C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test drove a c7 stingray

Old 07-25-2018, 12:49 PM
GS982
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 200 Posts
Finalist 2021 C3 of the Year - Modified
C3 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
C6 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by stt816
nobody else gets what I mean about the driving experience? I feel like on the c5 and c6 you see more windshield and it feels more go kart like. This ( the c7) felt more similar to my Camaro SS
Agreed, I don't know if I follow about the windshield, but the C7 has become so refined that IMO it takes away from the driving experience. C5s and C6s are more "go kart like" in the way they drive, steer, brake and overall feel.
Old 07-25-2018, 12:51 PM
cgladish
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 446 Likes on 336 Posts
Default c6 vs c7

Originally Posted by stt816
lol I like how 1/2 the comments in my thread are about something completely irrelevant and off-topic..is this how most threads go once mentioning the c6 vs c7?
like most things in life, and these posts too, it's like a game of "telephone". if you follow the first comment to the last, you've had several different issued addressed along the way. after a few days, it's usually time for a new topic anyways.
still entertaining though

Old 07-25-2018, 02:03 PM
BlackMamba89
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by windyC6
It would be interesting to see just how many people would swap their C-6 straight up for a C-7 if given that gifted opportunity......
Are there stipulations, like you have to keep the C7? If not, then yeah, I would do it, then sell the C7, and buy a C6 with extra money to spare, lol.

I assume that was not the spirit of your question. For me, I never even really looked at or cared about anything regarding 1LT/2LT/3LT/4LT or any performance upgrades. I just wanted C6, black inside/out, low mileage, and good condition. For me, I think Corvettes are nice cars and the C6 has been my preferred model since they came out (C5 before that). So if I could only have one, at the end of the day, I'm keeping my C6. (more to follow below)

Originally Posted by dvilin
Wow talk about denial, living in the past, silly excuses, etc. etc. The C7 is better than the C6 in every way. The C6 was the best but you can not stop or be blind to positive change. Now bash away I am done and out of here the land of I love my round tail lights.
Yea....that was kinda my intention with my initial question/scenario. To weed out the bias and in denial. The bias and in denial usually do a pretty good job of exposing themselves on their own. While I like my C-6 and will admit that they have a few things that I like more, I would trade mine for a C-7 in a heartbeat as long as the 7 was in just as good a shape and had the same mileage relative to year. It would also have to be my choice of color. Yes the tail lights and rear end of the 7 are an issue for me also, but I would trade that for the 7 interior which is much better than the cheapness of the 6. Let the debate roll on.....
Amazing how many people here are so dogmatic and unable to see things from a different perspective or understand that different people have tastes for different things. Personally, I think the front and profile view of the C7 is great and just as good (profile) or slightly better (front) than the C6. However, the rear is really the deal breaker for me with the C7. It's just not the classic Corvette styling that I like and enjoy. It doesn't necessarily look bad, but it's not great to me either. I understand many others (including 2 of my friends, one of which has a C7 and one of which is going to get a C7 or maybe wait for a C8, and my sig other) like the C7 more aesthetically. Nothing wrong with that and I can understand why they feel that way. I'm in NO way claiming the C6 > C7 in terms of performance, goodies, technology, etc. However, I was never really looking for that to begin with (as any Vette was going to be a nice/new/unique/cool/*insert adjective here* upgrade for me in terms of performance). As I said above, not everybody is looking for the same things or using the same criteria when looking for a vehicle. For me, it was all about aesthetics as either car would be able to go plenty fast for me.

If I were to grade the cars on aesthetics (which was my criteria) on the coupe versions (not a fan of the Verts, aesthetically):
C5/C6/C7:
Front: 7/9/10
Profile: 5/10/10
Rear: 7/10/5

You can have a completely different ranking system and that's fine, those are YOUR tastes. I'm not gonna sit here and say you are crazy because....different people have different tastes in things, lol. I will say you are acting crazy in your emotional, dogmatic reaction/view that it is impossible for anybody to legitimately prefer a C6 to a C7.
Old 07-25-2018, 03:02 PM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackMamba89
Are there stipulations, like you have to keep the C7? If not, then yeah, I would do it, then sell the C7, and buy a C6 with extra money to spare, lol.

