C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will Chevrolet replace my rear view mirror?

 
Old 08-30-2018, 11:53 AM
  #1  
CrystalRedGS
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Aug 2018
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Will Chevrolet replace my rear view mirror?

The Rear view mirror on my 2012 Grant Sport appears to have lost its silvering and is not functional
CrystalRedGS is offline  
Old 08-30-2018, 12:10 PM
  #2  
RichKiss
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Apr 2014
Location: Mason OH
Posts: 487
Liked 46 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by CrystalRedGS View Post
The Rear view mirror on my 2012 Grant Sport appears to have lost its silvering and is not functional
Yes. For the cost of the mirror and labor to do it.
RichKiss is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by RichKiss:
airmed2 (04-15-2019), Grand Sport Jim (08-31-2018)
Old 08-30-2018, 12:17 PM
  #3  
z06clif
CF Senior Member
 
z06clif's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2008
Location: Mt. Sinai NY
Posts: 4,277
Liked 150 Times in 134 Posts
Default

On a 7 year old car I would say a definite NO

Clif
z06clif is offline  
Old 08-30-2018, 01:13 PM
  #4  
TorchRedFred
CF Senior Member
 
TorchRedFred's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2017
Location: Morris County New Jersey
Posts: 2,186
Liked 417 Times in 358 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RichKiss View Post
Yes. For the cost of the mirror and labor to do it.

Last edited by TorchRedFred; 08-30-2018 at 01:14 PM.
TorchRedFred is offline  
Old 08-30-2018, 01:43 PM
  #5  
TecCrash
Junior Member
 
TecCrash's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2018
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 19
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I ran across these guys when I was researching my rearview mirror issue. They might be able to help.

http://www.radar-mirror.com/Mirror_Repair.html
TecCrash is offline  
Old 08-30-2018, 02:13 PM
  #6  
Vet Interested
CF Senior Member
 
Vet Interested's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Location: (R. Bernardo) San Diego, California
Posts: 4,050
Liked 550 Times in 419 Posts
Default

You seriously have to ask?

Last edited by Vet Interested; 09-10-2018 at 10:22 PM.
Vet Interested is offline  
Old 08-30-2018, 02:26 PM
  #7  
07MontyRed
CF Senior Member
 
07MontyRed's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2004
Location: Cape Canaveral Florida
Posts: 1,194
Liked 81 Times in 60 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13,'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19

Default

Originally Posted by z06clif View Post
On a 7 year old car I would say a definite NO

Clif
I agree. Really? Seven years and you expect the company to cover it?
07MontyRed is offline  
Old 08-30-2018, 06:17 PM
  #8  
C6Whatever
CF Senior Member
 
C6Whatever's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2011
Location: Alexandria Louisiana
Posts: 1,938
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by CrystalRedGS View Post
The Rear view mirror on my 2012 Grant Sport appears to have lost its silvering and is not functional
no glass or mirrors are covered by warranty
C6Whatever is offline  
Old 08-30-2018, 07:26 PM
  #9  
buckmeister2
CF Senior Member
 
buckmeister2's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2015
Location: Las Vegas Nevada
Posts: 3,609
Liked 432 Times in 384 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by CrystalRedGS View Post
The Rear view mirror on my 2012 Grant Sport appears to have lost its silvering and is not functional
Not Toyota, Ford, and certainly not GM. Buy a new one on ebay, or off the 'net.
buckmeister2 is online now  
Old 09-09-2018, 04:46 PM
  #10  
Wetrudgeon
CF Senior Member
 
Wetrudgeon's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 307
Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TecCrash View Post
I ran across these guys when I was researching my rearview mirror issue. They might be able to help.

http://www.radar-mirror.com/Mirror_Repair.html
The inside rearview mirror in our 2011 GS was in pretty bad shape and getting worse; and we have toyed with purchasing a replacement. They are pretty expensive. We contacted these people shortly after reading this post on August 30. Sent them our badly deteriorated mirror and $100. They repaired the mirror in one day and returned it as good as new. Based on our experiences, we can heartily recommend them.

We trudge on.
Wetrudgeon is online now  
Old 04-15-2019, 03:41 PM
  #11  
my1970conv
CF Senior Member
 
my1970conv's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2001
Location: Lachute QC
Posts: 217
Liked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Wetrudgeon View Post
The inside rearview mirror in our 2011 GS was in pretty bad shape and getting worse; and we have toyed with purchasing a replacement. They are pretty expensive. We contacted these people shortly after reading this post on August 30. Sent them our badly deteriorated mirror and $100. They repaired the mirror in one day and returned it as good as new. Based on our experiences, we can heartily recommend them.

