C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front skid plate wheels

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 07:29 PM
Z28ImpalaSS
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

JoeM,
Check these out from Protekt. I have them on my C6 and they work great. Also had the Fangs on a C5 that I had and they worked great too. Maybe a combination of both on your C6 would work, but I could see the cost adding up. Hope this helps.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ase-model.html
The following users liked this post:
JoeMatilda (07-21-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 10:48 PM
theandrewo
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeMatilda
Friends,

I have been enjoying the hell out of my C6 for almost a month. However, my driveway is killing the bottom of the front bumper. I've tried entering/exiting the driveway at an angle, and it helps, but it still getting a scratched bottom bumper no matter what I do. A buddy of mine just suggested these Front Skid Plate Wheels by West Coast Corvette.
Does anybody have experience with them? Are they worth buying? Any other suggestions??
Many thanks in advance.

https://www.westcoastcorvette.com/p-...te-wheels.aspx
I have those on my c6 base. Installed by previous owner. I have a pretty tricky driveway, that's very bumpy and has potholes (farmhouse in the middle of a field). I'm lowered most of the way and usually only scrape the plastic air dam. But reading that they're attached to the radiator support makes me nervous now.
JoeMatilda (07-21-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 10:48 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeMatilda
Ok, thanks for the responses.
I just got under the car and noticed that the plastic under the nose, around the spoiler, is scratched. I also noticed that the radiator supports are VERY scratched. Part of my problem now is that I can't tell which scratches are mine and which ones were made by the previous owner. My plan now is to move the car to the edge of the driveway and try to see what part is actually rubbing against the pavement. If it's the radiator supports that are touching the ground, then I will look into those "Fangs" as See5See6 suggested. If It's the plastic next to the spoiler, I will try to enter the driveway from the North instead of the South as I do now. Hopefully the different angle will help.

your suggestions have given me a couple of things to look for as well as more options. Many thanks!
I will let you know what I find out and what I do about it.
If you still can't tell, put a coat of light gray primer on the rad supports. after it dries, go in/out the driveway a couple times, see if paint is scratched. Shoot some flat/satin black on the supports to cover the gray, or scratches.
JoeMatilda (07-21-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 09:26 AM
JoeMatilda
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Z28ImpalaSS
JoeM,
Check these out from Protekt. I have them on my C6 and they work great. Also had the Fangs on a C5 that I had and they worked great too. Maybe a combination of both on your C6 would work, but I could see the cost adding up. Hope this helps.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ase-model.html

Many thanks! Another great alternative!! I like it!!
Old 07-21-2018, 09:38 AM
JoeMatilda
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 33 Posts

In the last couple of days, I've wanted to go out to the garage/driveway and figure out what part of the car is touching the ground. My DD thermometer was showing 113 degrees in the street when I got home from work... Lol
(Dont worry, it's dry heat..... NOT) hahaha. May have to wait a couple more days to figure it out. You guys are giving me some great ideas!!
Old 07-21-2018, 01:50 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Location: SacCityCorvette.com in Sacramento Ca Join us on Facebook!
Received 109 Likes on 86 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12,'13,'15,'16,'17

Just a FYI to be clear, the ProTEKt Skid Plates protect the body and the Fangs protect the Lower radiator support/Skid bars.
Thanks
Christian
Old 09-14-2022, 05:16 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Location: SacCityCorvette.com in Sacramento Ca Join us on Facebook!
Received 109 Likes on 86 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12,'13,'15,'16,'17

Bump for the Fangs!
Protect your lower radiator support/Skid plates with anti friction Fangs and only loose 1/8" of ground clearance.
Available for C5 and C6 Corvettes.
https://www.saccitycorvette.com/C6-Fangs.html

Thank you ,
Christian

Quick Reply: Front skid plate wheels