C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Freaking awesome!!! I made it just like I wanted it!! Extreme C6 Transformation.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 10:13 AM
Biggie G
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jdvann
I like the car better than the pictures of the car. Seems the camera is set wrong or something...Look forward to some better pics of the car as I believe it probably looks really good. Congrats on the Car!

I totally agree

hey OP

the photos dont do it justice....try a different camera

either way awesome Car
The following users liked this post:
QuickSilverC6 (06-19-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 10:42 AM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron'sGS
If you like it that’s all that matters, a little over the top for my taste. If anything get rid of the spike looking lug nuts......
LOL......I was gonna say.....whats the deal with the spike lug nuts ? Does that go along with this idea of wanting ones ride to look "Sinister"..?......
Old 06-19-2018, 10:53 AM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankie15

I stand corrected. Perhaps I am behind the times since I have not searched for any aftermarket parts in a while. A long while.

I still like that spoiler. I just don't like the price. Hahaha
Old 06-19-2018, 11:07 AM
QuickSilverC6
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by windyC6
LOL......I was gonna say.....whats the deal with the spike lug nuts ? Does that go along with this idea of wanting ones ride to look "Sinister"..?......
I guess they do look that way. I more think of them of cleats on my my feet.

I do have lots lots more in the works for this Vette! This was more a sampling of Road ready photos. It has spent last 8-9 weeks on Jack Stands and finally able to take it out on the road for fathers day weekend.

Stay tuned I will probably do more things to this vette some will not like and others will love
Old 06-19-2018, 11:19 AM
Sabre34

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 767 Likes on 704 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Love the look. Great color and good looking wide body. Enjoy!
Old 06-19-2018, 11:33 AM
Null Pointer
Exception ID 10T
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 506 Likes on 333 Posts

WOW. Definite head turner for sure. It is unique and definitely yours. I always appreciate the work and effort it takes someone who plans something and executes their plan well. You have done a nice job getting the car the way you want, and quickly at that. I agree with some other folks that better pictures, with some closeups at various angles, and some day and night shots, are an absolute must to show off this project.
Old 06-19-2018, 11:39 AM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 819 Likes on 388 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

I was also told if you cannot say something nice don't say anything. But what the hell. I love the color, the body mods are top notch, I an not sold on the spikes in the lugs or the lambo doors, but as mentioned, it is your and I am sure there are some people that are not fans of mine, but I don't care.
Old 06-19-2018, 02:18 PM
mellojoe
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 51 Posts

I love the bodywork. Hate the scissor doors. I've always found them to be a wee bit too gimmicky for my taste. I even like the wheels. The color of the car is perfect.

Originally Posted by QuickSilverC6
Here is the hood I am installing next.

What hood is this? Is the center cowl larger / taller than stock? I love the side vents on it, and it looks like it should flow perfectly with the ZR1 fenders.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:01 PM
QuickSilverC6
Instructor

Originally Posted by mellojoe
I love the bodywork. Hate the scissor doors. I've always found them to be a wee bit too gimmicky for my taste. I even like the wheels. The color of the car is perfect.

What hood is this? Is the center cowl larger / taller than stock? I love the side vents on it, and it looks like it should flow perfectly with the ZR1 fenders.
I always thought that about certain cars like a caprice classic with lambo doors or a toyota celica or something like that. However, I got into a Super vette that had this extreme wide body kit and lambo doors and actually it makes it easier to get into the car with the lambo door. Plus on this level of extreme wide body it takes it to that next level closer to super car status. I do agree on a base model would not be as cool. Ha. I did start out with a base though. HA!!!

The hood is from SS-Vette. I think it was about $1200

Last edited by QuickSilverC6; 06-19-2018 at 03:02 PM.
CorvetteBrent (06-20-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 04:09 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Thanks, I will post more pics when I finish the final design. The white strips are going on soon as the new hood gets installed.
There was a member that had a similar modded car on here, his handle was Commander2000 or something like that. His car was a bright blue with white stripes, had wheels that were polished lips with white centers also as I remember, he won a lot of shows
I'll see if I can round up a photo
NSF
PS found him but no photos except in his avatar, take a look
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ander2ooo.html

Last edited by Not So Fast; 06-19-2018 at 04:15 PM.
Old 06-19-2018, 04:18 PM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

Received 942 Likes on 686 Posts

oh yeah! Great idea. Already in the plans! I just haven’t decided on what to put on them yet. Open to ideas.

