C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z51 emblems or not?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 12:57 PM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,364 Likes on 904 Posts

Originally Posted by JABCAT
There won't be any indication it was there, very simple to remove. It would also bug the crap out of me that it's crooked - but I'm OCD that way.
Agree.....and agree......and agree......and agree......
Old 08-30-2018, 02:29 PM
rudutch
Melting Slicks

Received 68 Likes on 46 Posts

I'm going for this!
Old 08-30-2018, 02:30 PM
HBsurfer
Le Mans Master

Received 1,105 Likes on 706 Posts

Originally Posted by WW7
I don't consider anyone who posted on this thread an azzhole, I asked for opinions and that's what Im getting.. If I couldn't take the honest answers I wouldn't have ask the question..WW
The following users liked this post:
rudutch (08-30-2018)
Old 08-30-2018, 02:48 PM
JasonAndrew
Safety Car

Received 270 Likes on 169 Posts

There won't be any indication it was there, very simple to remove. It would also bug the crap out of me that it's crooked - but I'm OCD that way.
I did some online research that says to use floss to remove the badges, but the paint may be not as faded underneath, or there may be some sticky residue from the stickers. I just left them on.
Old 08-30-2018, 03:08 PM
jaredtxrx
Burning Brakes

Received 196 Likes on 172 Posts

Not a model.

Not a model.

Not a model.

Not a model.

Not a model.
Old 08-30-2018, 03:26 PM
cgladish
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 446 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by jaredtxrx
Not a model.

Not a model.

Not a model.

Not a model.

Not a model.
badging is up to each person to decide. I agree that all of your examples are not models, but some of them do have a value or appeal.
I can see if it's in reference to an engine designation maybe ( LS6, ZL1, LT1 ), but beyond that, it gets a bit off point.
people trying to hard to stand out. I would rather see upgrades instead ( wheels / paint / body mods ).
Old 08-30-2018, 03:31 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by jaredtxrx
Not a model.

Not a model.

Not a model.

Not a model.

Not a model.
All factory installed.
The following 2 users liked this post by saplumr:
cal45 (09-02-2018), EVRose (08-30-2018)
Old 08-30-2018, 03:37 PM
GS982
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 200 Posts
Finalist 2021 C3 of the Year - Modified
C3 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
C6 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by saplumr
All factory installed.
100% dead on!
Old 08-30-2018, 03:44 PM
rudutch
Melting Slicks

Received 68 Likes on 46 Posts

Old 08-30-2018, 04:29 PM
bill gsport
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A wise fellow-enthusiast once told me when making decisions about YOUR car, do what makes YOU happy. Do what makes others happy and you'll only be happy for a short while. No matter what you want to do, some will like it...some won't. Chrome or black wheels, stripes or no stripes, coupe or convertible, auto or stick, base or wide body, etc., etc., etc. If you like it...go for it! I love the variety in our sport and, with very few exceptions, they all look good.

A piece of advice boys and girls. If you like something on a fellow-enthusiast's car, tell him or her. A little positive reinforcement is great. If you see something you don't like, keep it to yourself. You may be on the receiving end one day.
Old 08-30-2018, 04:37 PM
jhawk127
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruze
It would be marginally okay only if you have black wheels, which suck.
I've laughed out loud entirely too much while reading this thread! The quote above accurately sums this up. Everyone has opinions, and many are extreme.

As a z51 option owner, the sticker gets a "no thank you" from me, but I also prefer chrome! And...in my opinion..... just because a vehicle comes badged from the factory, doesn't mean it looks good. I've removed the "Corvette" letter stickers on my CHROME wheels because it is unnecessary (and some of the letters were starting to peel). I have no desire to clutter up the overall appearance. Keep it clean! Lots of other vehicles have raised letters for option packages (LT, LTZ, etc) from the factory, and that's not something important for me to advertise either.....in my opinion. Fortunately, they are just attached with double-stick tape instead of screws/rivets now!
Old 08-30-2018, 04:53 PM
cgladish
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jhawk127
I've laughed out loud entirely too much while reading this thread! The quote above accurately sums this up. Everyone has opinions, and many are extreme.

