C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to me 2010 Grand Sport. Finally joined the club.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 05:48 PM
gunnersfan10
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bibbster
You may have already noticed this in the FS section, but just in case...

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...mw-switch.html
Saw that....ended up ordering some SLP Loudmouth 2's. I had them on a Mustang a few years back and loved it. It's obnoxiously loud to some, but I'd argue that's the way the car should sound.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:51 PM
gunnersfan10
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gn85
First, congratulations on your GS. I was so shocked to see this post.

This is my first post on the forum. I haven't gotten around to announcing the purchase of our GS, two weeks ago. In our search, this very car was our second choice if the deal on our car had fallen thru. I'm glad such a nice car found it's way to a good home.

My wife and I did the same thing.. flying to North Carolina and driving back to Maryland.

Again.. congrats. Enjoy.
I'm glad I jumped on this one when I did. Supposedly 3 people tried to buy it during the week between when I put a deposit on it and when I could fly in to get it. Congrats on your purchase as well, hopefully you enjoy your GS as much as I am mine, and I'll be selfish and say I'm glad you left this red one for me!
Old 06-12-2018, 05:55 PM
rjwittmann92
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats! I just got my 2010 Grand Sport 3lt less than 2 weeks ago. Mine also did not have NPP, ended up getting B&B bullets that I installed last weekend. They'll probably get swapped for something a tad quieter when I do headers/x pipe.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:56 PM
gunnersfan10
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rjwittmann92
Congrats! I just got my 2010 Grand Sport 3lt less than 2 weeks ago. Mine also did not have NPP, ended up getting B&B bullets that I installed last weekend. They'll probably get swapped for something a tad quieter when I do headers/x pipe.
Awesome congrats to you as well. I'm in the same mindset I think the bullets and SLP set up are pretty similar judging by pictures. They will be fine while I have stock manifolds and cats but if I do headers and X-pipe I will want something quieter to match. I'm probably a ways away from that point so I think the SLP's will work just fine for now.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:01 PM
Birddog51
Pro

Received 200 Likes on 118 Posts

Congratulations on a great choice. There’s nothing like the look and handling of a widebody.
Old 06-13-2018, 02:55 PM
TKOGTO
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by gunnersfan10
Aren't those Pfadt bars in the "Jonny O'connell" packages?
Yes, that's them. A good solution for your intended use.

I was sold on not only making it perform better but making it easier to drive as well. By significantly increasing the front roll stiffness these help make the car more balanced/neutral. Has worked quite well for me.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:22 PM
Walter S
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Awesome!!

This will be my fifth summer with my GS. The best advice I can give you is to drive it like you stole it. These cars love to be run and don't be afraid to wring it out, they are built for it. The only expense I ran into was tires. I didn't change the factory alignment setup until after I burned through a set of front tires in 10K miles. I used the Pfadt street alignment specs after I changed them again and tire wear went away.
Those specs are available on this site just do a search.

Congrats and Good Luck

Last edited by Walter S; 06-13-2018 at 03:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
gunnersfan10 (06-13-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 06:18 PM
gunnersfan10
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TKOGTO
Yes, that's them. A good solution for your intended use.

I was sold on not only making it perform better but making it easier to drive as well. By significantly increasing the front roll stiffness these help make the car more balanced/neutral. Has worked quite well for me.
That's good to know it makes a decent difference without ruining the car. I'll probably end up going that same route as you did.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:35 PM
tboy58
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Congratulations on your GS. I just bought one today sight unseen. Having it shipped to me next week. It is a 2013 GS 3 LT Crystal Red, one owner, 10k miles.
Last C6 I had was a new 07, had to sell it to send my daughter to college. It has taken 11 years to get back in another corvette- better late than never!
Old 06-14-2018, 10:39 PM
hogfanandy
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Congrats from a fellow West TN'er! You're test drive home was proof enough of how fun these cars are to drive I'm sure.

Congrats from another W. Tennessee/N. Mississippi owner. I was beginning to think I was the only Memphis area person that frequented these forums. Hope you enjoy your new car. I'm loving my Grand Sport.
Old 06-15-2018, 06:19 AM
ontime
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 85 Posts

congrats on the GS let the mods begin. I hope it brings you many miles of enjoyment.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:20 AM
bibbster
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by hogfanandy
Congrats from another W. Tennessee/N. Mississippi owner. I was beginning to think I was the only Memphis area person that frequented these forums. Hope you enjoy your new car. I'm loving my Grand Sport.
Maybe we need to have a meet and greet...in the fall. It's getting too stinking hot already. lol
Old 06-15-2018, 09:15 AM
Ducati58
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Good luck with the gs

love the color.im on my second gs .went from a 2012 velocity yellow 3lt manual ragtop gs to a 2013 arctic white 3lt manual trans ragtop .bought the 2013 in January in Indiana, and drove it back to Massachusetts. It had 950 miles on it when I bought it. I just put the Lipo PR Indiana, and drove it back to Massachusetts. It had 950 miles on it when I bought it. I just put Billy Boat PRT cat backs on it because it was a non npp exhaust. They sound great. Very similar to my 2012 that had npp exhaust , When the NPP valves were run open. Again good luck with your new grand sport. You will love it Mike
Old 06-15-2018, 09:19 AM
Ducati58
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Sorry for the typos on the last conversation thanks Mike

This is my first couple times on this forum.
Old 06-15-2018, 09:37 AM
hogfanandy
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Maybe we need to have a meet and greet...in the fall. It's getting too stinking hot already. lol

I'd love to do that one Saturday morning or evening sometime in the future. Would love to get to know some local people to share advice on cars, local shops that do good work, etc.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:36 AM
bibbster
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by hogfanandy
I'd love to do that one Saturday morning or evening sometime in the future. Would love to get to know some local people to share advice on cars, local shops that do good work, etc.
Agreed! I'll start a new post today and see what we can put together.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:55 PM
gunnersfan10
Intermediate

Agreed! I'll start a new post today and see what we can put together.
Loop me in I'd love to meet up and talk cars!

Quick Reply: New to me 2010 Grand Sport. Finally joined the club.