C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on value of this vette

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 01:30 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by sixtysixtom

yes and kbb has it for 37- 40.8k, with the ave. being 38.9k.

tom
In my area Edmunds is the most accurate of of the 3 most used as a guesstimating tool
Old 08-11-2018, 01:31 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

It may be a CE but it isn't even a 4LT version. I agree with the $36k quotes around here. Seller is asking for Z06 type money. Very few C6s are rare.

Wheel/tire combo is not my style, especially the tires. Advertise that you have crap Goodyears when there are better performing options available today. If they are the stock Goodyears then they are probably getting near the end of their life and are over 6 years old.
The following users liked this post:
kronix (08-11-2018)
Old 08-11-2018, 01:39 PM
myredhead1
Melting Slicks

Received 431 Likes on 356 Posts

Regardless of what the owner is asking, he has documented most of his mods by video on the forum. If you search for them, it may give you an indication of how well this beauty was cared for. Good luck in your search and please do keep us posted. Side note-I love the carbon flash metallic color so much that I had my machine silver roof and halo painted with it.
sixtysixtom (08-11-2018)
Old 08-11-2018, 08:46 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

Originally Posted by TorchRedFred

He’s also a forum member and has it listed in the for sale section so let’s not be too harsh. But yes, I do agree it is overpriced for a GS. I would say $37-40k to someone who really wanted it and needed a well taken care of CE. But that is tops, IMO. The wheels are not for me but the car looks great overall and well cared for. Unfortunately you don’t really get your money back on mods, and I think the owner is factoring in the mods into the selling price.
Fred, I understand why you are saying that, but when a person lists a car, we agree not to interfere in the sale. That does not carry over into advising another member, who requested the info, if we are not doing so in the "for sale" section. I wish I did not know it was for sale on the forum so that I could say what i really think about the price...
Old 08-11-2018, 10:40 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by buckmeister2
Fred, I understand why you are saying that, but when a person lists a car, we agree not to interfere in the sale. That does not carry over into advising another member, who requested the info, if we are not doing so in the "for sale" section. I wish I did not know it was for sale on the forum so that I could say what i really think about the price...
I agree with what you are saying. I was only referring to Kronix's "he's smoking crack!" comment. I just wanted to give the guys responding the heads up that it belongs to a fellow forum member before someone said something that could be considered offensive. I have been known to have foot in mouth disease myself. Just wanted to spare someone else from the affliction.

To the OP, if you like the car make an offer. It does look like a nice car that is just overpriced right now, IMO. But it is also a good sign that the owner values his car and probably took good care of it. To be honest, the first owner of my car was originally asking $10k more for the car than what I ended up purchasing it for. If you are patient, I'm sure the asking price will start making it's way down to a more reasonable figure.

Last edited by TorchRedFred; 08-11-2018 at 10:40 PM.
sixtysixtom (08-12-2018)
Old 08-12-2018, 11:15 AM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by buckmeister2
I was reprimanded for putting "WHEW" emoji in a thread about a price that wasn't even in the for sale section, it was in general discussion, didn't think I had violated the code but I guess I did so be careful
NSF
Old 08-12-2018, 07:41 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

Fred made a good point for the OP. No harm in telling the seller that you would be interested if he ever drops the price closer to $XX. Give the seller something to think about...
Old 08-12-2018, 08:20 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,444 Likes on 2,802 Posts

It's a clean car with a good bit of mods to it. To someone who wants the mods, that adds value. It's a rare car that people like. I dont think he's out of his mind at 46k, the right buyer would see it as a deal for a clean, low mile car with mods they want.

IMO, the car is 43 to 44k real world selling price. People will say "well kbb this" and "CEs dont add value I could buy one in this or that color for this little", or "that's ragged out ugly c7 money" or "I could buy a 6 year older z06 for that". Bottom line is, that may be true to some, but this car has a buyer that doesn't care about those things. This car puts down z06 power, with a more reliable engine, takes the roof off, and isnt 70k like a CE z06, assu.ing you find one of those.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:26 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,626 Likes on 2,348 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Not So Fast
...didn't think I had violated the code but I guess I did so be careful...
Jeez, what we got some hurty feelings somewhere? It's too confusing to me. I thought you could speak your mind on the forum, especially when answering a posed question. Sorry if I stepped on...nah, buff up.
Maybe I need a time out.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:38 PM
sixtysixtom
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

Thank you to all who responded. I think we can end this conversation. I have made my decision and will let the seller know tomorrow. I’ll let you all know the decision after I deal with the seller. I don’t want him to see it here in case he happens to read this commentary on his vette.
Tom
Old 08-13-2018, 08:56 AM
sixtysixtom
Racer

Thank you to all who responded. I think we can end this conversation. I have made my decision and will let the seller know tomorrow. I’ll let you all know the decision after I deal with the seller. I don’t want him to see it here in case he happens to read this commentary on his vette.
Tom
Hi,
I decided not to purchase.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:08 PM
S.C. vette
Melting Slicks

Received 314 Likes on 258 Posts

Hi,
I decided not to purchase.
there will be others...
Old 08-13-2018, 12:23 PM
919cw313
Le Mans Master

Received 2,683 Likes on 1,408 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

^ Yup. There's always another one.
Old 08-13-2018, 06:10 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,444 Likes on 2,802 Posts

OP, good luck in your search.

It's funny, people have these expectations of these cars to be perfect. They want the car that has every record for gas showing 93 from shell. They want UoA for every oil change done yearly despite having 10k miles. They want to buy the car that needs nothing, has everything, and could be a time capsule car.

But then when that sort of car is for sale, the forum says its overpriced and should be priced like the cheapest car on craigslist that has a shot stain on the seat and is missing parts. Ain't that some ****? Not directed at the OP, it may just not be the car for him, just a comment about how the forum behaves in general.

Last edited by FAUEE; 08-13-2018 at 06:11 PM.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:51 PM
sixtysixtom
Racer

Originally Posted by FAUEE
OP, good luck in your search.

It's funny, people have these expectations of these cars to be perfect. They want the car that has every record for gas showing 93 from shell. They want UoA for every oil change done yearly despite having 10k miles. They want to buy the car that needs nothing, has everything, and could be a time capsule car.

But then when that sort of car is for sale, the forum says its overpriced and should be priced like the cheapest car on craigslist that has a shot stain on the seat and is missing parts. Ain't that some ****? Not directed at the OP, it may just not be the car for him, just a comment about how the forum behaves in general.
Don’t get me wrong, I loved this car, but there were other considerations involved in my final decision.
Tom

Quick Reply: Thoughts on value of this vette