I assume that was not the spirit of your question. For me, I never even really looked at or cared about anything regarding 1LT/2LT/3LT/4LT or any performance upgrades. I just wanted C6, black inside/out, low mileage, and good condition. For me, I think Corvettes are nice cars and the C6 has been my preferred model since they came out (C5 before that). So if I could only have one, at the end of the day, I'm keeping my C6. (more to follow below)

Amazing how many people here are so dogmatic and unable to see things from a different perspective or understand that different people have tastes for different things. Personally, I think the front and profile view of the C7 is great and just as good (profile) or slightly better (front) than the C6. However, the rear is really the deal breaker for me with the C7. It's just not the classic Corvette styling that I like and enjoy. It doesn't necessarily look bad, but it's not great to me either. I understand many others (including 2 of my friends, one of which has a C7 and one of which is going to get a C7 or maybe wait for a C8, and my sig other) like the C7 more aesthetically. Nothing wrong with that and I can understand why they feel that way. I'm in NO way claiming the C6 > C7 in terms of performance, goodies, technology, etc. However, I was never really looking for that to begin with (as any Vette was going to be a nice/new/unique/cool/*insert adjective here* upgrade for me in terms of performance). As I said above, not everybody is looking for the same things or using the same criteria when looking for a vehicle. For me, it was all about aesthetics as either car would be able to go plenty fast for me.

If I were to grade the cars on aesthetics (which was my criteria) on the coupe versions (not a fan of the Verts, aesthetically):
C5/C6/C7:
Front: 7/9/10
Profile: 5/10/10
Rear: 7/10/5

You can have a completely different ranking system and that's fine, those are YOUR tastes. I'm not gonna sit here and say you are crazy because....different people have different tastes in things, lol. I will say you are acting crazy in your emotional, dogmatic reaction/view that it is impossible for anybody to legitimately prefer a C6 to a C7.
WOOOOAAA....Hold on there Skippy. ..... Your rant is more about people having their own opinions which is always over fed in this forum....besides, "dogmatic" sounds a lot worse than bias or in denial..... In any forum, this one included, bias and in denial run thicker than molasses in winter time. Nothing really wrong with it.....but thats just the way it is. You don't want to agree with that or call it dogmatic then thats your choice....but...well...there ya have it......
Old 07-25-2018, 05:45 PM
CrvtBB
Melting Slicks

Received 133 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
I don't know, do you think GM is misrepresenting the specs?

I really doubt that.
Actual findings from a 6'3" guy: 1) C6 - plenty of leg and head room even with a helmet. 2) C7 - knees pinned against the dashboard and head sideways with helmet on with seat all of the way back and all of the way down. They may not be misrepresenting the specs, but they appear to be measuring the wrong things....

Last edited by CrvtBB; 07-25-2018 at 05:49 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Corvette_Ed (07-25-2018)
Old 07-25-2018, 05:49 PM
BlackMamba89
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

WOOOOAAA....Hold on there Skippy. ..... Your rant is more about people having their own opinions which is always over fed in this forum....besides, "dogmatic" sounds a lot worse than bias or in denial..... In any forum, this one included, bias and in denial run thicker than molasses in winter time. Nothing really wrong with it.....but thats just the way it is. You don't want to agree with that or call it dogmatic then thats your choice....but...well...there ya have it......
....what, lol? I was responding to the dogma of the guy you quoted, dvilin. His post/position is that it is, "...denial, living in the past, silly excuses, etc..." for anybody to like the C6 more than the C7. That is dogma, lol.

I was countering with valid reasons (that are my own) as to why somebody could prefer a C6 to a C7, while recognizing that the C7 is the superior performance/technology vehicle. My reasons for wanting a C6 over other models of Corvette, including the C7, are due to the aesthetics of the vehicle and nothing more (as the performance of a C5, C6, or C7 would all be plenty/more for me). I recognize that the C7 is superior in terms of performance and technology, but I like the look of the C6 more (due to the reasons outlined in my previous post).

I made no attempt to dispel any notion that there is not a LOT of bias/denial on this forum (or really, any forum or real life, tbh; we are humans, lol). The only thing I was dispelling was this dude's assertion that anybody who does not prefer the newest model is somehow living in denial and/or biased and/or delusional, etc. I fully recognize the superiority of the C7 in performance/tech, yet I still like the C6 more because of what I personally look for in a Corvette. Thus I am neither in denial, nor am I biased, nor am I delusional, yet I still prefer the C6 for valid reasons to me.

The dogma is in his thinking that his way is the only way and anybody who thinks/feels differently is obviously in denial. That's simply not true and shows a lack of critical thinking and the ability to accept that different people have different preferences.

I agree that people can be biased and never said anything to the contrary.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:43 PM
SSWEET
Race Director

Received 212 Likes on 134 Posts

In a New York minute.....I'd trade my C6 Grand Sport for a C7 Grand Sport. And that minute is coming soon.