Maybe “Earned It!”
Definitely need to bump this when you install that audio. Wait...is there audio in the future?

I bought all the parts. And I had Cutting Edge Designs in Houston , TX do the extreme wide body kit install, install the Grand Sport breaks, install the Vertical Doors lambo door kit, then they did the vinyl wrap and installed Ridetech HQ Coil Overs, oh yeah and mount the Forgestar F14 wheels that I ordered wheels and tires mounted and balanced from Get your wheels. The guys at Cutting Edge Designs did a great job.
That is a vinyl wrap??? Any details on it? It looks SILLY close to Lemans Blue. Which, I would love to wrap my LMB Z in to save the paint for as long as humanly possible.
Old 06-19-2018, 04:29 PM
mellojoe
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 51 Posts

and lambo doors and actually it makes it easier to get into the car with the lambo door.
To be fair, I totally understand that aspect of it. That's the reason why those doors were designed that way to begin with. Scissor doors, butterfly doors, gull wing doors, etc. All are designed to give bigger opening while minimizing side-to-side footprint. And an extreme widebody of those cars (and your Vette, too) would mean parking near anything could get tight real fast.
The following 2 users liked this post by mellojoe:
CorvetteBrent (06-20-2018), QuickSilverC6 (06-19-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 06:48 PM
QuickSilverC6
Instructor

Originally Posted by Pb82 Ronin
Definitely need to bump this when you install that audio. Wait...is there audio in the future?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-yaCSbgziQ

That is a vinyl wrap??? Any details on it? It looks SILLY close to Lemans Blue. Which, I would love to wrap my LMB Z in to save the paint for as long as humanly possible.
Yep Vinyl. I choose Gloss Indigo Blue as it was the closest color to the Houston Astros color Blue I could find. That was the color I wanted the body in.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:15 PM
Null Pointer
Exception ID 10T
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 506 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by Not So Fast
There was a member that had a similar modded car on here, his handle was Commander2000 or something like that. His car was a bright blue with white stripes, had wheels that were polished lips with white centers also as I remember, he won a lot of shows
I'll see if I can round up a photo
NSF
PS found him but no photos except in his avatar, take a look
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ander2ooo.html
Found a few pics of his car in this thread and an awesome pic in the second thread below.
I think QuickSilver's car is in the same league.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ving-soon.html
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...dible-pic.html

Last edited by Null Pointer; 06-19-2018 at 07:26 PM.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:36 PM
QuickSilverC6
Instructor

Originally Posted by Null Pointer
Found a few pics of his car in this thread and an awesome pic in the second thread below.

Wow that one certainly looks awesome!!! Ironically the stripes look very close to what I had in mind. I will have to change it up a little to make sure mine does not copy his.

My orange wheels makes mine look different though.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:39 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Wow that one certainly looks awesome!!! Ironically the stripes look very close to what I had in mind. I will have to change it up a little to make sure mine does not copy his.

My orange wheels makes mine look different though.
That evening shot sure is hot lookin isnt it. I wouldn't worry about the stripes, IMHO there are body lines that should be followed with stripes and not just ***** nilly, so it limits your choices, but that's just me.
NSF
Old 06-19-2018, 08:57 PM
1rusty1
Safety Car

Received 332 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by Null Pointer
Yeah commanders vette is incredible. Lot's of work on the interior and a SC engine as well. It's the whole package. We started out about the same time modding our vettes. I gave up trying to keep pace. lol

OP's vette is looking good as well!

Get notified of new replies

To Freaking awesome!!! I made it just like I wanted it!! Extreme C6 Transformation.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:40 PM
pauly1119
Drifting

Received 401 Likes on 230 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'11

Very cool.
QuickSilverC6 (06-20-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 10:46 PM
russ472
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 161 Posts

I really like what you did with it. Unless you are a vette guy, most can't tell a difference between stock or modded vettes. In your case, it should be a head turner. Hope you have plans to make it as fast as it looks!
QuickSilverC6 (06-20-2018)
Old 06-20-2018, 08:00 AM
CorvetteBrent
Burning Brakes

Received 320 Likes on 210 Posts

I love your car, especially the "dual" air vents in the front fenders. What brand is that front fender/body kit?