C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of selling My GS, need input.

Old 06-19-2018, 10:59 AM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,761 Likes on 4,215 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

I’ve seen similar cars listed in the high $30s. Personally, I’d sell the black wheels & black headlights ($1,500 - 2,000) & list the car for $36-37k.

I picked up my ‘12 Inferno Orange GS 1LT for $33.7 back in November. It had powder coated (poorly) C6 Z06 wheels & BB Bullet exhaust on it & 29k mi.
The following users liked this post:
jbc1995fb (06-19-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 12:35 PM
Ron'sGS
Burning Brakes

Received 266 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Mcrider
You don't say if you are the original owner or not. That does make a difference.

3 months ago I purchased a white, 2011 GS with 14K miles in immaculate condition for $38K which included, new tires and a lifetime power train warranty valued at $4k. With the options you have such as the 2 tops and extra wheels, being a year newer than mine, I wouldn't go under $36k.

I'd put the chrome wheels back on it to sell as I think it makes a much more visually striking looking car, but include the blacks. Make sure you have an up to date carfax and all the service records. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have your local GM dealer do a Pre-Purchase Inspection as part of your sale package.

Great looking car!!!
Old 06-19-2018, 03:05 PM
jbc1995fb
Safety Car

Received 1,335 Likes on 881 Posts

Originally Posted by Mcrider
You being the 3rd owner is going to raise eyebrows and affect the price. Natural question is why 3 owners in short time. I passed on a number of cars for that reason.
I doubt it. But I don’t think 3 owners is bad considering I’ve had it 5 years s. If I dumped it after a year it would have raised eyebrows.
Old 06-19-2018, 04:02 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by jbc1995fb
I doubt it. But I don’t think 3 owners is bad considering I’ve had it 5 years s. If I dumped it after a year it would have raised eyebrows.
Not really a consideration IMHO, 3 owners, I know guys that keep a car 1 year and sell them for the latest thrill ride that tickles their fancy, so what. Now if it were say 6 owners in that time span them maybe Id be concerned.
My car was bought/leased in Macon, Georgia late 2011, then sold to the guy I bought it from after 1 year, 2 years later I bought it.
It was his wifes and they live in Boulder City NV. Did that mean anything to make me concerned, nope, had 25K on it which was a tad high but the car was exceptionally clean, so I bought it.
Ive had it almost 4 years and its in better shape than when I bought it, and it falls into that 3 owners category so does that make it a car that should be scrutinized, not in my opinion. My sales pitch would be come and look at it then you tell me if its not one of the cleanest 2011 GS you've seen, guaranteed
NSF
Old 06-19-2018, 04:34 PM
gunnersfan10
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I think you're safe asking mid $30k's. Carmax or a dealer will give less but reduces the headaches of having to sell it yourself. If you're considering replacing it with something consider the sales tax savings that you get by trading it in versus selling it on your own as well. Where I live a $33k car could have a $2k value in sales tax you don't have to pay. Just food for thought.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thinking of selling My GS, need input.