C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touch up paint question?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 05:51 PM
rmtt
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Touch up paint question?

So I have a 2005 Metallic Silver C6. There are a few places on the front bumper and at the back fender-well area that need touched up. They are very small and you probably wouldn't see most unless I pointed them out to someone. Paint code is 67U or WA994.

I have tried 3 different kits (Dr. Colorchip, Scratch Wizard, and Automotivetouchup). Used both pens and bottles with small brushes.

Every touch up kit is noticeably darker even after setting a couple of days.

I know the car being 13 years old has some bearing on it, but it's been in a garage it's entire life when not being driven.

Is there any tricks you guys have used or seen that allows you to "lighten" the touch up paint at all? It's like if it were a couple of shades lighter, it would be a perfect match. I can live with seeing it if I'm looking for it, but this is noticble from 4+ feet.

Whether mixing the paint With something before applying, or some type of glaze or compound that could be used later after the base paint has been applied to tone it down......I'm appreciative of any suggestions.

Aside from those small rock chips, the rest of the car still looks perfect in my eyes.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Touch up paint question?