C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

duraflex stingray bumper

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 06:57 PM
Dmillay8
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default duraflex stingray bumper

Hey guys,

I'm looking to purchase my first corvette, likely the 2008 base model here very soon. I'm going to add several mods over time, but I'd like to take care of the aesthetics before I touch the performance stuff. I've seen a ton of info about z06/zr1 body kits, but does anyone have any pictures or any information on the duraflex stingray bumper other than what I have attached? I've searched the hell out of google and can only find one photo (excluding the photoshopped picture they use for their product display) of a grayish corvette with barely any information about it. I guess I was hoping to find a post showing the complete conversion. Also with this new bumper I will obviously lose my fog lights, but is there a way to connect the fog lights to an LED light strip to put into the grill like the last photo I have uploaded with this? Not a necessity but I thought it would be pretty cool to add that touch. I'm planning on buying the Morimoto XB LED headlights and would like to complete the "facelift" with the bumper but I can't find any photos that shows different angles or literally anything else about it. Maybe I'm just searching with the wrong key words? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

These are the LED's I'm talking about in the grille

Last edited by Dmillay8; 08-19-2018 at 07:01 PM.
Old 08-19-2018, 08:51 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Are you certain that is a real legit bumper? If you can’t find any reputable source that should be a immediate red flag.

Last edited by saplumr; 08-19-2018 at 08:57 PM.
Old 08-19-2018, 08:56 PM
Dmillay8
8th Gear

Originally Posted by saplumr
Are you certain that is a real legit bumper?
yep, I've seen it on the Duraflex website as well as CARiD
Old 08-20-2018, 12:45 PM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

If I were you I would do a search on duraflex quality. It is crap and you will have nothing but headaches with getting it to fit right. I would not waste time or money on it.
Just my opinion and multiple others out there.
The following users liked this post:
Dmillay8 (08-20-2018)
Old 08-20-2018, 12:48 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,887 Likes on 1,910 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by mcandrew67
If I were you I would do a search on duraflex quality. It is crap and you will have nothing but headaches with getting it to fit right. I would not waste time or money on it.
Just my opinion and multiple others out there.
Not to mention it's fugly.
Old 08-20-2018, 01:52 PM
Shikaitsu
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts

I purchased a Duraflex Z06 front bumper for my base model, the fit and finish was... subpar. And that's being generous. A local bodyshop wanted well more than the bumper was worth just to make it fit. I eventually cut my losses and bought a Z06 front bumper and grandsport fenders as that was the most cost effective OEM widebody option and the fit was perfect, you just have to buy the GM extended fender liners and a few other odds and ends. I would stay away from duraflex unless you enjoy headaches.
The following users liked this post:
Dmillay8 (08-20-2018)
Old 08-20-2018, 09:23 PM
Dmillay8
8th Gear

Originally Posted by wayback
Not to mention it's fugly.

This is a horrible photoshop effort, but I think it would look good once everything was installed...headlights, bumper, LED light strips, emblem and hood. I have a buddy that runs a body shop so I'm not too worried about the cost of body work (thats why I'm considering this in the first place). Fitment would just be my main issue, I definitely don't want it to look cheap. I just love everything about the c6 except for the front
Old 08-20-2018, 09:36 PM
Dmillay8
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Shikaitsu
I purchased a Duraflex Z06 front bumper for my base model, the fit and finish was... subpar. And that's being generous. A local bodyshop wanted well more than the bumper was worth just to make it fit. I eventually cut my losses and bought a Z06 front bumper and grandsport fenders as that was the most cost effective OEM widebody option and the fit was perfect, you just have to buy the GM extended fender liners and a few other odds and ends. I would stay away from duraflex unless you enjoy headaches.
That's the answer I was afraid of ...But you would definitely go with OEM over the various "complete" zo6/zr1/gs body kits for sale online? I know I wouldn't have any fitment issues if I went that route, but I'm almost afraid to price check an OEM conversion...
Old 08-20-2018, 09:41 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by Dmillay8
That's the answer I was afraid of ...But you would definitely go with OEM over the various "complete" zo6/zr1/gs body kits for sale online? I know I wouldn't have any fitment issues if I went that route, but I'm almost afraid to price check an OEM conversion...
I did my complete body conversion probably 13 years ago. Was a little pricey but every part was a perfect fit.
Old 08-21-2018, 04:27 PM
05 Wreck
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts
Default American Custom Industries

Check ACI online. They have wide body conversions and the front fenders you can use your base front bumper. If you want the complete Z06 look, I would definitely stick with OEM.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:05 AM
Shikaitsu
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts

The OEM pieces are less expensive than you think, but I'm an administrator for a dealer group that happens to own a Chevy store so I get everything at cost. In my opinion it's worth the little money extra over aftermarket to have no worries and a quality finish.
Old 08-23-2018, 08:12 AM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,887 Likes on 1,910 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

This is a horrible photoshop effort, but I think it would look good once everything was installed...headlights, bumper, LED light strips, emblem and hood. I have a buddy that runs a body shop so I'm not too worried about the cost of body work (thats why I'm considering this in the first place). Fitment would just be my main issue, I definitely don't want it to look cheap. I just love everything about the c6 except for the front
Still fugly IMHO. Grill looks like it has teeth and bad Dracula fangs.

Get notified of new replies

To duraflex stingray bumper

Quick Reply: duraflex stingray bumper