there, i
could get , price, availability. Jay
Old 05-25-2018, 09:37 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

I was looking at the outer seat cover for my 12 GS drivers side. The head rest has the C6 logo. I can’t get anyone to confirm if this was an option. As all the pics I’ve looked at some have the logo others don’t. So I’m thinking it was part of a package? Can any GS owner verify that?

When end I use my VIN it pulls up the same part number as a GS without the logo. So either the seats were switched out or the online parts are not that drilled down.

So I need the OEM part. I’ve already gone the route of a auto seat ulpolster. Too much money wanted.

My my local guy charges over and above MSRP. Not will discount. The problem lies people here have too much disposable income and they know it and the prices reflect that.

The other issue is the parts jockey behind most counters are not that versed and want to move on to another customer that could be a sale.

The one OEM guy quoted here is also the highest on prices. He offered me 10% off. That’s no bargain. And won’t give me the part number either. I’ve asked twice to make sure the seat has the logo. Ya ya I got that! Sounds real confident to me, not!

In 2010, 2011, 2012 the Cross Flag Embroidered Headrest was option code OB1 That info is from the Corvette Black Book. I don't have the 2013 info, but it's likely the same code.
Old 05-25-2018, 09:44 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,238 Likes on 909 Posts

The best that I have found is GM Parts Direct. They are cheaper than other online suppliers even when other sites indicate "On Sale".
Old 05-25-2018, 10:14 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,763 Likes on 4,217 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

I use chevynationparts.net. My B92 Carbon hood was over $300 cheaper than any of the other online parts retailers. I also purchased new seat foam & it was the cheapest.
The following users liked this post:
cmonkey713 (05-26-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 10:19 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,763 Likes on 4,217 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

You may just have to pull the cover and check the part number on the tag inside. The outer cover is very easy to remove.
Old 05-27-2018, 03:29 PM
Gene Culley
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 139 Posts

Scott,

I was prompt and professional. I am up front with people. I don't give out part numbers. Instead of getting into a pissing match I just didn't mention it. So then you slam me on here.

I mentioned to you that I looked the item up according to your VIN... so yes, I felt that automatically answered your question and I apologize.

I am not the least expensive, no. But I'll take responsibility for making sure the part is right.

Least expensive isn't always better. Been through many of those other vendors here on the forum and they are gone. I have been here since 1999 and I'm not going anywhere.

We have a price matching policy that will match the total price shipped of any GM vendor. So this should take care of any pricing concerns for or from anyone.

Gene.

Shop Our Factory GM Parts Website

Last edited by Gene Culley; 05-27-2018 at 03:31 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Racer1735 (05-27-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To OEM Parts Source

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OEM Parts Source