C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

current tire deals at tirerack and elsewere...base models.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 02:53 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts
Default current tire deals at tirerack and elsewere...base models.

Yes, it should "elsewhere"...sorry.

I sometimes cruise TR just for the heck of it. Just went there and saw quite a few promotions for tires for the base model C6. I realize many of you are not interested. For those that might be, deals on a full set of tires, after promo or rebate, currently run from $528, on up. For example, the Firehawk Indy 500, which is a pretty good Summer tire, is just $603 for the set. If I needed a set of tires, I would go after one of these deals. Many of the deals are also available at your local tire store.

Just thought I would let some of you know.

Last edited by buckmeister2; 07-06-2018 at 02:53 PM. Reason: spelling
The following users liked this post:
Corvette_Ed (07-08-2018)
Old 07-07-2018, 12:07 AM
get smart
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by buckmeister2
Yes, it should "elsewhere"...sorry.

I sometimes cruise TR just for the heck of it. Just went there and saw quite a few promotions for tires for the base model C6. I realize many of you are not interested. For those that might be, deals on a full set of tires, after promo or rebate, currently run from $528, on up. For example, the Firehawk Indy 500, which is a pretty good Summer tire, is just $603 for the set. If I needed a set of tires, I would go after one of these deals. Many of the deals are also available at your local tire store.

Just thought I would let some of you know.
Is it ok to buy a set of front tires that are different brand from rear tires? My fronts are worn and need replacing. I want to later on change rears to same brand as front. Are any run flats cheap?
Thanks Clark

Old 07-07-2018, 02:53 AM
slow_zo6
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by get smart
Is it ok to buy a set of front tires that are different brand from rear tires? My fronts are worn and need replacing. I want to later on change rears to same brand as front. Are any run flats cheap?
Thanks Clark
Jesus Christ. Tires are one area you def shouldn’t skimp on. At the very least get a matching set.
The following users liked this post:
h8snow (07-08-2018)
Old 07-07-2018, 09:29 AM
farmington
Safety Car

Received 1,119 Likes on 798 Posts

for the most part, if you find a good price somewhere online, Discount Tire will match it.
Old 07-07-2018, 11:27 AM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

Thanks Clark
Yes, you can mix brands, but it is not a great idea. Check TR for what is available in run flats.
Old 07-07-2018, 01:22 PM
C6KWJ
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

You will have no issues mixing different brands. Just make sure the fronts have the same brand are the same as well as the back.
Old 07-08-2018, 08:04 PM
RobJoy
Pro

Received 57 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by farmington
for the most part, if you find a good price somewhere online, Discount Tire will match it.
I'm not impressed with Discount Tire. They were about 25% higher for the same tire as I could get at 2 other places. I'm not one to go for this "show us the price and we'll match it" stuff. If someone wants your business let them bid for it just like every other tire supplier.
Old 07-08-2018, 08:16 PM
NY09C6
Le Mans Master

Received 627 Likes on 363 Posts

Thanks Clark
I do it with no issues. My fronts and rears never wear at the same rate and I have never replaced all 4 at the same time. My current fronts are due for replacement, my rears only have 10k in them. I now stick with Michelin 4s but had mixed sets before that.

Last edited by NY09C6; 07-08-2018 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-08-2018, 08:23 PM
Gman in NC
Melting Slicks

Received 136 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by farmington
I agree. Discount Tire is hard to beat. I bought my Michelins there and they did a great job installing them.
Old 07-08-2018, 08:30 PM
farmington
Safety Car

Received 1,119 Likes on 798 Posts

Been dealing with Discount Tire exclusively for almost 30 years and never have had an issue. If I can get that service with the prices I see online? Win-Win.

Get notified of new replies

To current tire deals at tirerack and elsewere...base models.

Quick Reply: current tire deals at tirerack and elsewere...base models.