C6 Vendor for Sale Exclusive forum for vendors to list C6 products, services and promotions.

C6 Full Bi LED Morimoto C7 Style Replacement Headlights from Umnitza WITH photos and

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 07:45 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Looks dam good...if I ever need headlights I’ll buy these..

my 2008z51manual is in mint condition but has 123k mikes so it’s not worth much even though it’s a great car..

I’m in maintaince mode so a grand or whatever for a cosmetic expendure doesn’t make sense for me..

for those with less miles and going to keep their car for around another four years...

this looks awesome....and creates a more contemporary design for the beautiful c6 corvette.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:49 AM
GingerGranny
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Installed these last night. Was a PITA by myself! They look good! Have to aim them tonight and move them around to get them just right and lined up with the fender and bumper.

The following users liked this post:
nmalik3000 (07-18-2018)
Old 07-18-2018, 09:58 AM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 327 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by GingerGranny
Installed these last night. Was a PITA by myself! They look good! Have to aim them tonight and move them around to get them just right and lined up with the fender and bumper.

great work!!! Show us more pics. No issues with the drl
Old 07-18-2018, 10:56 AM
GingerGranny
Instructor

Originally Posted by info@umnitza.com
great work!!! Show us more pics. No issues with the drl
I didn't hook all of that up yet. I can live with just turning the parking lights on because because it turns my tail lights on as well
s7n7a7k7e (12-12-2020)
Old 07-18-2018, 11:09 AM
Frankie15
Melting Slicks

Received 488 Likes on 366 Posts

I didn't hook all of that up yet. I can live with just turning the parking lights on because because it turns my tail lights on as well
How involved is adding the included harness? Umnitza makes it seem like its very easy plug and play so I was just curious why someone would omit it.
Old 07-18-2018, 12:05 PM
quadracr
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankie15
How involved is adding the included harness? Umnitza makes it seem like its very easy plug and play so I was just curious why someone would omit it.
In for the reply as well, even better would be a picture of said additional harness.

Last edited by quadracr; 07-18-2018 at 12:05 PM.
Old 07-18-2018, 12:31 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Ok, we've literally received 9 PMs in the last 20 minutes regarding this harness, so here goes.

The harness we had originally described is not necessary unless you want to add some additional features like fade on and off with the interior lights for the "L" hockey stick OR if you want to enable the "L" to be a switched item (toggle, push button, whatever) from the cabin.

The lights we're shipping come with a simplified harness that plugs into the interior fuse box - HVAC fuse is best - and enables the DRL "L" to be on when you start the car and off when you don't. <-- here is where the competitors get a bonus since they are watching this intently.

Here's what this simplified "harness" looks like - a professionally spliced and fused set of wires without a relay:
Old 07-18-2018, 12:59 PM
victorf
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Ok, we've literally received 9 PMs in the last 20 minutes regarding this harness, so here goes.

The harness we had originally described is not necessary unless you want to add some additional features like fade on and off with the interior lights for the "L" hockey stick OR if you want to enable the "L" to be a switched item (toggle, push button, whatever) from the cabin.

The lights we're shipping come with a simplified harness that plugs into the interior fuse box - HVAC fuse is best - and enables the DRL "L" to be on when you start the car and off when you don't. <-- here is where the competitors get a bonus since they are watching this intently.

Here's what this simplified "harness" looks like - a professionally spliced and fused set of wires without a relay:
None of your competitors can compare your customer supports! Maybe your direct dealing with manufacturer rather than a distributor or just simply your personality.

It will be great if you can have the manufacture to produce clear lens cover for those who prefer non smoke tint or those of us where local laws forbid use of tinted lens cover.
info@umnitza.com (07-18-2018)
Old 07-18-2018, 01:12 PM
quadracr
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by victorf
None of your competitors can compare your customer supports! Maybe your direct dealing with manufacturer rather than a distributor or just simply your personality.

It will be great if you can have the manufacture to produce clear lens cover for those who prefer non smoke tint or those of us where local laws forbid use of tinted lens cover.
It looked like Ginger Granny lights have the clear lens. If they are smoked they are smoked very little.

And I also agree with the CS, thanks for taking the time with me today.

Last edited by quadracr; 07-18-2018 at 01:13 PM.
Old 07-18-2018, 01:26 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

To clarify the lenses - one of the issues with various photography skills, cameras, and lighting conditions is you won't get a true "feel" for how light the "smokey" headlight lenses are.

