C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just got my black GS CE!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 09:49 PM
robinsonlaird86
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whitenow
I would suggest flushing the brake fluid, coolant, plus change the oil in differential, transmission, and engine. Currently you could have original fluids that are 6-7 years old and may have contaminates in them. I like to know what I have and if I just bought an unknown, I will take steps to change the unknown to known. Besides, if you do these tasks yourself, you get to have a much better understanding of your vehicle.

What does anybody else think?

will do! everyone recommends Mobil 1from what I've read! how many bottles do I need to buy?
Old 08-27-2018, 07:21 PM
CorvetteSparky
Burning Brakes

Received 170 Likes on 111 Posts

Congratulations and welcome.

The shifter trim piece just snaps into place. You can get a replacement at the dealer or order a special look, such as carbon fiber from many of the vendors on the forum.
Old 08-27-2018, 07:46 PM
Mark333
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Congratulations and welcome, good looking car!
I just got my first corvette two weeks ago, a 2012 GS CE.

Old 08-27-2018, 07:48 PM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

Congratulations
Old 08-27-2018, 09:04 PM
TFFTBR
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Congratulations and welcome to the CE club. Are you in OKC, too? I ask because I know that car was local to me.

As far as your steering issue goes, I'd get it taken care of soon. When I got mine it was on its second rack and needed a pump which was on intergalactic backorder (the car was at the dealer the first month I owned it until I bitched enough that GM approved an aftermarket pump with a lifetime warranty).

The good news, the previous owners are big-time car people so I have faith it was taken care of and they sold it to buy a house. One of my employees was actually thinking about buying it.

Quick Reply: just got my black GS CE!