C6 Vendor for Sale Exclusive forum for vendors to list C6 products, services and promotions.

C6 Full Bi LED Morimoto C7 Style Replacement Headlights from Umnitza WITH photos and

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 02:47 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 327 Likes on 261 Posts

We have both Gen 1 and Gen 2 available. Please contact us for details and best pricing!
Old 12-04-2018, 08:25 AM
Roadhog1956
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by info@umnitza.com
We have both Gen 1 and Gen 2 available. Please contact us for details and best pricing!
do the harness you currently have in stock works for the Gen 1 lights with no problems?
Old 12-04-2018, 12:10 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

The harness is not something we're willing to send out.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1598437285

The reality is we can send you the Gen 1 lights and with relatively few exceptions it's been working great - the few exceptions being what the harness is supposed to fix but really didn't on the first go around.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:46 AM
pql-lbc
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

We spent the last 3 days shipping out headlights, sorry we haven't been on this post as much as we should have been.
Everyone that needed immediate answers wound up calling us or PM'ing so there was simply no time to answer this thread unfortunately til now.
Every single outstanding order for headlights has been shipped with the exception of 2-3 still waiting for the tails to come in. Those we're planning on getting at the same time as the harnesses (to keep the logistics more simple).
Those of you who got tracking numbers, 99% of them should be in your hands by tomorrow-Saturday.

As for the harnesses, they come from the original MFG. Todd - he's the tester for all the parts will likely be here first (he's the first to have ordered the new harness when it was offered) and we'll update all of you based on the install if this harness does what it's claimed to do.

If you do need any other question particular to your order answered, don't hesitate to email us directly, info@umnitza.com

--
We have a few of the Gen 1 lights still in stock, not many I think, so if you are interested in those, let us know.
Once that stock is gone, Gen 2 is the only light that will be available.
--
Red tails, there is going to be an update by mid next week, maybe sooner.
The saga continues in my particular case...Shipping was done via USPS and true to USPS form, they have missed the expected delivery date, and the tracking information on the USPS website is of zero help in trying to find out where the package is. Don't even think about calling your local post office to talk to a real live postal employee.

This has been a complete Sh-t Show from beginning to end.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:01 PM
MrDoll05C6
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Received mine and did the install myself. I was not ready for how good these things look!!!
Old 12-05-2018, 12:23 PM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,166 Likes on 1,253 Posts

First thing first: lights were installed and they look great! (will share pictures by end of week). At the moment I do have an unpleasant "bumper gap" but trust will find a solution for that.

Two questions:

1. Had installer put them on (I am stretched at the moment) and he says he wired the lot so everything works. I was able to ascertain that the orange turning signals work (sequentially) the high and low bean function as expected and the white L DRL stays on all the time. I am not experiencing changes in DRL intensity during turning, high to low and low to high.

So having GEN 1 lights..did my installer found the magic or are my DRLs stuck on 50%? I am confused...

2. Given the above and statements made about not shipping the harness. What about the harness orders put in place on the site?

Thanks!
Old 12-05-2018, 01:45 PM
Chris J
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by MrDoll05C6
Received mine and did the install myself. I was not ready for how good these things look!!!
Those do look great, how long did the install take you?
Old 12-05-2018, 01:59 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by pql-lbc
The saga continues in my particular case...Shipping was done via USPS and true to USPS form, they have missed the expected delivery date, and the tracking information on the USPS website is of zero help in trying to find out where the package is. Don't even think about calling your local post office to talk to a real live postal employee.

This has been a complete Sh-t Show from beginning to end.
We've been working on it for you. Please check your email.

Originally Posted by Telepierre
First thing first: lights were installed and they look great! (will share pictures by end of week). At the moment I do have an unpleasant "bumper gap" but trust will find a solution for that.
Two questions:
1. Had installer put them on (I am stretched at the moment) and he says he wired the lot so everything works. I was able to ascertain that the orange turning signals work (sequentially) the high and low bean function as expected and the white L DRL stays on all the time. I am not experiencing changes in DRL intensity during turning, high to low and low to high.

So having GEN 1 lights..did my installer found the magic or are my DRLs stuck on 50%? I am confused...

2. Given the above and statements made about not shipping the harness. What about the harness orders put in place on the site?

Thanks!
For #1, I can't say for certain - we asked the factory to confirm that our last shipment prior to fulfilling all our orders through TRS was in fact G1, and they confirmed that it was. But it could also be they aren't or weren't sure themselves. A video will help of course to determine along with how everything is wired into your fuse box.
it could help us determine how to avoid the harness if there is a magic fix your installer figured out.

yes, we've always been told by folks they look much better in person than on any of the photos - on or off the car.
More pics
Originally Posted by Chris J
Most installs that we do take 1 hr, we always tell customers to allocate 2x-3x that amount when doing it themselves as we have handy tools and experience.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:28 PM
MrDoll05C6
Advanced

