C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upstream 02 oxygen sensor.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 11:28 PM
walidaziz11
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Upstream 02 oxygen sensor.

So I installed American racing headers and off road x pipe on my 08 c6. I made my own extentions using wire for my upstream 02 sensors. The car has been running rough “bogging, sputtering ect”. I’m sure the wiring I did probably didn’t work or I cross plugged the 02 oxygen sensors. I bought new 02 sensors and actuall extentions. Do the 02 sensors have to be “right” and “left” specific? Or can you just plug them in normally? And if so is there anything to look for to tell the difference between right and left 02 sensors? Thanks.
Old 08-08-2018, 12:42 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Did you buy used ?? Just curious as to why they didn't give you the extensions with the headers ??
I don't think there is a "right or left" but then when we did mine they did go back in the same side so I cant say for sure. As finicky as these cars are when it comes to wiring and such I wouldn't doubt that your "homemade" extensions are the problem
Good luck
NSF
Old 08-08-2018, 07:00 PM
walidaziz11
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

yes bought the headers used therefore no extentions. So no sure way of telling if its specific? id imagine its the same?
Old 08-08-2018, 07:17 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Why not look them up and see if they state left or right for buying purposes ?
Im gonna guess its the homemade extensions, nothing else makes any sense. Cant cost too much to buy a set from the manufacturer of the headers. Maybe check with some of our gurus such as Blindspot etc., he'll know for sure
NSF

Get notified of new replies

To Upstream 02 oxygen sensor.

Quick Reply: Upstream 02 oxygen sensor.