C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tinted Windshield and Automatic Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 06:07 AM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

This tinting of the windshield seems dumb, stupid, and dangerous. Buy a pair of sunglasses! If the car thinks it's too dark and wants to turn on the headlights, then guess what? It's too freaking dark.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:18 AM
PCMusicGuy
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 222 Posts

A lot of hate in this thread. For all we know, he could have an eye condition that doesn't allow him to drive at night and requires a tinted windshield during the day to be bearable.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:27 AM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by PCMusicGuy
A lot of hate in this thread. For all we know, he could have an eye condition that doesn't allow him to drive at night and requires a tinted windshield during the day to be bearable.
WTF ?? Who said anything about hating anyone. First, just to shoot down your "eye condition" theory....as some have mentioned it seems as though a pair of sunglasses would/should cure that issue, thus no need for tinting of the shield. And on a second note....sometimes we here in the forum just become weary of these threads that bring up "interesting" (to be kind) topics that the poster is looking for help when the cures are all so easy. First and foremost. If the tint is causing a problem so much that you have to try and maneuver and/or change your over all driving manner, then just take the crap off as it's probably illegal anyway.......
Old 06-25-2018, 11:36 AM
MikeMikeWmike
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Definitely a lot of hate in this thread. You're correct, I don't have an eye condition. I appreciate what you're saying though.

The windshield tint is not that dark. I drive the car, I'll be the judge of that. this car is my pleasure car. I drive it on sunny days...hasn't seen rain in about 3 years. I put the tint on because I like the look of it. I'm sure nobody on this forum lives in a state that requires a front license plate and takes it off because they simply like the look of it better without it? And surely nobody would be dumb enough to have tinted taillights or headlights for cosmetic reasons either right? How dangerous!!

My initial question has been addressed by maybe two people on here with legitimate suggestions. The rest of you have your apparent very strong opinions on windshield tint. I would expect that none of you have any of your windows tinted because the side an back visibility is just as important for safety.

I'm unsubscribing from this thread because it's gotten so ridiculous!!
Old 06-25-2018, 12:47 PM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

Because someone has an opinion that sides on the ridiculousness that person is hating someone? I don't understand everybody has an opinion.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:20 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

Adults know the difference between "hate" and "dumb, stupid, dangerous, ridiculous". Children, of all ages, use "hate" to describe just about anything that someone says which offends them.

Understand that I am not stating that people using that term in this discussion are children, only that they are speaking like children.

The OP has probably gotten enough help from this thread that continued discussion will be of no value.

Quick Reply: Tinted Windshield and Automatic Headlights