As a z51 option owner, the sticker gets a "no thank you" from me, but I also prefer chrome! And...in my opinion..... just because a vehicle comes badged from the factory, doesn't mean it looks good. I've removed the "Corvette" letter stickers on my CHROME wheels because it is unnecessary (and some of the letters were starting to peel). I have no desire to clutter up the overall appearance. Keep it clean! Lots of other vehicles have raised letters for option packages (LT, LTZ, etc) from the factory, and that's not something important for me to advertise either.....in my opinion. Fortunately, they are just attached with double-stick tape instead of screws/rivets now!
the only way I can see for using badging on a C6, would be to differentiate base models. GS, Z06, ZR1 are pretty obvious what they contain.
the difference on base models though, tend to be more on the interior ( 1LT - 4LT ).
but even then, the practiced eye can usually tell what options you have ( J55 brakes, NPP exhaust , 4LT interior ).
I still wouldn't need or want to add anything in the was additional detail.
I'm starting to see more cars where, people have taken off all of the badging ( no branding, model, or option displayed ).
it amazing how much cleaner it looks.
Old 08-30-2018, 05:22 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,774 Likes on 4,221 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by cgladish
I'm starting to see more cars where, people have taken off all of the badging ( no branding, model, or option displayed ).
it amazing how much cleaner it looks.
I agree - if I had a Z06 or ZR1, I would remove those badges as they look stuck on & out of place. My Grand Sport badges are built into the fenders, so I decided to highlight them (black with orange lettering) that flowed nicely (obviously my opinion) with the "theme" of my car, i.e. black headlights, black wheels, black splitter & side skirts, blacked out side markers & tail lights. If there weren't two holes front & back, I'd remove the crossed flags badges on the nose & tail - imho the badge takes away from the scoop on the nose of the wide-body cars.
Old 08-30-2018, 05:43 PM
cgladish
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

I agree - if I had a Z06 or ZR1, I would remove those badges as they look stuck on & out of place. My Grand Sport badges are built into the fenders, so I decided to highlight them (black with orange lettering) that flowed nicely (obviously my opinion) with the "theme" of my car, i.e. black headlights, black wheels, black splitter & side skirts, blacked out side markers & tail lights. If there weren't two holes front & back, I'd remove the crossed flags badges on the nose & tail - imho the badge takes away from the scoop on the nose of the wide-body cars.
I don't mind the crossed flags, but since it's a base model, may not have the same issue as you.
against my better judgment, I did order and install some American flag overlays on the flags.
luckily, their were cheap and easy to remove, as even j.c. Whitney's quality control dept. would have questioned them.
Old 08-30-2018, 06:06 PM
HBsurfer
Le Mans Master

Received 1,105 Likes on 706 Posts

I was thinking about getting some C2L badges made for mine.
Old 08-30-2018, 06:13 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

Ok, I got all you poor bastids beat with the badgy thing.

My second(?) or third(?) car was a '63 Old Cutlass. My first "real" GF was named "Debbie."

The grill had the letters OLDSMOBILE across it. Each was held on by a screw from the back, so I took them off, shuffled them up, and put back the "D," "E," and "B" letters, barely visible here.

She was impressed! Not sure about her WWII Marine vet dad though.

Ok mods, plz close this thread now, there is nothing more to add.

Old 08-30-2018, 06:16 PM
SladeX
Melting Slicks

Received 833 Likes on 607 Posts

Your car, do what you like. I have Z51 badges to go on my C6 and I have a matching style set Z28 on my Camaro. They are my cars and I enjoy each one.

Get notified of new replies

To Z51 emblems or not?

Old 08-30-2018, 06:23 PM
cgladish
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Bruze
Ok, I got all you poor bastids beat with the badgy thing.

My second(?) or third(?) car was a '63 Old Cutlass. My first "real" GF was named "Debbie."

The grill had the letters OLDSMOBILE across it. Each was held on by a screw from the back, so I took them off, shuffled them up, and put back the "D," "E," and "B" letters, barely visible here.

She was impressed! Not sure about her WWII Marine vet dad though.

Ok mods, plz close this thread now, there is nothing more to add.

well, since you brought it up, my first car was 1964 olds cutlass with, wait for it...
...F85 badging!
I think that F coding was for suspension options. mine did not have leaf springs, but trailing arms. was an ok handling car.
great engine ( 330ci, 4bbl, 10.25:1 compression, powerglide ). right car at the wrong time, as I beat the s@#$ out if it.
I paid $500 from the original owner ( in 1980 ). but sold it too soon (1982 ).
ok, I'm ready to end my contribution on this topic.
Old 08-30-2018, 06:34 PM
Chevyrelic
Pro

Received 251 Likes on 142 Posts
Default That’s just Jake...

Originally Posted by GS982
It's a slippery slope!
This car just needs a “Jake” sticker to be complete...lol.
Old 08-30-2018, 07:29 PM
919cw313
Le Mans Master

Received 2,683 Likes on 1,408 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by saplumr
All factory installed.
Yup, there's the difference. He didn't have to go to the trouble of posting all those pics for the answer, either.

Quick Reply: Z51 emblems or not?