C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with RPI designs , any suggestions?

Old 07-17-2018, 03:25 PM
Tj25
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Problem with RPI designs , any suggestions?

Long story short, ordered a wide body painted quarter panels kit from them mid april 18 ,
been 3 months and still no word regarding shipping. and to top it all off now noone is answering the phone.
been driving the car with no gas cap more than 2 weeks now because they also asked for it for paint match.

has anyone here had an experince with them as such that could help me?

i am considering to cancel this order and file a dispute with my bank.

thank you in advance

edit: finally spoke with paul who is a cool guy to deal with, he is also trying to figure out whats taking so long at the paint shop. A bit confusing i must add

Last edited by Tj25; 07-17-2018 at 04:12 PM.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:29 PM
jchappies
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

Oh man...I hope nothing is wrong. I got front splitter and spoiler getting painted/ bought from them...it's been a month now.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:32 PM
Tj25
Instructor

i spoke to a rep named Paul and he told me they'd ship in a couple days about 9 days ago or so.

last i spoke was last thursay and he said they'd ship out on monday or so.

waited not to annoy them with calls and inquiries till today which is tuesday. cant confirm anything via website or on the phone if anything is done.

very very annoying.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:36 PM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,045 Likes on 819 Posts

Never heard a bad thing about RPI, and it is Summer w/ people taking vacation.
Still, someone somehow has to conduct their business for them if principles are gone.
And 90 days w/o any word from them is not good business, IMO.
At a loss.

Guessing this'll be moved to transaction/feedback, also.
Maybe they'll reply from there.

Old 07-17-2018, 03:40 PM
Tj25
Instructor

Originally Posted by Landru
Never heard a bad thing about RPI, and it is Summer w/ people taking vacation.
Still, someone somehow has to conduct their business for them if principles are gone.
And 90 days w/o any word from them is not good business, IMO.
At a loss.

Guessing this'll be moved to transaction/feedback, also.
Maybe they'll reply from there.
well, let me clear this. sorry for the misunderstanding.
we did have communication , i mean when i placed this order it says allow us 4 to 6 weeks as its a custom part and paint.
after patiently waiting 2 months i started contacting them and they were responsive but Paul couldnt understand why paintshop was taking so long. apparently they have asked for a gascap via e-mail which i never received nor found in my junkmail folder, so i sent that in.been close to 3 weeks now since they received the gas cap for paint match.

i am at loss of words at this point what could be the culprit. jeez
The following users liked this post:
Landru (07-18-2018)
Old 07-17-2018, 04:09 PM
1968swbbigblock
Drifting

Received 200 Likes on 161 Posts

TJ - take a cruise to the feedback section of corvetteforum.com and you will find the answers to all of your questions and more.
This is all quite common & nothing new for RPI
Everyone should spend at least one day a week on the feedback forum - leave good and bad feedback for those that you do business with.
Always check for the latest on feedback before you buy from anyone.
Always check the cancelation and return policy of any vendor that you are looking to do business with - all of these will save you some heartache and break in the long run

Good Luck
The following 3 users liked this post by 1968swbbigblock:
AORoads (07-18-2018), Jodie (01-25-2021), Tj25 (07-18-2018)
Old 07-17-2018, 06:20 PM
S.C. vette
Melting Slicks

Received 314 Likes on 258 Posts

Canx the order, file complaint with CC co to get your monies back. They have 1.5 rating on yelp, leave review there. And there is a BBB in Salem, contact them and file complaints. They will light them up! Sorry, it’s just business, they’ve had you bent over the sawhorse for three months, it’s time for you to return the favor.... and forget the reacharound, they don’t deserve it!
Old 07-17-2018, 06:52 PM
Tally Ho
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Eglin AFB/ Niceville FL
Received 1,424 Likes on 773 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I've done a lot of business with RPI over the years. All of their painted items seem to take a long time to get done and shipped. Everything I have received has been very good quality and paint matched. I have found I get quicker response times emailing. Jenn is easy to reach and she did give me fair warning after I ordered my Z-ral splitter that it would be 4-6 weeks and if I did not wish to wait they would cancel my order and credit my CC. It did take the full 6 weeks and I wasn't in a hurry. The part was perfect.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:53 PM
iw172
Drifting

Location: Retired early,everyday is Saturday...Hocking Hills Ohio
Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

cancel today! you only have 90 days to file a dispute w/most cc’s. I know this for a fact. I had the same issue w/Maryland Speed and my MasterCard. good luck. Mark...
Tj25 (07-18-2018)
Old 07-17-2018, 06:57 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 894 Posts

I’ve bought multiple items from them over the years and quality was usually pretty good but it always seemed to take far longer than I thought it should take.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:59 PM
Mcrider
Le Mans Master

Received 1,038 Likes on 400 Posts

I passed on ordering parts from them based on the comments on CF.

I owned a business for 26 years and there is no reason for them not to stay in constant contact with the customer.

