C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch pedal

Old 08-15-2018, 06:44 PM
crank grinder
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch pedal

I have a 2011 Grand Sport Corvette. I push in the clutch pedal an hit start nothing. Release clutch pedal push it in again hit start an it starts. Any ideas?
Old 08-15-2018, 06:48 PM
LMB-Z
Le Mans Master

Received 441 Likes on 395 Posts

Does it always do this? I would check fob batteries and car battery first. Make sure you are pushing the clutch pedal ALL the way to the floor.

Miles on car? Any mods?
Old 08-15-2018, 07:03 PM
crank grinder
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LMB-Z
Does it always do this? I would check fob batteries and car battery first. Make sure you are pushing the clutch pedal ALL the way to the floor.

Miles on car? Any mods?
5,000 miles changed both fob and car battery no mods does not always do this
Old 08-15-2018, 07:55 PM
Powershift
Race Director

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,307 Posts

Originally Posted by LMB-Z

Miles on car? Any mods?
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Larry
Old 08-15-2018, 09:17 PM
dpigguy
Safety Car

Received 147 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by crank grinder

5,000 miles changed both fob and car battery no mods does not always do this
check the peddle pivot under the dash. Should be a switch/sensor that signals that clutch is in and ready to start. It might be off center and loose.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Konadog06
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Somewhere in the later years of the C6 they started using a clutch position sensor instead of what used to be called a neutral safety switch. The clutch position sensor is located up near the top of the clutch pedal itself. They are incredibly sensitive and in most cases need to be set at the dealer with their equipment once out of sync.
Since you are asking I would recommend not messing with it as the slightest nudge in the wrong direction will prevent the car from starting at all. It should not be a big deal for someone knowledgeable with the right equipment to address.
This may not be the issue but is a possibility.
Bill
FL
Old 08-16-2018, 05:16 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,001 Likes on 2,166 Posts

Yep, may just need a Clutch pedal potion switch relearn, or could be the bottom clutch pedal switch needs to be replaced, then relearned as well. Hence the switch, like the brake pedal switch is a ohm reading kind of thing, and it value learned to the BCM when depressed, so the BCM learns the Ohm readings of the switch in play.

I would start with just disconnecting the connector, removing the switch via pulling it to the left to give it and the connector a good cleaning, and if that does not solve the problem, then easy enough to install a new switch and do a clutch pedal relearn to the BCM with a tech II.

Look the red wires which is the connector for the switch under the pedal on the floor board.

Last edited by Dano523; 08-16-2018 at 05:22 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Clutch pedal

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Clutch pedal