Last edited by SSWEET; 07-27-2018 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:55 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,799 Posts

Originally Posted by SSWEET
In a New Yrok minute.....I'd trade my C6 Grand Sport for a C7 Grand Sport. And that minute is coming soon.
You think it might happen by the time you figure out how to spell "New York?"

Last edited by Corvette_Ed; 07-25-2018 at 08:56 PM.
The following users liked this post:
iw172 (07-29-2018)
Old 07-25-2018, 09:14 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 894 Posts

Originally Posted by cgladish
is it just me, or does every inquiry that somewhere along time, mentions both C6 & C7, ends up in a debate?
doesn't matter what the initial topic!
No it’s not just you. People get so defensive about whatever they’re driving right now. I say who gives a shjt.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:07 PM
CrvtBB
Melting Slicks

Received 133 Likes on 76 Posts

While I still think it looks like crap from the rear, I'd go for the C7 - can't deny it is a better car than the C6. However, it just is not comfortable for me and there's no way around it. Oh well. In the meantime I'll continue to enjoy the C6 with absolutely no regrets.
Old 07-26-2018, 12:24 AM
gradywhite931127
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts

Who remembers when the comparison between the c5z06 and the c6 were that the c5z felt more raw and offered the best bang for your performance buck? Now it seems the c6 is taking that throne
Old 07-26-2018, 12:55 AM
LV Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

I have a stock C6 ZO6, and have driven a stock C7 ZO6. Overall, I would like my C6 with the power of the C7. The handling of both far exceed my driving abilities. I like everything about both of them. They are different, but excel in their own way. If it made financial sense to me, I would get a C7 ZO6 or a C7 ZR1, but it would take awhile to get used to the C7 taillights. In my dreams, a 67 427/435 HP, with A/C, which they didn’t make would be my ultimate choice!
Old 07-26-2018, 07:44 AM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,235 Likes on 703 Posts

Originally Posted by gradywhite931127
Who remembers when the comparison between the c5z06 and the c6 were that the c5z felt more raw and offered the best bang for your performance buck? Now it seems the c6 is taking that throne
So, if the C5Z was better than a C6, and a C6 is a better than a C7, shouldn't people still be looking at the C5's.....
Old 07-26-2018, 07:53 AM
gradywhite931127
Pro

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
So, if the C5Z was better than a C6, and a C6 is a better than a C7, shouldn't people still be looking at the C5's.....
Lol exactly! I mean by that logic.. but truthfully I love the c7 but my immediate first reaction when it came out was wow I hate how Camaro-like those tail lights are. Everything else to me seemed like a pretty nice upgrade, however upon first sight of the c6 I fell in love. Just a preference but I feel better about a c6 than I do a c7
Old 07-26-2018, 08:30 AM
GARYFINN
Team Owner

Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that
Received 1,142 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by Welker1
There are those, to include myself who have test drove the C7s and prefer the C6 over it for a multitude of reasons, least of not which is the overall looks and 'feel' in the driver's seat. There are number of us who don't care for the looks of the C7. I, along with other's, also feel 'cramped in' and less comfortable driving the C7 in comparison to the C6. Don't get me wrong, the C7 is an awesome vehicle in regards to performance, it's just not for me and I won't be giving up my C6 anytime soon … maybe when and if the mid engine ever comes out.
DITTO !!!!!!!
Old 07-26-2018, 08:42 AM
GS982
Burning Brakes

2018 C6 of Year Finalist

All C6s and C7s are trash because they don't have pop up headlights!
Old 07-26-2018, 08:49 AM
gradywhite931127
Pro

Originally Posted by GS982
All C6s and C7s are trash because they don't have pop up headlights!
Lol I had a c4 1987 and loved those headlights!!! They can be a pain in the rear though if they malfunction.

Get notified of new replies

To Test drove a c7 stingray

Old 07-26-2018, 08:51 AM
GS982
Burning Brakes

2018 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by gradywhite931127

Lol I had a c4 1987 and loved those headlights!!! They can be a pain in the rear though if they malfunction.
Agreed, I had to convert my C3 to electric just so I could get it inspected.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:58 PM
449er
Race Director

Received 4,685 Likes on 2,984 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I'll keep my C6 thank you
Old 07-27-2018, 09:37 AM
Wallacefl
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 449er
I'll keep my C6 thank you
I just cannot get over the rear end of the C7 and it seems most car designers except Ferrari and Porche have infused the Oragami on LSD look into their new offerings...we need a step backwards in my opinion.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Test drove a c7 stingray