C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help - convertible / window problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 07:23 AM
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Help - convertible / window problem

Good Morning,
Car is a 06 vert

I'm having some issues with my passenger window. I believe it's getting caught somewhere not allowing it to go down.

Some things to note -
Problems didn't start consistently until I recently had window tint put on. It did it once in a blue moon before but the window would still index and drop with the top.
Previous owner installed a lambo door kit on the car. (my thinking is something isn't aligned correctly but again it was working fine up until recently)

- Will not go down when top is up. I have to open the door a little for it to go down
- If windows are up and I lift the top off both windows are supposed to drop. It doesn't do it. Again requiring me to open the door.
- Window will not index. Driver side works fine
- When It does go down it makes a pretty awful screeching sound.

My plan is to take it back to the tint shop since the problems didn't develop until after that. I have to go back anyways since there is a small bubble in the tint itself.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:36 AM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by 703
Good Morning,
Car is a 06 vert

I'm having some issues with my passenger window. I believe it's getting caught somewhere not allowing it to go down.

Some things to note -
Problems didn't start consistently until I recently had window tint put on. It did it once in a blue moon before but the window would still index and drop with the top.
Previous owner installed a lambo door kit on the car. (my thinking is something isn't aligned correctly but again it was working fine up until recently)

- Will not go down when top is up. I have to open the door a little for it to go down
- If windows are up and I lift the top off both windows are supposed to drop. It doesn't do it. Again requiring me to open the door.
- Window will not index. Driver side works fine
- When It does go down it makes a pretty awful screeching sound.

My plan is to take it back to the tint shop since the problems didn't develop until after that. I have to go back anyways since there is a small bubble in the tint itself.
with the screeching sound its probably time for a new window regulator
Old 08-20-2018, 12:44 AM
Pro

Bump
Old 08-20-2018, 01:34 AM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Does the top cycle normally? If so, then the car thinks the windows are properly indexed, but it couldn't hurt to re-index them to make sure. The screeching sound makes me think they aren't aligned properly, but why this should have happened when the window tint was put on? Did they take the door panels off to better access the entire window when they installed the tint?
Old 08-20-2018, 05:02 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by owc6
Does the top cycle normally? If so, then the car thinks the windows are properly indexed, but it couldn't hurt to re-index them to make sure. The screeching sound makes me think they aren't aligned properly, but why this should have happened when the window tint was put on? Did they take the door panels off to better access the entire window when they installed the tint?
Top Functions as it should.
They did not remove the door panels.

I tested the window itself with the top down and it goes up and down fine leading me to believe it's getting hung up on the top somehow.

Get notified of new replies

To Help - convertible / window problem

Quick Reply: Help - convertible / window problem