C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keeping it Stock...

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 02:37 PM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by vettefool
I don't think I ever kept a late model corvette completely stock. My friend and I play a game while walking through Carlisle, we try to find completely stock appearing C-5 or C-6's in the fairgrounds. needless to say, they are few and far between.
Isn't Carlisle one of the biggest Vette shows ?? And you are suggesting that there are hardly any "Stock" Corvettes on the grounds? Sorry for being so skeptical....but that sounds EXTREMELY hard to believe......
Old 05-30-2018, 03:15 PM
919cw313
Le Mans Master

Received 2,682 Likes on 1,408 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by mtarr07
I hope you never change your tires. You'll ruin the entire car!
And if you do, make sure to replace them with those awesome OE Goodyears. You know, cuz the engineers decided those were the best.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:18 PM
Garry in AZ
Pro

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts

Interesting... I just started reading this thread and realized I have never kept a vehicle stock in my entire life. I have never found a car or truck that I thought couldn't be made to suit me better. I've owned about 40 cars over the years, including some German and Japanese stuff but none were ever kept stock. I never realized this before... I guess I just can't leave well enough alone! LOL

Garry
Old 05-31-2018, 10:46 AM
windyC6
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Garry in AZ
Interesting... I just started reading this thread and realized I have never kept a vehicle stock in my entire life. I have never found a car or truck that I thought couldn't be made to suit me better. I've owned about 40 cars over the years, including some German and Japanese stuff but none were ever kept stock. I never realized this before... I guess I just can't leave well enough alone! LOL

Garry
Yea.....the term "Stock" kinda gets abused in all aspects of the auto world. Some say it's stock as long as you don't mess with the drive train....some say it's still stock if you only change the wheels....etc...etc. Then there are some that say it's not stock anymore if you change the lug nuts.....
Old 05-31-2018, 01:10 PM
vettefool
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by windyC6
Isn't Carlisle one of the biggest Vette shows ?? And you are suggesting that there are hardly any "Stock" Corvettes on the grounds? Sorry for being so skeptical....but that sounds EXTREMELY hard to believe......
I don’t care if you believe it or not, suggest you might want to attend Carlisle and see for yourself.completely stock appearing c5and to lesser extent c6 are the exception.
Old 05-31-2018, 03:58 PM
itomh
Pro

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

Old 06-03-2018, 09:37 PM
ByRiver
Safety Car

Received 613 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic6
OP, I'm another 'stock' guy even though I did get a dealer installed shaker hood on my GT/CS. You know what is tough to find stock? An '01 Trans Am. Mine is still stock right down to the 16" chrome rims. I've enjoyed it "as it came from the showroom", buying it new so many years ago. Just about at 60k miles now. My C6 will also stay stock as long as I own it.

I bought an '81 Turbo Trans Am in '85. The only mod it had was the radio when I bought it. I never changed anything on it after I bought it. Other then the T/A, I've always changed things on all my cars, except my '12 GS. It's perfect exactly the way it is. I will never mod it.
Old 06-04-2018, 01:37 PM
MTsVette
Drifting

Location: O'Fallon Illinois - Currently own a 2016 Z06 1LZ A8 Coupe
Received 95 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Karl H
How could you keep the stock radio
I personally like and have no problem with my 9 speaker stock Bose system w/Nav. But, if others want a better system, go for it...

BTW: My 12GS is not completely stock either. I have a ZR1 front chin splitter, computer tune, NRF tires, a Corvette flag emblem on the air bridge, leather door handle grabs, and LED map and license lights. And finally, I have two sets of fuel rail covers, one is painted gloss white with red letters!!! Oh, and it's lowered...

Out...

MT//

Last edited by MTsVette; 06-04-2018 at 01:42 PM.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:19 PM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Love my GS but would like to add a supercharger someday for another 100+ HP.......maybe
Old 06-04-2018, 02:55 PM
windyC6
Safety Car

Originally Posted by MTsVette
I personally like and have no problem with my 9 speaker stock Bose system w/Nav. But, if others want a better system, go for it...

BTW: My 12GS is not completely stock either. I have a ZR1 front chin splitter, computer tune, NRF tires, a Corvette flag emblem on the air bridge, leather door handle grabs, and LED map and license lights. And finally, I have two sets of fuel rail covers, one is painted gloss white with red letters!!! Oh, and it's lowered...

Out...

MT//
How does your auto volume control work? Not sure if my stock unit is the same as yours, but my auto volume is a POS. Doesn't work a flip. Now mines a vert, but don't know if that calls for a different control or not. This Bose unit is supposed to sense the surrounding noise and adjust volume accordingly....S@#T !!!....it does nothing. I wish it had the simple auto volume that is tied into the speedo.
Old 06-04-2018, 05:36 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

Received 1,596 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Originally Posted by Jughead
Love my GS but would like to add a supercharger someday for another 100+ HP.......maybe
Everybody needs another 100 HP.
Old 06-04-2018, 05:39 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

Received 1,596 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Originally Posted by windyC6
How does your auto volume control work? Not sure if my stock unit is the same as yours, but my auto volume is a POS. Doesn't work a flip. Now mines a vert, but don't know if that calls for a different control or not. This Bose unit is supposed to sense the surrounding noise and adjust volume accordingly....S@#T !!!....it does nothing. I wish it had the simple auto volume that is tied into the speedo.
You are not alone, the AVC in my coupe is worthless as well. I think the placement of the mic for the AVC (in the driver side trim panel under the wheel) has a lot to do with the poor performance. At least the radio has a good old fashioned **** to control the volume.

Quick Reply: Keeping it Stock...