In person, you don't even know they are smoked simply because the light is blacked out internally.

In person, there is a significantly greater level of definition that is visible vs what the camera can pick up. We'll try to get our DSLR to take a few approximates within the next few days. Todd (who's car we did the install on) is very gracious about allowing us more time whenever we need it to take some more photos - but he's only usually free on Mondays
Old 07-18-2018, 02:26 PM
nmalik3000
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Thank you!
Can you take a few pics from a distance of the front showing both headlights?
Old 07-18-2018, 04:36 PM
GingerGranny
Instructor

Old 07-18-2018, 04:42 PM
kings1016
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

They look great!!! I have a 2012 GS centennial edition.....so your pics gave me a great preview.....can't wait for mine to arrive. Was it a pretty easy/straightforward "plug n play" and did you have to adjust the headlight beams much? Lastly, do you have any "lessons learned" during the install that you can share?
Thanks!
Old 07-18-2018, 04:47 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Sexy, can we use these photos?
Old 07-18-2018, 06:02 PM
doomi
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

These really are beautiful headlights. And they seem to be really well engineered and built. For those concerned, the lenses aren't really tinted. I can see through the lens just like I can on the factory. Overall this is a fairly easy install. This was my first time removing the headlights so the first side took about an hour and the second side took about 20 minutes. One thing most of the videos don't mention is that there is another t15 screw holding the fender that you can't see. It's at the corner where the hood, bumper and fender meet. The videos will show you pop the corner of the bumper where it meets the fender... if you peel that corner back a bit you'll see the screw. It's also very easy to change the turn signal settings via a loop plug. I opted to do the standard turn signal instead of the progressive.

I'm curious though, you mention to run your additional wiring harness to the interior HVAC relay, but it is nowhere near long enough. I'm going to use a fuse in the under hood fuse box, but I was curious why you said to use HVAC? I wanted to go ahead and test how the lights would work out of the factory without the DRL harness and I don't seem to have DRL's at all, either the hockey stick or amber turn signals. Is this because I have the harness plugged into the lights but not into the fuse?

The hockey sticks only light with the headlights or when I turn the headlight stalk to the second from the bottom.The amber only lights up with my turn signals or hazards.

Below are some comparison pics with the factory headlights during install. I'll take some more pictures and video this evening.

Old 07-18-2018, 06:03 PM
GingerGranny
Instructor

Sexy, can we use these photos?
I reckon it's ok to use them.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:06 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

I'm sorry, I can't reply to your questions, the photos are too good, I'm still drooling over them...@doomi

I assume your KD? If so, I'll reply to you here shortly

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Full Bi LED Morimoto C7 Style Replacement Headlights from Umnitza WITH photos and

Old 07-18-2018, 09:48 PM
doomi
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

I'm sorry, I can't reply to your questions, the photos are too good, I'm still drooling over them...@doomi

I assume your KD? If so, I'll reply to you here shortly
I am KD.

I went ahead and hooked up the provided harness. This allows the hockey sticks to stay lit any time the car is on. A quirk I still can't get past is that the hockey sticks are running on their dimmed setting, not full brightness. They are significantly brighter in their full bright setting, but that only happens for a split second after I turn off and exit the car. I'd love a solution that worked like the C7. Hockey sticks full bright any time the car is on, unless the turn signals are on. Then fully dimmed.

I'm really impressed with these lights. I think they are gorgeous and really compliment the look of the car. That was my concern was they could clash with the timeless C6 design. But I don't feel like that's the case at all.

I did have a passing motorist flash their brights on the way home, so I'm thinking some adjustment may be necessary.

Old 07-18-2018, 10:19 PM
Frankie15
Melting Slicks

Received 488 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by doomi
quirk I still can't get past is that the hockey sticks are running on their dimmed setting, not full brightness. They are significantly brighter in their full bright setting, but that only happens for a split second after I turn off and exit the car. I'd love a solution that worked like the C7. Hockey sticks full bright any time the car is on, unless the turn signals are on. Then fully dimmed.
This is definitely a bummer. Hopefully something can be done to resolve that. Hopefully Anthony responds regarding that.

Thanks for the pics!

Last edited by Frankie15; 07-18-2018 at 10:20 PM.
Old 07-18-2018, 10:22 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

The hockey stocks do run at full bright with harness. Will show how by tomorrow.

Quick Reply: C6 Full Bi LED Morimoto C7 Style Replacement Headlights from Umnitza WITH photos and