C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power seat/steering wheel won't work

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 04:22 PM
richp5
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Power seat/steering wheel won't work

A few weeks back the power seat and steering wheel stopped working and the seat is now set at the farthest away possible/can't be raised as well coupled with the steering wheel not being able to come out so a vertically challenged guy like me feels like a little kid driving a giant 50's car. I noticed the battery tender taking a full day to charge up the battery after use (once every couple of weeks) and the voltage fluctuates when driving between 13.7 - 14.2 if that means anything. Not sure how old the battery is (misplaced receipt) but thinking about 3 years old in the event a bad cell is the cause. Everything else works fine and of course I checked the floorboard fuse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !
Old 06-22-2018, 04:26 PM
Tom_Slick
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 32 Posts

You might want to check your terminal connections and maybe your alternator…? I've needed to replace mine within the last year or so...

Last edited by Tom_Slick; 06-22-2018 at 04:27 PM.
Old 06-22-2018, 05:33 PM
45gunner
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 35 Posts

With anything electrical that stops working, my first trouble shooting place would be the fuses.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:58 PM
richp5
Racer

Originally Posted by 45gunner
With anything electrical that stops working, my first trouble shooting place would be the fuses.
As previously stated I checked the fuses under the passengers floorboard. Is there other fuses to check - in reading the owners manual I didn't see additional ones but could be wrong.

Thanks for the replies.
Old 06-23-2018, 12:36 AM
Rick369
Burning Brakes

Received 218 Likes on 150 Posts

I would check to make sure the electrical harness under the driver seat for the power seats is fully connected. Do you have the auto memory and auto exit recall feature for the driver seat activated in your DIC? If you do and after repeated use, the electrical connection in the harness may have dislodged and is no longer making full contact. Also, if you have them activated, try turning them off and see if the power seat and steering wheel work. You could also disconnect your battery cables from the battery for 30 minutes, which will reset all the modules in your car and see if that helps.
Old 06-23-2018, 12:53 AM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by richp5
A few weeks back the power seat and steering wheel stopped working and the seat is now set at the farthest away possible/can't be raised as well coupled with the steering wheel not being able to come out so a vertically challenged guy like me feels like a little kid driving a giant 50's car. I noticed the battery tender taking a full day to charge up the battery after use (once every couple of weeks) and the voltage fluctuates when driving between 13.7 - 14.2 if that means anything. Not sure how old the battery is (misplaced receipt) but thinking about 3 years old in the event a bad cell is the cause. Everything else works fine and of course I checked the floorboard fuse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !
All batteries have a 'Born on Date' if i was you replace the battery first..Then?
Old 06-23-2018, 05:54 AM
01Z06 Black
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Default This could be the problem

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...seat-inop.html
Old 06-23-2018, 02:02 PM
richp5
Racer

Thanks to all. I'll try the easiest suggestion first and then move on from there. Hopefully just having the battery disconnected will do the trick.

Get notified of new replies

To Power seat/steering wheel won't work

Quick Reply: Power seat/steering wheel won't work