C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cannot open doors

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 10:12 PM
NY09C6
Le Mans Master

Received 627 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette_DD

Local Chevy dealer where I've bought 14 cars in the 38 years he's been in business has never opened on Sunday.
Glad to see it.

When me and my wife try to have lunch on a Sunday and there is a 1hr wait for families dressed in their Sunday best it brings a smile to my face.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:30 AM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by owc6
Silly me, using logic to deduce that when someone posts on a Sunday and says "today" that they mean Sunday.

And you might want to look up blue laws for car sales on Sundays. Many states outright outlaw them still.
Sorry Girl,but i don't see where he posted on a Sunday...Clue me in where to look on his post....Hell some of the threads on here where five years ago and I felt like a dummy when some member said it......Down here there is no blue law just the red and white law...Lol
Old 08-21-2018, 12:49 AM
CorvetteBrent
Burning Brakes

Received 320 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Cherokee Nation
Sorry Girl,but i don't see where he posted on a Sunday...Clue me in where to look on his post....Hell some of the threads on here where five years ago and I felt like a dummy when some member said it......Down here there is no blue law just the red and white law...Lol
In the brownish-red bar atop each post, on the very left side of the bar, you can see where the OP posted "Yesterday 10:03 PM". That would obviously have been Sunday. Keep in mind that posting times are recorded reflecting Pacific Standard Time, zone, not the Eastern Standard Time Zone.
The following users liked this post:
Cherokee Nation (08-21-2018)
Old 08-21-2018, 12:57 AM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by NY09C6
Not in the south. Sunday is holy day. Many businesses are closed.
I don't' live in the South..There are no holy days here that I have seen.I live outside of the city and every day is the same shooting, robberies,break ins and everything in between.
Old 08-21-2018, 03:11 PM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

Car dealers are about the only thing thats still closed Sundays around here in the show-me state.
Old 08-21-2018, 03:58 PM
pdac
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

Very easy to call a dealer and ask them......
What the hell is the point of this forum if when someone asks a legitimate question you direct them to the dealership? I guess every thread should be about GS vs Base and Manual vs A6. Christ, it's amazing how awful most of the people on this forum are.

Last edited by pdac; 08-21-2018 at 04:04 PM. Reason: felt bad
Old 08-22-2018, 12:08 AM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by CorvetteBrent
In the brownish-red bar atop each post, on the very left side of the bar, you can see where the OP posted "Yesterday 10:03 PM". That would obviously have been Sunday. Keep in mind that posting times are recorded reflecting Pacific Standard Time, zone, not the Eastern Standard Time Zone.
Oh yes, I seen where it was 10:03 PM...The problem is that i did not know it was Sunday...Hell every day of the week feels like a Monday to me when you have been retired for 12 years and i don't have a calendar around.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:13 AM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Oh yes, I seen where it was 10:03 PM...The problem is that i did not know it was Sunday...Hell every day of the week feels like a Monday to me when you have been retired for 12 years and i don't have a calendar around.
I forgive you.

All's good, CN.

We have better things to hash out here than when a post was actually posted.

UNLESS someone dredges one up for no reason from six or eight years ago.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:28 AM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by pdac
What the hell is the point of this forum if when someone asks a legitimate question you direct them to the dealership? I guess every thread should be about GS vs Base and Manual vs A6. Christ, it's amazing how awful most of the people on this forum are.
I guess you would of directed him to call the Pope.I'm made many calls to the dealer for a part # or?..Apparently he doesn't have a friend with a vette that could help him.Did you chime in to help???
Old 08-22-2018, 12:35 AM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by owc6
I forgive you.

All's good, CN.

We have better things to hash out here than when a post was actually posted.

UNLESS someone dredges one up for no reason from six or eight years ago.
You got that right. I never look at that red bar. Time!!
Old 08-22-2018, 09:24 AM
windyC6
Safety Car

The base is faster....
Old 08-22-2018, 09:47 AM
pdac
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

I guess you would of directed him to call the Pope.I'm made many calls to the dealer for a part # or?..Apparently he doesn't have a friend with a vette that could help him.Did you chime in to help???
I honestly have no idea what you're talking about (the pope?) but I stand by my initial statement. If you can't ask questions about your C6 on the C6 forum, what's the point of the forum?
Honestly, I'm asking so I don't post the wrong thing and face the wrath.

Last edited by pdac; 08-22-2018 at 09:48 AM.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:52 AM
Jimmy W1
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by HBsurfer
"Today I was trapped in my 2012 GS".

So you didn't even know about the big manual door release handles on the floor right next to both seats?? Wow.
You really need to read the manual.

Hey!! My buddy went Corvette shopping years ago on a Sunday. He climbed into a corvette on the showroom floor and closed the door. The battery was dead and he couldn't get the door open. He wasn't a corvette owner at the time so he had no idea how to get out. And the salesmen didn't know how to get him out.

Since it was Sunday, the service department was closed so they had to call people at home to find out how to get the door open. He was stuck in the car for about a half hour.

Old 08-22-2018, 11:34 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about (the pope?) but I stand by my initial statement. If you can't ask questions about your C6 on the C6 forum, what's the point of the forum?
Honestly, I'm asking so I don't post the wrong thing and face the wrath.

Old 08-23-2018, 07:07 AM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

Awful? Wrath? Not much into exaggeration, are you? First thing I thought of when he said "trapped" was Jim Rodgers, the man who, along with his dog, died in his Corvette because he did not know how to get out of it when he could not open the doors. Maybe I/we just want to drive home to the OP how important it is to read the manual, and most of all, understand the safety features.

Last edited by buckmeister2; 08-23-2018 at 07:08 AM. Reason: punctuation
The following users liked this post:
duckvett (08-23-2018)
Old 08-23-2018, 05:22 PM
windyC6
Safety Car

I never read the manuals of any vehicle I get. Sure i'll use them for info which means i'll look stuff up, but to sit down on the porcelain thrown (or anywhere) and read my manual from cover to cover....nah......:
Old 08-23-2018, 06:59 PM
nick14003
Pro

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by bubber
Today I was trapped in my 2012 GS. The electric door opener did not work. Now I am out but cannot open the doors from the outside
How do I over ride this and open the doors or trunk?
Thanks in advance
Trapped? LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO, look on the floor, there is a manual door open latch both the driver and passenger has it...
To get in, use physical key near rear license plate to open trunk, then pull manual drive door cable latch on left side.

Quick Reply: Cannot open doors