C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanting to call shotgun on headlights

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 11:10 PM
Beef97
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Wanting to call shotgun on headlights

I know quite a few members on here are looking forward to receiving their new C7 style headlights from various distributors. I was wondering what everyone was planning on doing with their old ones and if they are wanting to sell a set of black headlights, I'm interested! Don't quite like the new ones enough to spend 1K on them but figuring quite a few people will be selling their old ones and prices might be good to pick up a set. Just wondering! Good luck with the new headlights, hope to see some pictures soon!
Old 07-31-2018, 11:47 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Are that many C6 owners who, all of a sudden, are replacing their C6 headlights with C7 ones?

Old 07-31-2018, 11:54 PM
JockamoIPA
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by owc6
Are that many C6 owners who, all of a sudden, are replacing their C6 headlights with C7 ones?

Not actual C7, but the Morimoto C7-style headlights that fit right into the C6 cavities. They hit the market this month (July). Based on the threads by the 3 forum vendors, there have been quite a few (including myself) who have already made the switch.
Attached Images      

Last edited by JockamoIPA; 07-31-2018 at 11:55 PM.
Old 08-01-2018, 12:00 AM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

I don't want to be super-critical, but all those panel gaps look wrong, the gaps on the headlight cavities didn't look good either.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a good product installed meticulously, but that just does not look right. Something to consider before you do this.
The following 4 users liked this post by owc6:
marinablu67 (08-03-2018), Mojave Dave (08-01-2018), rajahhindi (08-02-2018), Welker1 (08-01-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 12:02 AM
JockamoIPA
Racer

Originally Posted by owc6
I don't want to be super-critical, but all those panel gaps look wrong, the gaps on the headlight cavities didn't look good either.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a good product installed meticulously, but that just does not look right.
It's ok. I'm good with the install. Thanks!
Old 08-01-2018, 12:16 AM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

I have have to agree with the above post.
Not a fan of them.
The fitment just seems way off to me.
Seems like a lot of gap
but that’s me.
My own personal take.

for me if I want those cool lights. I’ll get a c7.

But side note note to the op. You should be able to find some lights soon.
Id put up a WTB add.

Old 08-01-2018, 12:43 AM
JockamoIPA
Racer

Originally Posted by ptroxx
I have have to agree with the above post.
Not a fan of them.
The fitment just seems way off to me.
Seems like a lot of gap
but that’s me.
My own personal take.

for me if I want those cool lights. I’ll get a c7.

But side note note to the op. You should be able to find some lights soon.
Id put up a WTB add.

So your issue isn't completely with the gaps? You don't care for them regardless, is that correct?
Old 08-01-2018, 12:47 AM
ptroxx
Race Director

Originally Posted by JockamoIPA
So your issue isn't completely with the gaps? You don't care for them regardless, is that correct?
no originally it was the lights them self. Not my style on a C6.
C7 yes. But they just look outta place on the c6.

And now now that I’ve seen a few installs yes the gaps as well.
and from my understanding they use bigger thicker gaskets surrounding the lights to fill the gaps some.
so for me it’s a no. For others I’d wait a while for the second or third try at fitments.

But again that’s just me. One person. I see a lot of people like them. So. To each their own.
Old 08-01-2018, 12:51 AM
ptroxx
Race Director

The following users liked this post:
ed.john (08-01-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 01:02 AM
JockamoIPA
Racer

no originally it was the lights them self. Not my style on a C6.
C7 yes. But they just look outta place on the c6.

And now now that I’ve seen a few installs yes the gaps as well.
and from my understanding they use bigger thicker gaskets surrounding the lights to fill the gaps some.
so for me it’s a no. For others I’d wait a while for the second or third try at fitments.

But again that’s just me. One person. I see a lot of people like them. So. To each their own.
Fair enough. I was just wondering if you were opposed to the lights in general. I disagree. I think they keep the C6 relevant and modern. To some extent, it's the best of both worlds. I love the headlights on the C7, but hate, absolutely hate, the taillights and just can't get used to them. I was going to make the switch to a C7 Stingray Z51, but I just can't get used to the tails. I think they look ok on the wider body GS and Z06, but those are out of my price range at this time.