Originally Posted by Chris J
Thanks. I could have done it in a couple of hours, but I had other things going on and was in no hurry. I still want to see if I can get the drivers side fender to hood gap better. Not a difficult job, just takes a bit of fiddling to get them positioned where you like.. I put the Vette up on my Quick Jack, so that made it easier to work on. I purchased the Radio Flyer wire harness, so it’s plug and play. No wires to a fuse block. The lights are exactly what I wanted and look amazing to me. The turn signals are blindingly bright, I really like that. I also purchased a set of clear lens for these headlight assemblies knowing they come lightly tinted. The tint is very light and looks really good. I couldn’t imagine the tint effecting light output. I cannot comment on the light performance in any way due to snow on the ground. Seeing them in my garage with lights on or off, they seem far brighter, and more crisp, but I’ll hold judgement until I can get them out on the road. Honestly they look so freaken good that I am less concerned with the actual performance. Sadly enough lol. The DRL function is crazy bright and looks amazing. I installed LamnX headlight and fog light film. I”ve done this on other vehicles and like the protection it gives. I went with clear, but there are colors and tint available. Takes a few days for them to cure? Set up or what ever.
So all in all, I am a satisfied customer. I knew going in it would take a long time to get them, the wait was well worth it. I cannot stop looking at them.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:33 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Thanks......So all in all, I am a satisfied customer. I knew going in it would take a long time to get them, the wait was well worth it. I cannot stop looking at them.
Thank you!
Old 12-05-2018, 03:03 PM
MrDoll05C6
Advanced

Thank you!
You are welcome.
Old 12-06-2018, 12:15 AM
vezePilot
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 68 Posts

wow ... it's a long thread to read it all.
So the price of the "C7 type lights" has now risen to the full $1,280?
man, they do look great ...
Old 12-06-2018, 01:43 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

@vezePilot you have PM
Old 12-09-2018, 12:40 AM
fattiremike
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

So, I ordered these on the 28th of August and was so pissed off that I was going to just sell them without opening the box. I did not think that the photos that were posted were all that amazing and that I would like the Morimotos over the originals. So, miraculously, a notice showed up that I had a big box at the post office. I went and got it. I knew what it was. I figured, F-it, I may as well see what they look like before I sell them. I opened the box and thought, "hmmm. those look pretty good". The car was already on the Quickjack, so off comes the front wheels, and you know the rest. To get the fit right, I had to go and purchase some body shims and use them to make the gap around the fender/bumper opening even and correct. In the end, they look fricken awesome in person. Totally updated the car. Now I have to do the tails and markers too. I don't understand what the big deal is about the whole wiring harness is. Run them on manual and all is good. If the "L"s are running on 50% or not I don't really care, they look good and I don't plan on running around with only the "L"s on after dark. The low-beam light output is weak. Way shittier than my updated HID's. But, I have LED fogs from VM lights that more than make up the difference. The light of the low beams has very low contrast and I think of it as "hollow". But, I flick on the LED fogs and all is good. The high beams are far superior to the stockers. The stock high beams pointed into the trees and were all good if I wanted to look at the power transformers on the electric poles. These are pointed correctly and are plenty bright. Was it worth the wait? Let me tell you this, I won't buy anything from Umnitza again. I was told that I had secured a pair of headlights that were already in port in August. Turns out that was bullshit. And it looks like others were fed the same bullshit as I was. I can deal with the truth, but when a vendor tells me that I am number fourteen or whatever out of twenty that are left on a shipment, then I expect to be fourteen out of twenty. Not wait four months for a boat to come out of Taiwan. Now, if they were upfront, I would have been good to go. Not to mention that they charged my account months before they even had the product in their possession. I sure hope that the folks at Umnitza appreciate the patience that numerous members of CF showed in this matter. We were charged almost a thousand bucks upfront with nothing to show for it and just hung out waiting. I wonder if they would have done the same......

Last edited by fattiremike; 12-09-2018 at 12:42 AM.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:38 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

@fattiremike you have PM.
Old 12-10-2018, 02:54 PM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,166 Likes on 1,253 Posts

Cyber Corvette
Old 12-10-2018, 08:19 PM
Timwidas
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I figure it's about time someone posted a pic of a cyber grey with these sexy lights...

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Full Bi LED Morimoto C7 Style Replacement Headlights from Umnitza WITH photos and

Old 12-11-2018, 12:46 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Timwidas

I figure it's about time someone posted a pic of a cyber grey with these sexy lights...
Thanks for you for your patience AND photo! Will look great with the tails soon!

Originally Posted by Telepierre

Cyber Corvette
\
Great photo, now for some day time driving around in the sun photos!!!
Old 12-12-2018, 09:05 AM
MrDoll05C6
Advanced

Thanks for you for your patience AND photo! Will look great with the tails soon!

\
Great photo, now for some day time driving around in the sun photos!!!
you have a PM
Old 12-12-2018, 11:44 AM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

replied to your PM, thanks!

Quick Reply: C6 Full Bi LED Morimoto C7 Style Replacement Headlights from Umnitza WITH photos and