C6 Vendor for Sale Exclusive forum for vendors to list C6 products, services and promotions.

C6 Full Bi LED Morimoto C7 Style Replacement Headlights from Umnitza WITH photos and

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 01:34 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 326 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by PDsVettes
Understand about the differentiation concerning Taiwan and China. Also, I'm around 30 or so on the list so I don't have my hopes set very high on getting these in time to install by July 20th.

I opted for the the free clear film protection. Are you going to apply this film prior to shipping or will I apply it once I receive the headlights?
Gotcha on the place in line.

TBH - we aren't very good at applying the film. You would think we were given just how many headlights we sell...but you really don't want us applying it for you. Also, when we ship, the film can chafe and get residue from the insta-pack material.
Old 07-05-2018, 01:48 PM
PDsVettes
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 72 Posts

Is this clear film by Lamin-X and is it pre-cut?
Old 07-05-2018, 03:13 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

pre-cut, lamin-X
Old 07-05-2018, 03:18 PM
PDsVettes
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by info@umnitza.com
pre-cut, lamin-X
Thanks. I would guess that it would be better to install the headlights first then the Lamin-X so as not to damage the film.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:59 PM
doomi
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

That is certainly the primary criteria.
The secondary criteria is on a needs basis as well. Some customers may want to wait until others have installed OR their cars are not accessible to them immediately for install so they won't mind waiting for the delayed Sea shipment and will give up their immediately place to allow a person who maybe has their car in the shop, or is taking an exceptionally long drive and needs better lighting.

But yes, 90% we will go in order of purchased. We will contact everyone once the units are in transit here, and then privately once we're ready to start shipping.

Taiwan, not China. Bit of a stickler on this, pardon me Taiwan has a higher standard of QA (but don't want to get too geopolitical here).
July 20th is going to be tough on timeline - if the units don't ship by air til July 10th, and clearance/shipping/etc. takes 3 days. That's 13th arrival (no superstition please ) and that means we may not be able to ship them that same day.
So first day of shipping is July 16th conservatively. Figure 2-3 days for anywhere east of NV, and you'll probably get them on the 19th or 20th.

Ideally, we'd like to get it into the hands of a few people attending shows - of course - and that's why we're priority shipping them.

Basically the first 10 people on our list will get emails once they land. If we don't get a reply from that person saying a) send them or b) I can wait, we'll just move down the list - we'll give you the weekend to reply (if the lights land on the 13th).
Awesome, glad I got my order in really early.

Thanks for the info!
Old 07-06-2018, 01:00 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Update (with more to come later)

1) Lights by air are scheduled to ship on the 12th - not a superstition, but it will be a day sooner to post (possibly the 11th).
2) First batch looks like it's sold out, we are now taking orders for the second batch which will arrive in mid to late August (this one will be entirely by sea). Pre-order price will be in effect until July 12th at least for now.
3) You may have been following other sales for this product with some rather interesting claims about how there is this priority or that quality or some differences. All I can say right this minute is don't believe it. <-- more to come on this later.
Old 07-06-2018, 05:03 PM
SoSlow1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 334 Likes on 177 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Update (with more to come later)

2) First batch looks like it's sold out, we are now taking orders for the second batch which will arrive in mid to late August (this one will be entirely by sea). Pre-order price will be in effect until July 12th at least for now.
What is considered to be the 1st batch. From order #1 to ? I'm pretty sure the 1st group was the 1st 20 orders placed correct? I think I was somewhere in the 13-15th order placed.

Old 07-06-2018, 05:08 PM
JeffsVette777
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lights

Thanks for the info.
When do you expect the first round lamps that are not air shipped to arrive in the US? Based on what I can tell, the first 10 would be airshipped and then the next 30 or so would be shipped by sea.

For the “by sea” timeline, is that three or four weeks? And then shipment to customer, which is another 2-4 days... so are we looking at 4-5 weeks out for the non airshipped lamps. That would put delivery at early to mid Aug for the first round group that are not having their units air shipped. I’m just trying to mange my expectations. Thanks!
Old 07-06-2018, 08:40 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by SoSlow1
What is considered to be the 1st batch. From order #1 to ? I'm pretty sure the 1st group was the 1st 20 orders placed correct? I think I was somewhere in the 13-15th order placed.
When we first did this, we didn't know we'd blow the 20 units out of the water so quickly.
So we extended the pre-order pricing.

10000% those that ordered in the first 20 will get there's and THEN some. We've already placed another order with the company for the second batch and when they are ready they will be shipped at the current pre-order price.

If you are concerned you are not making it on this first shipment (it's more than 20 but less than 100) please email us directly and we'll give you your place in line. Given what we have listed right now, the first batch will cover most of the orders if not all of them, but it's going to be very tight. So please email us if you have concerns.

Originally Posted by JeffsVette777
Thanks for the info.
When do you expect the first round lamps that are not air shipped to arrive in the US? Based on what I can tell, the first 10 would be airshipped and then the next 30 or so would be shipped by sea.

For the “by sea” timeline, is that three or four weeks? And then shipment to customer, which is another 2-4 days... so are we looking at 4-5 weeks out for the non airshipped lamps. That would put delivery at early to mid Aug for the first round group that are not having their units air shipped. I’m just trying to mange my expectations. Thanks!
First round of 10 will have 1 for a local install (tails as well) and 9 for the rest of the folks that pre-ordered early.
Then the sea timeline will be set up by Monday or Tuesday, I can give you more info once our broker gets back from vacation and does all the calcs. In our case let's make some assumptions so you'll understand what's going on.

