C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Annapolis Corvette show this past Saturday

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 08:57 PM
Callaway DrDon
Racer

Received 160 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Annapolis Corvette show this past Saturday

My son was home and wanted to go on a boat adventure. Left St. Michael's and headed to Annapolis in the Whaler, about a 45 min ride. I forgot the Corvette show was going on, so it was a nice surprise as we cruised past the city dock. Only had a few minutes to hope off and look around as docking was quite limited. Looks like some very nice high end cars were there. Registration was full when I looked into it 2 months ago.
Attached Images        
Old 06-18-2018, 09:25 PM
csf
Melting Slicks

Received 210 Likes on 130 Posts

DAMN !!

Saturday morning, my wife and I drove our 2013 GS to the Cars and Coffee thing at Hunt Valley Mall in Baltimore County from 8AM - 10AM. Huge turnout. Then we had some breakfast at Panera Bread and drove home.

Next we packed up our SUV with our road bikes and drove to BWI Airport. Parked and rode our bikes from there down the Baltimore Annapolis bike trail into Annapolis. Made our way to Eastport where we ate again at The Boathouse. Then rode the bikes back to the SUV. Finally got home about 9 pm.

Had absolutely no idea there was a Corvette show in Annapolis. Rode on some side streets to avoid traffic so never went by City Dock. Would have been something to do two Corvette events in the same day. However, saw a bunch of classic cars and hot rods on the roads all afternoon . . . must have been a few car events in the area that day.

All in all still a great day . . . would have been perfect if we could have got a ride in your boat !!!
Attached Images    

Last edited by csf; 06-18-2018 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:53 PM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,505 Likes on 3,590 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Cars and Boats, can't get any better!
Old 06-18-2018, 10:03 PM
Callaway DrDon
Racer

Originally Posted by csf
DAMN !!

Saturday morning, my wife and I drove our 2013 GS to the Cars and Coffee thing at Hunt Valley Mall in Baltimore County from 8AM - 10AM. Huge turnout. Then we had some breakfast at Panera Bread and drove home.

Next we packed up our SUV with our road bikes and drove to BWI Airport. Parked and road our bikes from there down the Baltimore Annapolis bike trail into Annapolis. Made our way to Eastport where we ate again at The Boathouse. Then road the bikes back to the SUV. Finally got home about 9 pm.

Had absolutely no idea there was a Corvette show in Annapolis. Road on some side streets to avoid traffic so never went by City Dock. Would have been something to do two Corvette events in the same day. However, saw a bunch of classic cars and hot rods on the roads all afternoon . . . must have been a few car events in the area that day.

All in all still a great day . . . would have been perfect if we could have got a ride in your boat !!!
You had a busy day. I will try to take mine there next year. Sounds like it is a always full . We ran over to Kent Island and had a late lunch at the Jetty. Put some miles on the boat that day
Old 06-18-2018, 10:06 PM
Callaway DrDon
Racer

I was looking for my boat in your photos! First time I took my boat there. Lots to see.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:14 PM
gn85
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

That would explain why I saw a bunch of Corvette's heading that way. I wish I had known as well.

Great pics, BTW. It seems like they have a lot of car gatherings down by Ego Alley. Love boating around the Bay Bridge and Kent Narrows.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:17 PM
csf
Melting Slicks

Received 210 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Callaway DrDon
You had a busy day. I will try to take mine there next year. Sounds like it is a always full . We ran over to Kent Island and had a late lunch at the Jetty. Put some miles on the boat that day
Yeah, turned out to be a long day. Drove about 30 miles in the Vette, rode over 40 miles on the bikes.

Like the Jetty. Also really like the place next to it, Bridges. We have biked on Kent Island and taken a bike trail from Stevensville to eat at the Jetty several times.

My wife and I are married 35 years next month. Our first date was a bike ride. Been biking together ever since. We have been biking all over the US, Canada and Europe.

We also both love our C6. But maybe its time I get a boat.

Last edited by csf; 06-18-2018 at 11:11 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Annapolis Corvette show this past Saturday

Quick Reply: Annapolis Corvette show this past Saturday