Those with an 05... - Page 2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices

Those with an 05...

Old 06-15-2018, 12:07 AM
slowtraffickeepright
CF Senior Member

I've owned an 05 auto coupe and an 05 manual vert. Drove both to about 100k trouble free miles. 05's have the known quirks which I don't consider deal breakers considering cost. I would expect you to easily drive another 50 to 100k trouble free miles and still get reasonable money for it. They're good solid cars albeit the new style electronics.
Old 06-15-2018, 01:14 PM
CJKC6

I think it's a decent deal - especially this time of year. I've had my 05 6 speed for a little over 1.5 years -- bought for 21,500 with 53K. Base with most of the options except Z51. I personally like the 05' since it's the only year with it's own steering wheel (small thing I know). Since having it, last summer I had the Cam Pos Sensor and MAF sensor go bad. I just put new Michelin run flats and ceramic brakes on (the old ones squealed). Remember that it's a 13 yr old car and that will need to be maintained. I love it and have no regrets. Also, keep in mind that if it has the translucent top, it will get HOT! Especially black on black. My tan interior gets very warm as is.