We trudge on.
Hi wetrudgeon... so when you say you're mirror was in pretty bad shape, do you mean that the actual glass of the mirror was in bad shape, and was it scratched or something else? On my 2012 GS, I am seeing what appears to be some discoloration (pitting, dull looking) in the rear view mirror... not over the entire length but more towards where the compass is located... I saw the video about it being able to be repaired, and was thinking of sending it to them... so you're still satisfied with the repair?

Thanks
my1970conv is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 03:55 PM
  #12  
Wetrudgeon
CF Senior Member
 
Wetrudgeon's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 307
Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts
Default

my1970conv:
The glass on the mirror of our 2011 GS 3LT convertible was “bubbling up” and frosting such that the mirror was increasingly opaque. ( Don’t know how else to describe it.). The “frosty” part was also growing. We are advised that this was/is a fairly common complaint on the C6.

At any rate, the good folks at radar fixed it to like new condition. We recommend you contact them and perhaps send them a photo of the mirror and see if they can help. Less aggravating than living with the discoloration and a good deal less $$$ than a replacement mirror.

we trudge on.
Wetrudgeon is online now  
Old 04-15-2019, 04:04 PM
  #13  
my1970conv
CF Senior Member
 
my1970conv's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2001
Location: Lachute QC
Posts: 217
Liked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Wetrudgeon View Post
my1970conv:
The glass on the mirror of our 2011 GS 3LT convertible was “bubbling up” and frosting such that the mirror was increasingly opaque. ( Don’t know how else to describe it.). The “frosty” part was also growing. We are advised that this was/is a fairly common complaint on the C6.

At any rate, the good folks at radar fixed it to like new condition. We recommend you contact them and perhaps send them a photo of the mirror and see if they can help. Less aggravating than living with the discoloration and a good deal less $$$ than a replacement mirror.

we trudge on.
Thanks... I'll send them a picture as you suggest... and 100$ is much better than $500-735 (that's what they sell for in Canada)...
my1970conv is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 11:49 PM
  #14  
cmonkey713
CF Senior Member
 
cmonkey713's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2008
Location: Edmond Oklahoma
Posts: 11,456
Liked 396 Times in 354 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by CrystalRedGS View Post
The Rear view mirror on my 2012 Grant Sport appears to have lost its silvering and is not functional
In a word, NO! If the car is out of warranty GM will notify or assist in any repair cost. A member here had about 30K miles on a 2010 GS and the motor locked up. GM said sorry and charged him 8K to replace the engine.
cmonkey713 is online now  
Old 04-16-2019, 12:12 AM
  #15  
Turbo6TA
CF Senior Member
 
Turbo6TA's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,406
Liked 540 Times in 423 Posts
Default

I have a 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner that I purchased new.

The clear plastic face of my AM / FM radio has gotten a dull finish over it that is starting to make it very hard to view anymore.

Do you think that the Chrysler Corp should stand by there product and replace this radio ?
Turbo6TA is offline  
Old 04-16-2019, 09:56 AM
  #16  
Chevyrelic
CF Member
 
Chevyrelic's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2017
Location: Winter Springs, Florida
Posts: 95
Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA View Post
I have a 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner that I purchased new.

The clear plastic face of my AM / FM radio has gotten a dull finish over it that is starting to make it very hard to view anymore.

Do you think that the Chrysler Corp should stand by there product and replace this radio ?
It depends...on whether it has a Hemi or not, lol. Too funny Turbo.
Chevyrelic is offline  
Old 04-16-2019, 10:23 AM
  #17  
windyC6
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,616
Liked 393 Times in 339 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by C6Whatever View Post


no glass or mirrors are covered by warranty
HUH? Are you suggesting that if your car is under factory warranty that a faulty rear view mirror would not be covered ??......
windyC6 is offline  
Old 04-16-2019, 10:49 AM
  #18  
jrose7004
CF Senior Member
 
jrose7004's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2004
Location: Oklahoma City OK
Posts: 56,250
Liked 810 Times in 716 Posts
Default

No but you should call the GM Apology line and they'll tell you how sorry they are for your problem.
jrose7004 is offline  
The following users liked this post: jrose7004
ontime (04-17-2019)

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Will Chevrolet replace my rear view mirror?


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: