C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

frikin' AMAZING mod/repair

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 10:04 AM
jost6453
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by theandrewo
Okay...I'm listening.
Is there a write-up on this somewhere? How will that change the feel of my shifts?
No write-up. I've done it and it does firm up the shifts slightly. BUT .... if your bushings are worn, you need the rebuilt box.
The following users liked this post:
mcm95403 (09-16-2018)
Old 09-16-2018, 12:48 AM
mcm95403
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 223 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Andysherman
My .02, did the TMod box, and it is a noticeable improvement in crispness of gear changes. Should've taken pics of the old box, the bushings were ground to almost nothing, & the shaft had incredible amount of play in all axes as a result. Worth the $125 in my opinion.
Sounds just like mine at only 33K miles.
Old 08-09-2022, 02:58 PM
Orpheuss
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2006 C6 Z06 OEM shifter box Bushings.

Originally Posted by TMODcustoms
In short my box addresses most of the problems, the problems that are common and the problems that account for the most undesired effects. I can truthfully say that it makes a "night and day difference" in a car with only 30,000 miles on it. This has been attested to by numerous people, some with even less miles. It's my opinion, and more importantly, the opinion of many of my customers, that if your driving an M6 or M7 corvette, upgrading your lower box is something you'll be glad you did.

New bearings, seals and dampeners on the shaft.

Billet end caps

Optional Polyurethane torque tube bushings

Optional Delrin torque tube bushings

anyone know where I can just buy a new OEM linkage end cap and the linkage bushing specifically built into the box it self? It’s the piece that the linkage shaft rides on and not the torque tube bushings that I keep finding online. I recently went to the shop and the owner told me that the linkage bushings are worn and I can get replacements but I’m having a hard time finding anything. I am not sure if those pieces are sold individually or if I have to buy an entire new box. All help is appreciated.
Old 08-10-2022, 11:02 PM
samk6
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Orpheuss
anyone know where I can just buy a new OEM linkage end cap and the linkage bushing specifically built into the box it self? It’s the piece that the linkage shaft rides on and not the torque tube bushings that I keep finding online. I recently went to the shop and the owner told me that the linkage bushings are worn and I can get replacements but I’m having a hard time finding anything. I am not sure if those pieces are sold individually or if I have to buy an entire new box. All help is appreciated.
So while looking through this thread i seen an older related thread under this one and found that someone fixed thier box for a super cheap price with a little work. Here is the link for it.
Hopefully this is what your looking for and helps you.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...x-upgrade.html

Quick Reply: frikin' AMAZING mod/repair