Sea shipments to us are direct - there is no going around the Panama canal, and there is no rail car delay of 1-3 weeks. 99% of the containers we've received have been 15-20 days with 1-2 day customs/xray/paperwork delays.
All shipments will be 2/3 day shipment priority to compensate. Realistically you should have the sea shipments landing end of July.

The NEXT sea shipment will leave pretty much once the factory completes the next request/order (which has already been placed) - which is why even if you are not on the current sea shipment (though honestly we may have 1-3 more places) then it's really not going to be a gigantic wait for the following shipment delivery (end of August predicted).

I hope that clears it up. You're in good hands here...as some of you have purchased lenses from us already know, we err on the side of too much shipping information. We keep you in the loop.
Old 07-07-2018, 03:49 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

One has to wonder, if a competitor is throwing shade (as the kiddies say today) so much, what's the real reason that's being done? Well, it's obviously done to dissuade you to from buying from us.

As we did with the Headlight lenses that we introduced, we continue to swim upstream to thwart some sketchy attempts to discredit this product and our service to you.
Here are the main reasons to buy from us:
1) You will get the maximum information available - no third or 4th tier details (check earlier in this thread AND later in this post)
2) You will get the fastest possible delivery (2-3 days priority in most cases in the USA, little longer for Canada/Euro/UK, but we'll help you with Duties if possible).
3) You will get the best value. Period, end of story.

We're now taking pre-orders for the next batch, this batch is sold out. Next batch will start building once this batch is on the water. This may be the last week to lock in the special price <-- click this link.

----
Finally, and this had to be written in red to catch your attention.
There is a single prototype that was made with a clear lens. The lightly smoked lenses are what everyone will get and there will be no appreciable difference in light output between the two. However, if you are interested in the clear lens version, we had a discussion last night with the factory and they are willing to make them for us for the next batch. if interested, please email us.
Old 07-07-2018, 09:21 PM
Frankie15
Melting Slicks

Received 488 Likes on 366 Posts

One has to wonder, if a competitor is throwing shade (as the kiddies say today) so much, what's the real reason that's being done? Well, it's obviously done to dissuade you to from buying from us.

As we did with the Headlight lenses that we introduced, we continue to swim upstream to thwart some sketchy attempts to discredit this product and our service to you.
Here are the main reasons to buy from us:
1) You will get the maximum information available - no third or 4th tier details (check earlier in this thread AND later in this post)
2) You will get the fastest possible delivery (2-3 days priority in most cases in the USA, little longer for Canada/Euro/UK, but we'll help you with Duties if possible).
3) You will get the best value. Period, end of story.

We're now taking pre-orders for the next batch, this batch is sold out. Next batch will start building once this batch is on the water. This may be the last week to lock in the special price <-- click this link.

----
Finally, and this had to be written in red to catch your attention.
There is a single prototype that was made with a clear lens. The lightly smoked lenses are what everyone will get and there will be no appreciable difference in light output between the two. However, if you are interested in the clear lens version, we had a discussion last night with the factory and they are willing to make them for us for the next batch. if interested, please email us.
Is there a picture showing the difference on the light smoked lens? Kind of worried about this because I remember the following picture below. I was not a fan of how dark this looked. Can't even see the headlights design. I REALLY hope it's not this dark because I wouldn't be very happy with that.

Last edited by Frankie15; 07-07-2018 at 09:25 PM.
Old 07-07-2018, 11:24 PM
ma_bishop
Cruising

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Side by side

C7

C6
C6
Old 07-07-2018, 11:51 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

A bit misleading because so far all the photos are night shots showcasing the led lights vs day shot of the c7 above.
Old 07-08-2018, 08:33 AM
Frankie15
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ma_bishop

C7

C6
C6
Isn't that the prototype set? It's the same one Caveman had on his car. He had pics of the headlights with the lights off in the daytime and it looked fine.

Where can we see pictures of the light smoked set?

Last edited by Frankie15; 07-08-2018 at 08:34 AM.
Old 07-08-2018, 06:25 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

it should look fine. Just different lighting conditions on the pics above. will have more once ready, but look at our video, that should give you some insight,
I'll ask to get a few photos in better lighting conditions before we get our sets later this week.
Old 07-08-2018, 06:29 PM
Frankie15
Melting Slicks

it should look fine. Just different lighting conditions on the pics above. will have more once ready, but look at our video, that should give you some insight,
I'll ask to get a few photos in better lighting conditions before we get our sets later this week.
The video showing the L shaped light dimming with turn signals? Those are the lightly smoked ones?

Would be great to see more pics when you get them. Thanks.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:55 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Will get some hopefully tonight for you guys
The following 3 users liked this post by info@umnitza.com:
Frankie15 (07-09-2018), GingerGranny (07-09-2018), Larry Myers (07-09-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Full Bi LED Morimoto C7 Style Replacement Headlights from Umnitza WITH photos and

Old 07-09-2018, 01:04 PM
ledesordre
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Can't wait to see a set on a black C6!
Old 07-09-2018, 07:53 PM
AtomicCorvette
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Frankie15
The video showing the L shaped light dimming with turn signals? Those are the lightly smoked ones?

Would be great to see more pics when you get them. Thanks.
I would like to know this as well. The pictures at the start of the thread look clear while some of the later ones looked smoked.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:12 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Got a couple of updates to post - will show some more photos that no one else has and will update you on the details of shipping in a couple of hours.
The following 2 users liked this post by info@umnitza.com:
GingerGranny (07-10-2018), Larry Myers (07-10-2018)

Quick Reply: C6 Full Bi LED Morimoto C7 Style Replacement Headlights from Umnitza WITH photos and