Failure to do so usually means money problems.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:06 PM
bruno06
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 74 Posts

I have been very fortunate. 12-15 different orders with them in the last 6 months. After 6 weeks I reach out to Jenn at their office and she tracks the issue down and resolves it, if it requires such. I had ordered some custom leather goodies and they sub that out to another vendor. After 8 weeks I reached out to Jenn and she could not get a response. Offered me a refund check and had it in 3 days.

just ordered a new front splitter the other day.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:07 PM
Rico7142
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 340 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

Ordered a trunk lid liner from them. It had been a few weeks and still nothing. Cancelled and they issued a credit to my credit card!! This wasn't even an item that required painting!! Website indicated it was in stock, still was taking over 3 weeks!!! Ordered from Mid America and received in less than a week.

Nothing further
Old 07-17-2018, 07:07 PM
03BlkZ
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 308 Likes on 186 Posts

I have been having the same issues with the. With my Carbon side skirts that I ordered May 26th. They are finally supposed to be delivered tomorrow so I hope they are good. The run around I got was let me email the paint manager then let meemail the shipping people and see what the deal is. My thoughts were get off your *** and go talk to these people and get an answer instead of email. Long story short I made a post in the transaction feedback forum but never got a response from them directly. I willnot be doing business with them anymore.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:12 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 894 Posts

Originally Posted by Rico7142
Ordered a trunk lid liner from them. It had been a few weeks and still nothing. Cancelled and they issued a credit to my credit card!! This wasn't even an item that required painting!! Website indicated it was in stock, still was taking over 3 weeks!!! Ordered from Mid America and received in less than a week.

Nothing further
It’s unfortunate that a lot of companies state items are in stock which they may be in stock “somewhere” in the world or sometimes it’s just a blatant lie.
The following 2 users liked this post by saplumr:
AORoads (07-18-2018), Rico7142 (07-17-2018)
Old 07-17-2018, 07:23 PM
Rico7142
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 340 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

Originally Posted by saplumr

It’s unfortunate that a lot of companies state items are in stock which they may be in stock “somewhere” in the world or sometimes it’s just a blatant lie.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:27 PM
449er
Race Director

Received 4,683 Likes on 2,983 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I personally have had good luck with them, sorry to see that you have an issue with RPI
Tj25 (07-18-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Problem with RPI designs , any suggestions?

Old 07-18-2018, 04:22 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,747 Likes on 4,212 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

I ordered a set of custom painted Grand Sport badges from them back on April 25th & received the message that it would take 4-5 weeks to ship - no problem. They shipped right about 5 weeks after the order but then got lost by USPS in transit. I contacted RPI & let them know it got lost & if they could submit a trace claim, instead I had to contact USPS, file a claim, contact USPS again, contact another USPS facility and the package randomly showed up on my doorstep about 9 days later. Upon opening the badges I noticed that there were several blemishes in the paint, fine scratches & a couple scuff marks. I emailed & messaged RPI here with pictures and they said it would take too long to get another set & paint them, but I could send my set back for them to fix. They said on 6/18 they would send me a return shipping label, which they snail-mailed a USPS label that took another week or so to get to me? You can generally just generate & email a shipping label. They said UPS was too expensive so they were using USPS again.

I took the badges over to the body shop that painted my hood, spoiler & parts for my wife's Jeep to see if the badges could just be buffed or polished & their paint guy said the paint was too thin that even buffing them would burn through. He recommended I send them back. Prior to my badges arriving I ordered an airbrushed shift **** (father's day gift from my son) on 6/7. This part just says it could take a little longer due to custom painting. I contacted RPI on 7/2 to check on the status & was told the airbrusher hoped to ship it out on the 13th, still haven't received a shipping update. As of today my order status still shows "processing" not even "at paint shop". I've requested the order for the shift **** be canceled and amount paid be refunded - we'll see. For the badges, 99% of people probably won't notice the paint blemishes so I'm not going to go through the hassle of sending them back waiting however long for them to fix them and then send them back to me.
Old 07-18-2018, 04:48 PM
Tj25
Instructor

RPI came through saying they’ll be shipped latest on friday. So a third shipping estimate.

i politely let them know that at this point unless these dont ship on friday and even subpar paint quality or part quality i’d rather cancel than wait for them.

Fingers crossed . Whats up with some corvette merchants man , i’ve had excelkemt experience with some then some real painy experiences with other.

They also e-mailed today tellin me they are getting shipped tomorrow. 🤷🏻*♂️🤷🏻*♂️🤷🏻*♂️
Old 07-18-2018, 06:58 PM
03BlkZ
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 308 Likes on 186 Posts

I received the rest of my parts from RPI today finally after 2 months of waiting. I have to say even though they had their shortfalls in communication and I felt down right lying I am very happy with the quality of my parts.

the splitter fit and finish was great. No modding or adjustment needed and it lined up with the factory holes. Hopefully the skirts and extensions fit a well.

Last edited by 03BlkZ; 07-18-2018 at 07:00 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Problem with RPI designs , any suggestions?