The gaps are probably my fault. I still have to do final adjustments to the units. I just wanted to get the old ones swapped out before going out of town. When I get back I plan on adjusting them so they're seated flush with the body. Otherwise, I'm happy with them in the interim.

Thanks!
Old 08-01-2018, 01:05 AM
ptroxx
Race Director

Im sure I time someone will come up with a tail section for the C7 with c6 tail lights.
And remeber you heard it here first lol.

Originally Posted by JockamoIPA
Fair enough. I was just wondering if you were opposed to the lights in general. I disagree. I think they keep the C6 relevant and modern. To some extent, it's the best of both worlds. I love the headlights on the C7, but hate, absolutely hate, the taillights and just can't get used to them. I was going to make the switch to a C7 Stingray Z51, but I just can't get used to the tails. I think they look ok on the wider body GS and Z06, but those are out of my price range at this time.

The gaps are probably my fault. I still have to do final adjustments to the units. I just wanted to get the old ones swapped out before going out of town. When I get back I plan on adjusting them so they're seated flush with the body. Otherwise, I'm happy with them in the interim.

Thanks!
Old 08-01-2018, 01:15 AM
ptroxx
Race Director

To to be fair. These are place a lot better. Andlook much neater.
So yeas you have some tweaking to do.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:27 AM
jackjohnson_218
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 86 Posts

To to be fair. These are place a lot better. Andlook much neater.
So yeas you have some tweaking to do.
They look really good especially on black.

Last edited by jackjohnson_218; 08-01-2018 at 01:28 AM.
Old 08-01-2018, 03:21 AM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

IMO, C7 lines don’t look good on a C6. A C6 is all about curves and the C7 is more about angles. The two don’t mix well. It’s either one or the other in my opinion.

Last edited by TorchRedFred; 08-01-2018 at 03:22 AM.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:21 AM
airmed2
Drifting

Received 308 Likes on 190 Posts

Those eye brows are a fad. Some look horrible, like the ones on some Ford pickup trucks...in the shape of a "C" that looks awful; light straight fluorescent lights. It's funny that auto manufacturers get on these kicks and think all cars have to have them. Each tries to out due the other in designing something unique. And the public buys into it, and the trend continues.

Last edited by airmed2; 08-01-2018 at 09:08 AM.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:59 AM
Fastoldguy
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Every time there's some major change, the next thing you know some "part" of it has been transformed over to the previous generation. A word to the Wise, if you have to try to make your C6 look C7ish, KEEP THE ORIGINAL HEAD LIGHTS. When you go to sell it, it's going to be worth more money with the Original Lights.

.02$
Old 08-01-2018, 09:33 AM
Iceman007
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

They look pretty cool except where that rubber section on the passenger light looks kinda off. The one light switch I don't like is when people put the clear headlights on the C5s, man that looks terrible imo! The popup headlights on the C5 and the hidden smooth look when they are closed has always been one of my favorite things I love about them!

Get notified of new replies

To Wanting to call shotgun on headlights

Old 08-01-2018, 10:54 AM
ben z
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

I was seriously considering getting these lights but after seeing a few installs I realized something looks off to me, and it's that the vertical part of the DRL hockey stick sits so far inboard. If I had designed it that vertical part would be where the turn signals are, i.e. at the outer edge, and would have used bi-color LEDs so that vertical part would be white as DRL but turn orange when used as a turn signal. But if I had gone with them I would definitely have kept the old lights in case I went to sell the car, to include appealing to buyers who want the OEM look.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:05 AM
lbzraptor
Drifting

Received 85 Likes on 66 Posts

I get it that some people don't like the new headlights and that is fine. If everyone liked the same thing there would only be one car and one color. However I believe if they had seen my old headlights all pitted, crazed and cloudy they would definitely think these were an improvement. I did not know if I would like them on my car being as it is red but after install it was like "WOW",
Old 08-01-2018, 11:12 AM
Jeff T.
Race Director

Received 1,090 Likes on 797 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Reading the above posts I see it mentioned that the headlight pods can be adjusted. My new to me C6 lights could use a tweak.

Is there a guideline on to to adjust them?? Thanks.

Quick Reply: Wanting to call shotgun on headlights