C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'08 Factory Bose w/o Nav issue I had...

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 10:45 PM
whitenow
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default '08 Factory Bose w/o Nav issue I had...

Ever since I got my '08 LT3 base, it had intermittent squeal from the stereo. In all Modes of operation (FM, XM, CD). Not a real big deal to me, I am almost tone deaf at those frequencies and it drives the GF nuttier to have to hear it!

A couple of months ago, new sound issues came out - it seemed that the base notes were garbage from the Driver's door.

Fast forward to me getting fed up with it and I finally bought a new door speaker. Went to put it in and when we pulled the old speaker, the !@$#$%^ connector had green corrosion on at least 3 of the pins! I am 95% certain that the speaker itself was fine, but I went ahead and installed the new speaker after cleaning the door harness.

Both noise issues are now gone! Not the GF, but the squeal and the garbage base notes!

Hopefully this thread might remind somebody else to save their money and just clean the simple things first.
The following users liked this post:
Gator6977 (06-18-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 04:35 AM
Gator6977
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 25 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

Careful, that's usually a tell tale sign of moisture getting in there. Might be time to replace some seals before your window/door lock/opening function starts to corrode. I had a similar issue with my taillights. The kid who installed them left the connectors out and hanging. A little 220 grit sandpaper cleans up the contacts nicely! Either way, thanks for the heads up!

Quick Reply: '08 Factory Bose w/o Nav issue I had...