C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

INdash Kenwwod System

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 10:53 AM
jag71usa
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Default INdash Kenwwod System

Good morning to all. My 07 c6 does not have a screen unit with navigation etc. I am considering purchasing a Kenwood system with two camera hookups and Garmin NAV, bluetooth, etc. Found one at Best Buy here in Austin. The whole package, including two cameras and installation will total about $1000. Any opinions on the ability of the Best Buy folks to install this unit properly? Any concerns/experience with Best Buy installation? Any insight are appreciated. Thanks.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:00 AM
Evo_Joe
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jag71usa
Good morning to all. My 07 c6 does not have a screen unit with navigation etc. I am considering purchasing a Kenwood system with two camera hookups and Garmin NAV, bluetooth, etc. Found one at Best Buy here in Austin. The whole package, including two cameras and installation will total about $1000. Any opinions on the ability of the Best Buy folks to install this unit properly? Any concerns/experience with Best Buy installation? Any insight are appreciated. Thanks.
I think two cameras is not needed, I just run a backup camera and then I have a Rexing V1 4k installed under the rear view mirror. I think most people end up using the nav on their phone via mirroring or android auto etc. Do you want access and the ability to install apps via the android/apple app marketplace, because if you want to run TorquePro or the like, I would just get a Pumpkin/Joying and call it a day.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:45 AM
grr4
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I purchased a Kenwood receiver - backup camera but no NAV - from Best Buy and had them do the installation. It's perfect. The BOSE speakers work as well as expected. All the steering wheel controls work. The Bluetooth connectivity is great. The total cost was about $650 including installation. No regrets.
Old 09-14-2018, 03:52 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Here is a do-it-yourself thread. Even if you have BestBuy do it, it's good to educate yourself a little so you can ask questions and test there knowledge before you hand over your car. For the most part, changing the head unit on a C6 is fairly simple and straight forward, so I would think the guys at BestBuy should be able to handle it no problem.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...is-to-diy.html
Old 09-14-2018, 04:38 PM
vetteJPJ
Burning Brakes

Received 358 Likes on 229 Posts

I had Bestbuy do my Kenwood head-unit and rear and front cameras. They did an excellent install. Problem free for over a year. My front camera is under bumper showing me when I'm gonna smash my splitter on a rock or curb.Yeah I've done that.

Get notified of new replies

To INdash Kenwwod System

Quick Reply: INdash Kenwwod System